+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tech Hall of Fame

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Tech Hall of Fame

I was going through the Hall of Fame on LaTechSports.com, and a thought occurred to me. Why aren't there more Lady Techsters? For instance, Venus Lacy? Is it just me, or should she be there? If I remember correctly, she was a transfer from Old Dominion, but she was also a National Player of the Year and Kodak All-American.

What other players are there?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Tech Hall of Fame

No more TECHSTERS in the Hall of Fame until -

1) Mike Green

2) Mike McConathy

are in the Hall of Fame....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden

1) Mike Green

2) Mike McConathy

I would like to add a third to that list...PJ Brown, and while we are at it, maybe we can find some way to allow him to get his degree.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Yeh no joke. I dont say give it to him like he wants us to. But come one Tech offer an online course every now and then or something. he only has a couple of more classes to get his general studies degree. Tech never wants to meet in the middle or just get into today. Offer some nontrad classes at all that would be nice.

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden

1) Mike Green

2) Mike McConathy

I agree about Mike Green, but you will have to remind me as to what McConathy did while in uniform. I honestly can't remember and I don't have a MBB media guide with me at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg
    I would like to add a third to that list...PJ Brown, and while we are at it, maybe we can find some way to allow him to get his degree.
    PJ Brown is on the list.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 96bulldog
    I agree about Mike Green, but you will have to remind me as to what McConathy did while in uniform. I honestly can't remember and I don't have a MBB media guide with me at the moment.
    From LaTechSports.com

In 1971, Louisiana Tech became a member of the Southland Conference and
    celebrated the inaugural season of the league by picking up the school's
    fifth 20-win season with a 23-3 record.
    Mike Green returned for his senior season in 1972-73 and helped lead the
    Bulldogs to an 18-8 record while averaging a school record 30.9 points
    per game. His efforts that season earned him the AP Player of the Year
    honors and first team All-American status. Green left Louisiana Tech
    having scored 2,340 points, a record that still stands today. The 6-10
    senior, who was chosen by the Seattle Supersonics, was the fourth
    overall player selected in the NBA draft in 1973.
    In 1974, Coach Emmet Hendricks became the ninth coach in school history.
    In his second season, Louisiana Tech claimed its second Southland
    Conference championship behind the leadership of Mike McConathy.
    McConathy was named honorable mention All-American that season and
    finished his career second in points scored with 2,033, behind only
    Green. With a 89-84 win over Arkansas State that season, Louisiana Tech
    picked up the school's 600th victory.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Puppy MuleDog is an unknown

I agree that Venus Lacy should be added to the Tech Hall of Fame, especially since she was on the U.S. Olympic team. Since reading these posts, I went to the Tech Hall of Fame site for the first time. It's a very good site; however, I found a mistake that needs be corrected. There is a picture that is labeled Dr. Harold Smolinsky and it is actually a picture of Dr. Guthrie Jarrell. This is not a big deal, but it does need to be corrected.

Bulldog Jack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Jack Mayhoffer's Avatar

McConathy was an awesome player and remains a better person today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mayhoffer
    McConathy was an awesome player and remains a better person today.
    I completely agree with that! I went to Airline High School while McConathy was the head coach at BPCC. His son was on the AHS basketball team when I kept statistics for the team. So I met and talked with him many times while in high school.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Opie was money every game. Mike Green led Tech to No. 1 in the nation in the small college division. Both deserve to be in the Hall of Fame.

Puppy LT30 has turned a few heads around hereLT30 has turned a few heads around here

I don't recall Mike's son being on the AHS basketball team. His sons played their high school ball at St. Mary's in Natchitoches.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Hell no to venus lacy until Mike Green and Mike McConathy are in.

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future

I completely agree with that! I went to Airline High School while McConathy was the head coach at BPCC. His son was on the AHS basketball team when I kept statistics for the team. So I met and talked with him many times while in high school.

That was his brother Pat. He has two boys and they both played/play for my program.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaSelect
    That was his brother Pat. He has two boys and they both played/play for my program.
    Thanks for calling me on the carpet -- I realized that later in the day and just wasn't able to post until now. I haven't seen Pat since I graduated in 1989. He was a good shooter, too!

+ Reply to Thread