+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ed Jackson

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Ed Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Kappakall
    Make it clear, there is only maybe one other person on this board that knows as much as i know about inside La Tech Sports. The rest of you guys are simply fans.

Good Day
    I know this about La Tech sports, it pretty much sucks right now, across the board, and the folks responsible for it sucking are many of the people you named.

But, I'm simply a fan. A disgruntled fan.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Make it clear, there is only maybe one other person on this board that knows as much as i know about inside La Tech Sports. The rest of you guys are simply fans.

Good Day
    hey, right, you said barry robertson was a second string linebacker...you know crap about inside of tech sports. i promise you that the "second-string linebackers wife" knows a hell of a lot more then you do...you'd be wise to quit running your mouth and listen to some of the folks on here who know what they are talking about and know how to express themselves without resorting to personal attacks.

and good day to you.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

You move in College football for 3 reasons.

#1 Being a great recruiter
    #2 Being well respected by fellow coaches and players
    #3 Being a great off/def coord.
    Ed Jackson meets number one and two and would meet number three IF HE WANTED THE JOB. My dad has been a high school football coach in north Louisiana for 38 years (wow, even longer than you've known Reneau...woo wee) and he says that Ed Jackson is the guy who constantly keeps in touch with him and other area coaches. I could tell you a really embarrassing story about our HC, but that is the topic of another thread. Ed Jackson is VERY HIGHLY thought of by area coaches and is a fantastic recruiter. Since you know so much about Tech athletics, you probably remember the Mississippi JUCO signings that have bailed us out the last couple of years. Guess who is in charge of recruiting the MS JUCOs....That right, your man Ed.

******Not for being a great Asst Head Coach
    WRONG! But, you do lose respect from other board members by making dumb ass statements like that. Tell Dave Wannedstadt, Norv Turner (NFL) that they can't move up from Asst. Head Coach. Why do you think they call it Asst. Head Coach to begin with? Several NCAA coaches have had that same position before moving on to HC spots.

Make it clear, there is only maybe one other person on this board that knows as much as i know about inside La Tech Sports.
    Yeah, you and every other person on this board with 6 or 8 posts to his name. If you really do have this kind of inside info, please tell us about relavant things like a plan for the athletic department, conference affiliation, and budget decisions. A lot of people on this board know all the same people you listed, so don't expect anyone to be impressed.

If you want to make the argument that the NCAA should do more to hire minority coaches, then do that. I would probably agree with you on some points. I think the NCAA has launched a few programs in recent years trying to accomplish things like that. If you want to question Bicknell's coaching hires, join the club...we all wonder about those. But, picking on a good coach and a fine man does absolutely no good for this board, Ed Jackson, your credibility (regardless of who you know), or our athletic program.

Gary Crowton gave Ed Jackson the opportunity to move to the Chicago Bears and Ed turned it down because he likes what he does. He had an opportunity to coach in the NFL with one of the most storied franchises in the league and he turned it down to stay at Tech. His salary would have probably tripled, but he stayed because La. Tech is his school. That should tell you all you need to know about Ed Jackson. So, instead of bragging about how long you have known him, try actually talking to the man and finding out the real story.

Good Day
    You too, buddy.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Congrats La Tech--You found a real Uncle tom.
    What an ignorant comment

I wish I could make that dot bigger!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Kappa, you've gotta be kidding me right. I bet you couldn't find your butt with both hands. But, for the sake of argument, I'll give you that you know the folks you've mentioned. You know that guy who is always around being loud and obnoxious. You know who I'm talkin' about. He's a name dropper who's always tellin' you all the great things about himself. You know, he's that jackass that you would never tell anything important because you know he'd be shooting his stupid mouth off 30 seconds after he left...you know who I'm talkin' about? That's you. I hope you do get banned from the board because you don't bring anything to the board but ignorance and agrivation(sp). You were rude to one of our most treasured members and then you went on about what a big shot you are. If I never see another word that was generated in your tiny mind, I'll be all the better for it.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

This is the reason that you have major turnover problems at Tech... There is no way my son would ever play football at tech.......

Ruston-La tech ----GEEEEZ :-(
    There is something very suspicious here. This person claims to be on the INSIDE of Tech athletics and know more than us, yet makes these statements? I think this is an outsider stirring. Ignore would be the best option here. If he wants to be a Tech fan and contribute to conversations, he needs to start saying "we", instead of "you".

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    There is something very suspicious here. This person claims to be on the INSIDE of Tech athletics and know more than us, yet makes these statements? I think this is an outsider stirring. Ignore would be the best option here. If he wants to be a Tech fan and contribute to conversations, he needs to start saying "we", instead of "you".
    I don't know, he could be a typical Ruston LSU worshipper (see monreaux t). I bet he'd be sayin' we if Tech had won a bowl game last year...you know how it works.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Yeh Kappa with you knowing Ed all good and all, I hope yall arent friends because you might be one of the worst friends ever. Calling him an Uncle Tom and all. If you are such an insider, let us here some of the scoop you have. You have never even been on here. You are a joke.

+ Reply to Thread