+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ed Jackson

Varsity Bulldog Kat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the ears Kat04's Avatar

Re: Ed Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Kappakall
    You are soooo out of the loop. No disrespect, but--What does a 2nd string lb's wife know about 1st Ruston, 2nd Coach jackson, 3rd Ruston Politics, 4th Hiring practices of La Tech University--Not SQUAT!!!!

Stupid?? Do you have a college education?

Its apparent that you haven't been in Ruston very long.

I'll let you find out the hard way.

By the way, do you attend church?
    LOL @ 2nd string linebacker... try again.

#1- yes
    #2- 1 year
    #3- fine with me
    #4- yes I do

Bulldog veerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around here veerbone's Avatar

****We all know that the Asst Head Coach title is a joke... Def/Off coordinators hold more weight that the Asst head coach... Who was the asst head coach at LSU last year?? Right, don't know- :-).. I bet you know Jimbo Fisher.. Plus asst head coaches are paid less than coords.--I guess this is a step back as well?
    You know why you don't know who the Assistant Head Coach was at LSU last year? Because they didn't have one. Probably 90% of teams in America DON'T have AHC's. Why? Because AHC is normally reserved for an assistant coach who head the coach wants to REWARD with a big title position. They don't get the positive or negative publicity that a coordinator gets, but they have MORE authority on the coaching staff.

"Assistant Head Coach" is a new trend in college and pro football, and it's main purpose is to get an assistant coach MORE money and MORE responsibility. If Coach Jackson is settling for less money to be AHC, that's his business. Coach Jackson is the #2 man on the Tech staff, and as long as JB is there, he will continue to be.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Ed Jackson the interim HC between the time Crowton left and JB was hired? I don't recall him applying for the position then. Am I just forgetting about it?

Don't call Coach Jackson an Uncle Tom...it clearly reveals a racist agenda and a lack of appreciation for a black man's well-earned and much deserved success. Coach Jackson has worked his butt off and earned an ASSISTANT HEAD COACHING position in a DIVISION 1-A PROGRAM, he is appreciated for his hard work and commitment to our university, and is apparently very happy with his career path, otherwise, he would have left to pursue others. If having a job you love, being SECURE in that job, and having people who appreciate the job you do makes a man an "Uncle Tom", I don't know what in the world he would have to do for you to appreiciate him. I guess as long as he's working for a white head coach, you'll just consider him a loser.

Whenever JB3's time is over at La Tech, I hope Coach Jackson will consider applying for the head coaching job. If he's the best qualified candidate, and has the best plan for the future of Louisiana Tech football, I hope he gets it. But if he DOESN'T want it, or isn't the most qualified applicant, I hope he can stay on staff and finish his illustrious career at Tech without people belittling him for being content with where he is.
    Last edited by veerbone; 05-17-2005 at 09:49 PM. Reason: spelling

Varsity Bulldog Kat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the ears Kat04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kat04
    I haven't disrespected anyone... Every time someone says anything that has to do with someone that is not white, it's automatically race related. Makes me want to scream. I am sure by now you as well as everyone else on here knows I have no problem with speaking what I have to say. If I turn out wrong, as everyone on here also knows, I have NO problem coming back with an apology as I actually HAVE done in the past! However, from what I have seen, I would RESPECTFULLY have to disagree. You leave my children OUT OF YOUR MIND AND MOUTH because yes my husband and I have raised them, bad as they may be sometimes LOL and very proud of every ounce of parenting I have put into this family. You are entitled to think I am a joke, but the joke is not on me dear friend because *I* can turn this computer off and POOF you disappear. You're opinion and words are nothing more than debatable, which I love Have a good night!!!
    OMG OMG OMG OK johnnylightnin I thought you were talking to me then I realized who you were and went back to see where this came from and realized you were talking to HIM and taking up for me LOL Oh Lord sorry LOL too funny... disregard this post, PLEASE!!!! Thank you! Put my foot in my mouth yet again... I am too much of a spitfire for my own good!!!

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar

Hey Kappa, you can get happy in the same pants you got mad in. Did a bee crawl up your pants and sting you on the butt or something? Lighten up man and even though she needs no help, no one on this board appreciates your post to Kat.

How about Ed Jackson for the next head coach at La. Tech. He's shown his loyalty to the school over and over again.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kat04
    OMG OMG OMG OK johnnylightnin I thought you were talking to me then I realized who you were and went back to see where this came from and realized you were talking to HIM and taking up for me LOL Oh Lord sorry LOL too funny... disregard this post, PLEASE!!!! Thank you! Put my foot in my mouth yet again... I am too much of a spitfire for my own good!!!
    Yeh Kat, me and Jonny were reading your post and we were quite confused at first. Thanks for the clarification. No harm done, we were definitely talking to that prick, KappaKal

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar

Hang in there Kat. Go Dawgs!!!!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

hahah...no problem kat. i should've clarified. like huss said, no harm done.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

The point is this-- We all know Ed is a "yes" man and don't want to rock the boat. La tech hs never had a minority head coach, off coord/def coord.-- Why is that? Are you saying that there are not any qualified minorities in the US that could not improve this defense?

