+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ed Jackson

Puppy Kappakall isn't thought very highly of around hereKappakall isn't thought very highly of around hereKappakall isn't thought very highly of around hereKappakall isn't thought very highly of around hereKappakall isn't thought very highly of around here

Ed Jackson

WOW!!!

Why is Jack Bicknell III not offering the def Coor job to Ed jackson????? How can this happen? 7 defenesive coords over the past 5 years and "NOT" one offer to Ed..... 'O, I get it---Ed is the yes sir--Man-- that recruits all the kids from the Juco's and other areas, however he is not good enough to run one of the worse defensive teams in college football???

This is the reason that you have major turnover problems at Tech... There is no way my son would ever play football at tech.......

Ed, grow you a pair and let Bicknell know this will not be tolerated('O, I forgot--keep quiet so you can at least keep your job)

Ruston-La tech ----GEEEEZ :-(

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Ed Jackson

There is an excellent thread, on the recruiting board, about what a great coach, person and man that is Ed Jackson. You might want to read that thread. He is also the Asst. Head Coach of our DAWGS as you probably know. This board and TECH is very Pro Coach Jackson! And yes, I gave you a red for your above post.

Bulldog veerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around here veerbone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kappakall
    WOW!!!

'O, I get it---Ed is the yes sir--Man-- that recruits all the kids from the Juco's and other areas, however he is not good enough to run one of the worse defensive teams in college football???

:-(
    Calling Tech's defense one of the "worse in college football" doesn't make the case for Coach Jackson being DC or head coach....he's been coaching on the defensive side of the ball, so it actually lumps him in with past failures.

I don't think there is any question that Ed Jackson is a valuable asset to Louisiana Tech, but coaches don't hire (or promote) people loyal to the University, they try to hire coaches who are loyal to THEM. Unfortunately, Bicknell's list in this area is down to one....and he's the new DC.

If Ed Jackson wanted to be head coach or coordinator, he could have gone any number of places and been very successful. But he wants to be at Louisiana Tech, and the best way to keep him at Tech is to keep him in a position where he's not open to criticism. You don't see anybody on this board trashing the ASSISTANT Head Coach for calling for his head, but Bicknell, Conroy, and (DC of the month here) are always being second-guessed.
    Last edited by veerbone; 05-12-2005 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Adding comment

Varsity Bulldog Kat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the ears Kat04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by veerbone
    Calling Tech's defense one of the "worse in college football" doesn't make the case for Coach Jackson being DC or head coach....he's been coaching on the defensive side of the ball, so it actually lumps him in with past failures.

I don't think there is any question that Ed Jackson is a valuable asset to Louisiana Tech, but coaches don't hire (or promote) people loyal to the University, they try to hire coaches who are loyal to THEM. Unfortunately, Bicknell's list in this area is down to one....and he's the new DC.

If Ed Jackson wanted to be head coach or coordinator, he could have gone any number of places and been very successful. But he wants to be at Louisiana Tech, and the best way to keep him at Tech is to keep him in a position where he's not open to criticism. You don't see anybody on this board trashing the ASSISTANT Head Coach for calling for his head, but Bicknell, Conroy, and (DC of the month here) are always being second-guessed.
    Great post/reply!

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Besides, wouldn't going from Asst Head Coach to DC be a step down for him?
    Go Tech!

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

TULSA-indeed it would! Indeed it would!

Varsity Bulldog Kat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the ears Kat04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg
    Exactly... and if he wanted a change, I am sure he would have asked for it by now. Surely 12-13 years being on staff at Tech would give you room to inquire about open positions. Ed seems to be perfectly content with where he is in Tech Athletics and doesn't seem to be looking for a change.. except perhaps in the record, which we should see by the end of the '05 season!!!

GO DAWGS... 11-0!!!!
    Last edited by Kat04; 05-17-2005 at 02:08 PM. Reason: LOL Wrote the wrong doggone year for the season!!!

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

KAT-the day YOU came into our BB&B lives was a great day for all of us! Not Barry, YOU! Now, we are all so GLAD that you brought Barry along for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14
    KAT-the day YOU came into our BB&B lives was a great day for all of us! Not Barry, YOU! Now, we are all so GLAD that you brought Barry along for the ride.
    Awww well Big Mick I love yall too LOL I was "stopping through" the board when I posted about the new baby being a girl, but I have to admit, the more anxious and impatient I get about the season starting, the more I come on to read posts here LOL We enjoy being in Ruston and have enjoyed attending Tech as well. Of course I am taking off a couple of quarters to have Avalyn but I will be back for the Winter 05 term

As for this thread, Coach Jackson doesn't need employment "advancement" suggestions from newbies here who obviously haven't got a clue about the chain of command in the first place.

Puppy Kappakall isn't thought very highly of around hereKappakall isn't thought very highly of around hereKappakall isn't thought very highly of around hereKappakall isn't thought very highly of around hereKappakall isn't thought very highly of around here

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg
    ****We all know that the Asst Head Coach title is a joke... Def/Off coordinators hold more weight that the Asst head coach... Who was the asst head coach at LSU last year?? Right, don't know- :-).. I bet you know Jimbo Fisher.. Plus asst head coaches are paid less than coords.--I guess this is a step back as well?

The point is this-- We all know Ed is a "yes" man and don't want to rock the boat. La tech hs never had a minority head coach, off coord/def coord.-- Why is that? Are you saying that there are not any qualified minorities in the US that could not improve this defense?

