+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's Wrong at Tech?

Big Dog BOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the rough

Warning What's Wrong at Tech?

Well Guys-n-Gals...I'm pretty numb about Tech right now....!!!! I was so excited to see a coach like Lovett come to Tech that maybe we would start getting a more aggressive attitude and start heading in the right direction to compete consistently year after year...I mean the athletic department is so passive about how we do year after year that it's disgusting.....maybe I got spoiled in my time at Tech....it was during the Crowton era so we acutally had winning seasons every year and were nationally recognized in one form or another year after year, and except the 2001 season, which we really didn't do all that great, we have been exactly what the WAC represents....subpar competition that wins once in a while, but don't put any money on us because if we do good one week...we'll do just as bad the next......but come on people............Lovett didn't even unpack his things before he said no-way to our University..........yea I know our facilities are subpar....our funding is a joke....the coaches pay is bordering high school pay....and yes....the town is less than desirable....but HEY!!!!! our uniforms are pretty darn cool looking!!!! What do you all think???
    Does Tech have anything at all to offer a successful coach or even an unproven coach that has tons of potential to come to our University and build somthing special and change the perception of Louisiana Tech University and bring us into the 21st century?

Big Dog BOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the rough

Re: What's Wrong at Tech?

also....one more thing....does anyone know if this is Bicks last year or not on his contract? I'm kinda curious that's all......

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BOSTON
    Does Tech have anything at all to offer a successful coach or even an unproven coach that has tons of potential to come to our University and build somthing special and change the perception of Louisiana Tech University and bring us into the 21st century?
    No. Coaches at west Monroe probably make more.

Btu we do have our blue balls to make us proud.

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

I can see the conversation now...

Lovett: But you said $24,000 a year?
    Oakes: Well, Dr. Reneau said we needed that money for Nano Technology- US News and World Reports have us as a third tier ranked 354 in Nano, isnt that great?
    Lovett: Yeah, that is great but we agreed to $24,000!
    Oakes: Look here is what we can do, $18,000, $50 bucks a week in the Cafeteria, Oh and did I mention a room in Caruthers?
    Lovett: Have a nice day ass hole.... I am out of here to a real university

Bowling Green AD: How would you like $75,000 a year and an opportunity at a real univeristy?
    Lovett: I'll take it.

Bowling Green, #1 defense in the MAC and ranked #19 in the nation by the third week of next year.

WE NEED A NEW AD AND PRESIDENT!

Varsity Bulldog LostInOzBulldog has turned a few heads around hereLostInOzBulldog has turned a few heads around here

[QUOTE=BOSTON]Lovett didn't even unpack his things before he said no-way to our University..........yea I know our facilities are subpar....our funding is a joke....the coaches pay is bordering high school pay....and yes....the town is less than desirable....but HEY!!!!! our uniforms are pretty darn cool looking!!!! What do you all think???QUOTE]

All of that should have been discussed and seen when he was interviewing before he took the job, But it is easy to see that when Bowling Green came knocking and probably offered him double the Tech salary......well you do the math!
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." -- by Jack Handy

+ Reply to Thread