+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Way to go Bush Administration, Army

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Way to go Bush Administration, Army

They lied for the election, plain and simple.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2066326

Updated: May 23, 2005, 3:04 PM ET
    Tillman's parents rip Army in separate interviews

Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- The family of former NFL player Pat Tillman says the Army disrespected his memory by lying in its investigation of his death in Afghanistan last year.

In interviews with The Washington Post, the Army Ranger's mother and father said they believe the military and the government created a heroic tale about how their son died to foster a patriotic response across the country.

They purposely interfered with the investigation, they covered it up. I think they thought they could control it, and they realized that their recruiting efforts were going to go to hell in a handbasket if the truth about his death got out. They blew up their poster boy. Patrick Tillman Sr.

"Pat had high ideals about the country; that's why he did what he did," Mary Tillman told the Post. "The military let him down. The administration let him down. It was a sign of disrespect. The fact that he was the ultimate team player and he watched his own men kill him is absolutely heartbreaking and tragic. The fact that they lied about it afterward is disgusting."

Tillman, a player for the Arizona Cardinals, left the NFL after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks to join the Rangers with his brother. After a tour in Iraq, they were sent to Afghanistan in 2004 to help hunt for the Taliban and Osama bin Laden.

Shortly after arriving in the mountains to fight, Tillman was killed in a barrage of gunfire from his own men, mistaken for the enemy as he got into position to defend them.

After a public memorial service, at which Tillman received the Silver Star, the Army told Tillman's family what had really happened.

The separate interviews with Tillman's parents, who are divorced, appeared on the Post's Internet site for Monday's editions.

Patrick Tillman Sr., a lawyer, told the Post he is furious about a "botched homicide investigation" and blames high-ranking Army officers for presenting "outright lies" to the family and to the public.

"After it happened, all the people in positions of authority went out of their way to script this," the father said. "They purposely interfered with the investigation, they covered it up. I think they thought they could control it, and they realized that their recruiting efforts were going to go to hell in a handbasket if the truth about his death got out. They blew up their poster boy."

"In the case of the death of Corporal Patrick Tillman, the Army made mistakes in reporting the circumstances of his death to the family," Brig. Gen. Vincent K. Brooks told the Post. "For these, we apologize. We cannot undo those early mistakes."

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Re: Way to go Bush Administration, Army

There could be some fallout from this.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

So what does this have to do with the Bush administration again? I guess Bush told members of the military to lie about his death to spur the patriotic movement. I think what happened was very wrong and I was in the military for 8 years, but can we move on from blaming Bush about everything that happens in this country.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Nothing in that article implies Bush and the election. All it implies is that the Army lied to help recruiting efforts, anything up and beyong that is pure speculation. It is very tragic and I am sure that puss from Maryland or wherever who said Tillman wasnt a hero will definitely say it again. They should have told the truth from the start, but to pin it on Bush is Bs and you know it.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    Nothing in that article implies Bush and the election. All it implies is that the Army lied to help recruiting efforts, anything up and beyong that is pure speculation. It is very tragic and I am sure that puss from Maryland or wherever who said Tillman wasnt a hero will definitely say it again. They should have told the truth from the start, but to pin it on Bush is Bs and you know it.
    I doubt that GWBush is that involved in any day-to-day political decisions that are made. He leaves that Karl Rove and others to deal with. That way he can honest say that he didn't know anything about it. However, if there was any political instructions to the Army regarding Tillman and friendly fire there is going to be snooping around.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Thanks for the update Satly, I can always count on you to state the obvious that everybody knows, except for the Karl Rove thing. I didnt say that wouldnt happen, but Alta is acting like you can draw out fo that article that it is Bushs fault. Nobody implicated him or the election. It is all speculation. Of course, that is what most everybody is good at because it is much easier than finiding facts, such as the Karl Rove thing. Does he help GW make decisions? Well, like most advisors probably so. But he doesnt run the WH, no matter what any speculating left winger thinks so.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Love getting the Bushies fired up! Im typing and Bush just came on TV to lie, I mean speak. TV now off. Bring on the red dots!! Hey, we are all entitled to our opinion, right?

Here is my opinion. Rumsfield, and possibly even Cheney and Bush, KNEW what happened within days of the tragedy. At that point, a cover-up was ordered by the Bush administration until after the inaguration to help with recruiting and possibly even the election.

I didnt say the cover-up was orchestrated by Bush, I said the Bush Administration. Whether Bush knew about it doesnt matter because we will never know. They are not stupid enough to leave that trail, of course.

How do I know this is fact? I dont, of course. But being the son of a man who has been in the ARMY as an officer/Exec.Civil Service for over 40 years, and the son of a woman who worked in the Pentagon for 20 years under the Army Chief of Staff, I can take a MUCH BETTER GUESS at it than most of you.

You would be surprised at how little most of you know about how it all REALLY works up on the Potomac.

Well, spew your unending knowledge on us alta. All of your opinions amount to not mcuh because I cant even debate what your mom and dad do. I will jsut have to take your word. Hey, I signed the red dot man, so I faced up. You can speculate and pour out your Liberal Times articles but they dont mean much to me unless they have some proof and nobody has even mentioned Bush's name in this article; therefore, your opinion is just based on what you think was done with no backing.

By the way, I am not a Bushie. I am smart enough to draw my own conclusions about things. Did I vote for him? Yes, but look at the alternative. Is he Ronald Reagan? No, not by any means. But to blame him for every wrong committed is just a slippery slope. It is like blaming Clinton for bin Laden. Did he have a chance to get him? Yes. IS it Clinton's fault that such extremism is fostered in othe countries? No, to speculate that it is Clinton's fault because he didnt crack down on terrorists is absurd. Speculation without any facts doesnt mean much. Does that mean we are kept in the dark sometimes because some facts never come to light? Yes, but not everything is a conspiracy theory like you make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    Thanks for the update Satly, I can always count on you to state the obvious that everybody knows, except for the Karl Rove thing. I didnt say that wouldnt happen, but Alta is acting like you can draw out fo that article that it is Bushs fault. Nobody implicated him or the election. It is all speculation. Of course, that is what most everybody is good at because it is much easier than finiding facts, such as the Karl Rove thing. Does he help GW make decisions? Well, like most advisors probably so. But he doesnt run the WH, no matter what any speculating left winger thinks so.
    DH, how would you know how it really works in the WH? You really think the POTUS has time to know what his underlings are doing, much less direct the many Departments of the Gov't?

Anyway, your sarcastic remark is noted.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

The buck stops with Bush. If it happened, he needs to address it.

I'm not concerned about cover-ups. I'm concerned that someone found out.

But do you know Salty? Unless an insider gets on here and tells me something, i am not listening to two guys who claim to know stuff because you fought in a war or your parents were in the government. Unless, you are an aide in the WH or something, you are just speculating and that is fine. But dont expect me to take your judgements seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    The buck stops with Bush. If it happened, he needs to address it.

I'm not concerned about cover-ups. I'm concerned that someone found out.
    I will agree with that.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

I hope if I were in Tillman Sr's position I'd have more dignity and grace. He pales in comparison to the mark set by his son.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    I hope if I were in Tillman Sr's position I'd have more dignity and grace. He pales in comparison to the mark set by his son.
    That is a fact. I guess we should cut them some slack though- I can not even imagine the pain of losing a child. I certainly pray I never find out. Maybe grief is doing the talking right now.

+ Reply to Thread