+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Albums in your personal collection -

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Re: Top 5 Albums in your personal collection -

My faves from the '90s:

1. Pearl Jam - Ten
    2. Nirvana - Nevermind
    3. Green Day - Dookie
    4. Stone Temple Pilots - Core & Purple (both fine albums)
    T5. Live - Throwing Copper
    T5. Alice In Chains - Dirt

Favorite all around songs (not on any of my fave albums):

Offspring - Keep 'em separated
    Alice in Chains - No Excuses
    Beck - I'm a Loser

From the '80s

1. Van Halen - 1984
    2. GnR - Appetite
    3. Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet
    4. Van Hagar - 5150
    5. Huey Lewis - Sports/Fore

Favorite all around songs:

Tears for Fears - Everybody wants to rule the world
    Simple Minds - Don't You Forget About Me
    Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky
    Toto - Africa
    The Pretenders - Don't Get me Wrong

The '70s would be far too numerous to try to summarize. So many greats from Journey, Foreigner, Styx, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, Rod Stewart, James Taylor, The Eagles, Doobies, Allman, Cream, Boston............Great Decade for music

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg
    ...Tears for Fears - Everybody wants to rule the world
    Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky
    Toto - Africa
    The Pretenders - Don't Get me Wrong
    "everybody wants to rule the world" is a great song...but i ain't touching toto.

Bulldog DAWGSWIN seems to have something between the earsDAWGSWIN seems to have something between the earsDAWGSWIN seems to have something between the earsDAWGSWIN seems to have something between the earsDAWGSWIN seems to have something between the earsDAWGSWIN seems to have something between the earsDAWGSWIN seems to have something between the ears DAWGSWIN's Avatar

1. The Beatles (The White Album)

2. AC/DC- Back in Black, Practically a greatest hits album

3. George Harrison- All Things Must Pass

4. AC/DC- High Voltage

5. The Rolling Stones- Tattoo You
    Overall, my tastes change often, but these are the core.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Ten-Pearl Jam

Houses of the Holy - LZ

Resevoir Dogs Soundtrack

any Johnny Cash

a little janes addiction , soundgarden , nirvana

Frank Sinatras greatest hits

Some pre-Born in the USA Bruce Springsteen.
    Last edited by Bigdog13; 05-12-2005 at 10:31 PM.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    Here's mine...

U2 - Joshua Tree (the anthem of my life)
    Clash - London Calling (punk's zenith - where the 70s meets the 80s)
    Beatles – Rubber Soul (do I have to pick ONE Beatles record?)
    Pearl Jam – 10 (can anyone under 30 not hear the opening riff from "Alive" without obediently banging your head?)
    Beethoven – Symph. No.9 (still the masterpiece of western civilization)
    Now that I'm home, I think I've got my 5 honorable mentions ...

Beastie Boys - Liscence to Ill (if these guys were any more white, they'd be clear ... still great NYC rap!)
    Cure - Disintegration (if you're not sniffling by the end of "Pictures of You", you are a robot)
    Moby - Play (a brilliant intersection of Delta blues and ambient techno)
    Green Day - Dookie (teenage boys will make sure rock never dies)
    Les Miserables - London cast (if you see only one musical theatre production in your life, let this be it)

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Speaking of road trip albums - there is a song by Molly Hatchet, I want to say off of Molly Hatchet - that is absolutely a great driving song - a very long song over 7 minutes...

But my mind has gone blank and I can't hink of it right now -

Dreams I'll Never See?
    there was a time when EVERY song by a southern rock band was like seven minutes long. Heck, we had to pack two guitar solo's into each song didn't we???

yeah, those were the days, when guitars were used instead of whatever the heck they use now.

FYI,
    did y'all know that Randy from American Idol used to be in Journey??? Blew my socks off when they showed him the other night in his tights.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86
    southern rock band...when guitars were used instead of whatever the heck they use now...
    Drive-By-Truckers. Southern Rock Opera. (Check the anthem about Ronnie Van Zandt, Bear Bryant, and George Wallace...) Learn em, love em, live em. And, yeah, they got three guitars...

Don't know much about American Idol, and never bought a Pearl Jam record, but my 2 cents...

www.kbon.com
    Last edited by turbodawg; 05-13-2005 at 12:52 AM.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

CANNOT BELIEVE we don't have some deadheads show up on here (other than a weak mention by JAY) ! ! ! ! Best Bands, Ever .................

Rolling Stones
    Beatles
    Grateful Dead

jmo

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

not a deadhead, i like casey jones, but i dont care too much for any of their other songs.

i do have 4 oasis albums, so i guess i could fill out my 90's top 5. definitley maybe was a very good album.

if you like 70's music, the two soundtracks from dazed and confused are great, and so is the soundtrack for "that 70's show" on tv.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Champ, seen Les Mis twice off Broadway. It is pretty awesome. I am not going to sit here and act like I am some sort of connoiseur (correct?) of the theatrical production either. But the singing was unbelievable. The one I went to in BR had the original Jean Valjean or however you spell it in the cast. Definitely a must see and the CD is great. Master of the House has to be my favorite song and act in the play. Favorite note would have to be 2460111111111111111 with a note no man should be able to hit. I also liked the sheriff guy's ungodly low note he hits in it. If you want to hear true talent listen to some of these guys and gals.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

George Strait - Pure County
    Alan Jackson - A lot about livin and a little bout love
    Led Zep - (the one with the old man on the cover)
    Elton John - Good bye yellow brick road
    Brooks and Dunn - Brand new man
    Go Tech!

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Bruce Springsteen : born to run

Jimmy Buffett : Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays

Jerry Jeff Walker : Viva Terlingua

Ray Charles : Genius Loves Company

Eagles: Greatest Hits '71-'75

New CD that is one of my new favorites: Big & Rich:Horse of a Different Color (I even had HD lisening to it when he came to houston recently)

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86
    there was a time when EVERY song by a southern rock band was like seven minutes long. Heck, we had to pack two guitar solo's into each song didn't we???

yeah, those were the days, when guitars were used instead of whatever the heck they use now.
    Off the thread subject but applies to Choudawg86 comments...

Outlaws: Green Grass and High Tides

Skynard: Live version of Freebird - 12+ minutes of ectasy

Where did our time go?????

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

And now back to thread subject...

Alltime favorite secular albums (in no particular order):

Blue Oyster Cult (BOC, Tyranny And Mutation, Secret Treaties - choose 1)
    Rush 2112
    AC/DC - Back in Black
    Pink Floyd - The Wall
    Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV (Makes me want to buy a Caddy!)
    Van Halen - Van Halen (1st album)
    Skynard - Anything up through Gold & Platinum
    Outlaws - Hurry Sundown

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

No ZZ Top, MoTown or Merle Haggard? Did I miss those?

Most folks don't have this one and Cartek is probably all over it, but.......

JJ Cale "Naturally"

+ Reply to Thread