+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bulldogs Look for Split Against ULM

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Baseball Bulldogs Look for Split Against ULM

RUSTON, La. – It won’t be just a normal mid-week game when Louisiana Tech and Louisiana-Monroe meet for the second time of the season on Tuesday at Indian Field.

The Bulldogs and Indians will send their respective aces to the mound for the contest.

Tech’s Ryan Rupert (3-4, 3.91 ERA) and ULM’s Matt Green (9-2, 2.50 ERA) will square off in the game looking for the win.

First pitch is slated for 6:30 p.m. with live state to be available at www.latechsports.com.

The Bulldogs are coming off a seven-day break between games, last playing a week ago in a 3-2 loss at Northwestern State.

ULM dropped two of three games against Sam Houston State over the weekend but the Indians were able to come out of the weekend series with an 8-7 win on Sunday in 11 innings.

Brandon Haygood and Ryan Hamilton continue to lead Tech at the plate with both players sporting lengthy hitting streaks entering the contest.

Haygood has hit in 11-straight while Hamilton is on an eight game hitting streak after collecting hits in 22 straight games earlier in the season.

Hamilton has now posted hits in 32 of Tech’s last 34 games.

Haygood is moving quickly up in the record books at Tech as he closes his Bulldog career. The senior needs two doubles to tie the Tech single season record of 20. The Bossier City native has also moved into the top ten in career hits (206), doubles (44) and games played (202).

Tech will be looking for season split with the Indians after ULM rallied for 7-6 win over Tech on April 26th in Ruston.

The Indians scored three runs in the top of the ninth inning to ease past the Bulldogs.

After Tuesday’s game, Tech will make its final road trip of the season to take on Fresno State this weekend before closing the season against Hawaii at home May 27-29.

http://www.latechsports.com/article....05_16_15:59:39

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Re: Bulldogs Look for Split Against ULM

I gotta be honest. I don't follow baseball the way I follow the other sports, but I see much optimism on this board.

Looking at our record, however, it appears we will be lucky to equal our wins from last year. How can everyone be so certain we are moving in the right direction?

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow
    I gotta be honest. I don't follow baseball the way I follow the other sports, but I see much optimism on this board.

Looking at our record, however, it appears we will be lucky to equal our wins from last year. How can everyone be so certain we are moving in the right direction?
    Very good question as it deserves an honest opinion. Obviously, I am one of Simoneaux's biggest supporters, as I am of any head coach. I believe we have a jewel in the rough as a head coach. I know his system of baseball and know what he expects and demands of players. I think he can is currently building a program in Ruston. To see if we are better than last year, well... We have lost more close games this year. By no means is that something to be proud of. We were blown out alot last year. We have been blown out just a few times this year. In most of our 1 run and 2 run losses, it has been attributed to one bad inning. I think we are just a few quality players away from being a good ball club. If we get a few this year, then next year, that makes us being pretty damn good in 2 years. Simoneaux is very successful. He will be a winner. We need to go .500 next year and I think we will. Of course, we won't be playing Rice either for 6 games. We will be ok. His players respect him and have bought into his aggressive style of baseball. If they don't he tells them to carry their a$$. As a manager should do w/ his employees. Next year will be the third year into his system.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Puppy Ichabod has turned a few heads around hereIchabod has turned a few heads around here

It is still early enough in Simoneaux's tenure to look beyond the wins and losses. The optimists see that this year's losses are closer than last year's, especially having eliminated the Sunday blowouts from last year. There is the strenghth of schedule, which I think had Tech's in the top ten difficult schedules in the country. There are the attempts at making the games more fan-friendly, with game-day promotions and 50-50 raffles, and fun jumps for the kids. There is still weeding of the old and bringing in the new, with a very promising recruiting class on the horizon. There is the coach who instills discipline and moral character so that once baseball is over for these young men they are prepared for life. There are the players, ever-present at schools and community events, not only representing the team but the university. And if they don't represent them well, they "part company." There are the assistant coaches, Rountree, Andermann, and White, completely loyal in their commitment to helping maximize the potential of Tech baseball.

Building a team is a process that takes longer than a couple of years, especially when there is a total revamping of a program. It is much more difficult to resurrect a dying program than to take over one that is at the very least marginal.

Some say building a facility might detract from building a team, but it is SO important to the recruiting process. A well-manicured field and snazzy stadium mean that the school and coaches are committed to developing and maintaining a quality program. As a recruit, would you accept less than that?

It isn't easy to convince high school players to choose Tech and Ruston over big, fun cities with great athletic tradition. Building a facility and a program WILL result in success. Coach Simoneaux knows he HAS to win. More importantly, he knows HOW to win. And once he has four years of players on board who live and breathe baseball like he does, Tech baseball will be on its way.

Trust the optimistic baseball fans on this board. They know what they are talking about.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow

We have improved greatly in the quality of players, arms and overall talent from last year despite injuries to our entire weekend rotation throughout the year, where there is not a lot of depth. We have been much more competitive despite the injuries this year and could have 7-8 more wins w/o injuries and a couple of breaks, or timely hits.

Ryan Hamilton is one of the top players in the WAC and will be back next year along with our top pitcher, Rupert and many of the quality bullpen arms, not ot mention a stellar recruiting class of incoming FR and JC players, many of which are also quality arms, our biggest need.

All of this and I haven't even mentioned the fact that Coach Sim is the main reason for the optimism. Apparently you haven't met him or had a conversation with him or you would believe also that we are on the right track. Trust me there is much to be excited about.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    All of this and I haven't even mentioned the fact that Coach Sim is the main reason for the optimism. Apparently you haven't met him or had a conversation with him or you would believe also that we are on the right track. Trust me there is much to be excited about.
    You are correct. I have not met him.

I have nothing to go by except for the W's and L's, which in this case are apparently misleading.

Thanks for the responses.

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Baseball Re: Bulldogs Look for Split Against ULM

If you need an incentive to go to this baseball game they will be selling hot dogs for 50 cents. Also, you can get in half price with a dog food donation. Go Dawgs!

Puppy rowanoak2 is on the way downrowanoak2 is on the way down

Didn't get the split and the Tribe swept the puppies right out of town with a 11-4 blow out.

+ Reply to Thread