+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pitching

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Pitching

I went to Reno and watched the Friday and Saturday games. Had to leave early Sunday and missed the win.

Reno had gone something like 20 innings without scoring a run. They pounded us the first two days. We really need help at pitching. Someone update us on recruits for next year. We could use one good JC pitcher. I know we've got a good freshman coming from the Dallas area.

I don't want this to be a negative thread because we have some good young players that will just get better with experience. We did make a couple of fielding errrors in the second game that cost us the game. One was ruled a double (home call) that lf could have caught. He may have lost the ball in the overcast skys. Rike made a couple of super catches in cf, including the final out in the Sunday game, with the bases loaded.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Pitching

Beaver-Dog, during the Saturday broadcast I was amazed to hear all the cheering for Tech. How many Tech supporters were in attendance? Were there a lot of players' parents there or something?

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

We have some good young pitchers. Their ability is there, just no experience. I know we have some quality coming in. Again, they will be young. We will be ok next year. In 2 years, we will be in post season play. Take it to the bank.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I support this coach and his efforts as much as anyone, but I think we still have major improvement needed in all areas. We still don't make the plays in the field we have to make, we don't get the timely hits often enough, and our pitching is not consistent.

I hope we are a post-season team in two years, but we have a long way to go.
    -------------

If Cobb comes back next year, we should have two good soph outfielders. Rike has stepped in under fire and performed well.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77
    Beaver-Dog, during the Saturday broadcast I was amazed to hear all the cheering for Tech. How many Tech supporters were in attendance? Were there a lot of players' parents there or something?
    I think most of the noise you heard was my wife. There were probably 50 or more Tech fans there, all sitting in the same section. We were close enough to the broadcast booth to be heard.

I met Meyer and Goulder's parents and I was with Rike's parents (his dad and my wife are brother and sister.) There were other parents there I did not meet. The assistant coaches wife was there, she has short blonde hair and I don't remember her name. There were more than I expected and none were shy about being Tech fans.

The Nevada fans were very cordial. They support their teams and you see
    Wolfpack everywhere you go. I didn't get inside the other facilities but they look first class from the outside. Very nice campus.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

There are some pitchers hurt trying to pitch through rest of season. With suspended position players, many backups are having to play that don't run, play defense, or hit that well. Make some plays in field look spectacular that others would make routine. Yet, these squad members enjoy the moment.

+ Reply to Thread