Ed should be outraged that the position wasn't offered to him. Hell he didn't even get an interview.

****I now see what the kids are saying when they say Ed has no backbone and will not stand up for us. Congrats La Tech--You found a real Uncle tom.
    I think it's almost time to ban Klap the Clown!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    hahah...no problem kat. i should've clarified. like huss said, no harm done.
    Still, sorry LOL I should have read it slower... completely read it wrong!!! Glad I caught on though

Puppy Kappakall isn't thought very highly of around hereKappakall isn't thought very highly of around hereKappakall isn't thought very highly of around hereKappakall isn't thought very highly of around hereKappakall isn't thought very highly of around here

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    I think it's almost time to ban Klap the Clown!

Why ban me? I'm just stating facts... I've known Ed jackson for 25yrs. I've known Dan R for 15yrs. I've known every coach at La Tech for the past 25yrs,
    I've known Drake Mills for 20yrs, I've known Davidson for 22yrs.

Therefore, when I post a message you better open your eyes and ears.

I'm not here to cause trouble to anyone on this board, however when I see good, I will respond in kind, however when things happen at La Tech/Ruston that are not right, i will bring those things to light.

I am not saying that Ed is going around stating that he is not happy with his job, however for him to not be considered the defensive coord is a slap in the face. To the clown that posted that the Asst. Head Coach is a promotion, it very clear he know nothing about Div I college football. No one is promoted because they were a great asst head coach!!!!! You move in College football for 3 reasons.

#1 Being a great recruiter
    #2 Being well respected by fellow coaches and players
    #3 Being a great off/def coord.

******Not for being a great Asst Head Coach

Make it clear, there is only maybe one other person on this board that knows as much as i know about inside La Tech Sports. The rest of you guys are simply fans.

Good Day

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Are you "Dawggonemad" reincarnated??
    Go Tech!

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Make it clear, there is only maybe one other person on this board that knows as much as i know about inside La Tech Sports. The rest of you guys are simply fans.

Good Day
    Kappakall,

No one wants to fight and no one really wants to ban people, I don't think. Just have some self-disipline enough not to call out racial slurs and call people 'Uncle Tom's', please. That belittles the board and makes everyone very defensive, as you already saw. I can't believe that someone who has your connections wouldn't also have the manners to already know that.

Bring us insight, bring us info. and bring us good discussion, as long as it is fair, we will respond in kind. I see you're new to the board and we should be grateful for any new prespective. Welcome aboard, please let's keep it civil.

I have no control over anything on this board, I am just asking as a fellow Tech fan.

Thanks,

DFiH

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Man- this guy is so full of sh%$ that I don't know where to begin. I am curious as to who the "one other person on this board that knows as much as [he] know[s] about inside La Tech Sports."

Maybe we should start a poll as to who knows more than Slappa Kappa.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

If Barry is a 2nd stringer, I'd love to know who the 1st stringers are.

BTW, who is this "Davidson" you've known for 22 years?

You've lived in Ruston that long and gone to church and apparently colleged educated and you don't know it's "Davison"?
    Geez, have another red dot.
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Bulldog veerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around here veerbone's Avatar

To the clown that posted that the Asst. Head Coach is a promotion, it very clear he know nothing about Div I college football. No one is promoted because they were a great asst head coach!!!!! You move in College football for 3 reasons.

#1 Being a great recruiter
    #2 Being well respected by fellow coaches and players
    #3 Being a great off/def coord.

******Not for being a great Asst Head Coach

If being a coordinator were a promotion for Assistant Head Coach, they wouldn't call it Assistant Head Coach, they would call it ASSISTANT COORDINATOR. Assistant Managers at the Waffle House only get a promotion when they become Managers, not if they become waiters or cooks.

Coordinators are a dime a dozen. They may be the only people in America fired more frequently than head coaches.

When Jimmy Johnson named Dave Wannstedt assistant head coach for the Miami Dolphins, do you honestly think the coordinators told Dave Wannstedt what to do? Of course not...Dave Wannstedt designed and ran the defense they had run at Miami when they won the Nat'l Championship and at Dallas when they won the Super Bowls. Jimmy got him that title because 1) he had been with him for years and earned the title 2) He would be the top choice to replace him when he left.

Ed Jackson is the AHC because Tech wants him to hang around. If he's not happy with the amount of authority he's been given, he would have left a long time ago.
    Last edited by veerbone; 05-19-2005 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Fixing stupid mistake...

+ Reply to Thread