Ed should be outraged that the position wasn't offered to him. Hell he didn't even get an interview.

****I now see what the kids are saying when they say Ed has no backbone and will not stand up for us. Congrats La Tech--You found a real Uncle tom.

****We all know that the Asst Head Coach title is a joke... Def/Off coordinators hold more weight that the Asst head coach... Who was the asst head coach at LSU last year?? Right, don't know- :-).. I bet you know Jimbo Fisher.. Plus asst head coaches are paid less than coords.--I guess this is a step back as well?

The point is this-- We all know Ed is a "yes" man and don't want to rock the boat. La tech hs never had a minority head coach, off coord/def coord.-- Why is that? Are you saying that there are not any qualified minorities in the US that could not improve this defense?

Ed should be outraged that the position wasn't offered to him. Hell he didn't even get an interview.

****I now see what the kids are saying when they say Ed has no backbone and will not stand up for us. Congrats La Tech--You found a real Uncle tom.
    Is WHO saying that there are not any qualified minorities in the US that could not improve this defense?? YOU are the one that made that statement and started with the minority thing. Do you know Coach Jackson personally? Has he ever made it clear to you that he is dissatisfied with his current standing at Louisiana Tech? Me and my husband are very close to him and his family and I have NEVER gotten that impression from him. He seems completely pleased with where he is in life and what he has accomplished thus far. Get over yourself and go debate somewhere else because it seems you are only trying to start mess here and bad mouthing Edward Jackson in the process. Take it elsewhere, preferably somewhere you actually have some inside access so you can have a CLUE about what you are saying. As for the "US" in your last stupid statement, I truely hope you aren't from Tech. If so then I suggest you get some first hand knowledge of what goes on rather than hearing from people who heard from people who heard from their cousin that used to go to Tech. UGH! Have you nothing better to do? Get your own opinion and don't come on here carrying on other people's rants which is obviously what you have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat04
    Is WHO saying that there are not any qualified minorities in the US that could not improve this defense?? YOU are the one that made that statement and started with the minority thing. Do you know Coach Jackson personally? Has he ever made it clear to you that he is dissatisfied with his current standing at Louisiana Tech? Me and my husband are very close to him and his family and I have NEVER gotten that impression from him. He seems completely pleased with where he is in life and what he has accomplished thus far. Get over yourself and go debate somewhere else because it seems you are only trying to start mess here and bad mouthing Edward Jackson in the process. Take it elsewhere, preferably somewhere you actually have some inside access so you can have a CLUE about what you are saying. As for the "US" in your last stupid statement, I truely hope you aren't from Tech. If so then I suggest you get some first hand knowledge of what goes on rather than hearing from people who heard from people who heard from their cousin that used to go to Tech. UGH! Have you nothing better to do? Get your own opinion and don't come on here carrying on other people's rants which is obviously what you have done.
    You are soooo out of the loop. No disrespect, but--What does a 2nd string lb's wife know about 1st Ruston, 2nd Coach jackson, 3rd Ruston Politics, 4th Hiring practices of La Tech University--Not SQUAT!!!!

Stupid?? Do you have a college education?

Its apparent that you haven't been in Ruston very long.

I'll let you find out the hard way.

By the way, do you attend church?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

You are soooo out of the loop. No disrespect, but--What does a 2nd string lb's wife know about 1st Ruston, 2nd Coach jackson, 3rd Ruston Politics, 4th Hiring practices of La Tech University--Not SQUAT!!!!

Stupid?? Do you have a college education?

Its apparent that you haven't been in Ruston very long.

I'll let you find out the hard way.

By the way, do you attend church?
    yeah, you're obviously very educated. Racism is why the coach wasn't offered the job huh? You obviously don't know much. Sounds to me like you are a typical Rustonite who'd probably rather cheer for LSU. Go for it. Your comments are simply inflamatory and ignorant. I've got a college degree and some honors to go with them. Kat is raising some wonderful kids and keeping them straight while her husband plays ball. No disrespect...you gotta be kidding me. You're disrespectful and believe me, you're disrespecting the wrong person. You're a joke.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kat04
    KAT,

You have way too much class to have to get down in the gutter with this jerk. I would hope the good administartors on this board would do the right thing and erase his classless post you spoke to.

Sometimes we see the ugly side of this boards and it makes it sad that we can't come on here and talk about positives, but rather have to defend.

You know and I know that Coach Jackson is one of our bright spots. Regardless of some idiot says.

DFiH

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous
    KAT,

You have way too much class to have to get down in the gutter with this jerk. I would hope the good administartors on this board would do the right thing and erase his classless post you spoke to.

Sometimes we see the ugly side of this boards and it makes it sad that we can't come on here and talk about positives, but rather have to defend.

You know and I know that Coach Jackson is one of our bright spots. Regardless of some idiot says.

DFiH
    Yeh kat you leave that to us, you dont stoop there. Where does this asshole get off? Did you just not read that she said she was good friends with Coach Jackson. So, I figure she probably knows a little bit more about the situation than you do. He is an Uncle Tom. Why? Because he doesnt want to act like a bonehead and lose his job. He likes where he is at like Kat said. Maybe he wants to be patient and wait for an opportunity he wants and not act like a dumbass.

+ Reply to Thread