+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Way to go Bush Administration, Army

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Re: Way to go Bush Administration, Army

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    How do I know this is fact? I dont, of course. But being the son of a man who has been in the ARMY as an officer/Exec.Civil Service for over 40 years, and the son of a woman who worked in the Pentagon for 20 years under the Army Chief of Staff, I can take a MUCH BETTER GUESS at it than most of you.

You would be surprised at how little most of you know about how it all REALLY works up on the Potomac.
    Your star is dimming quickly with me. How arrogant of you to say you know more about stuff than the rest of us regular American folks!!

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

I know the way it works.

What the government doesn't want you to know, you don't know about, what they do they give to the frivolous trolls at Fox or CNN.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    I know the way it works.

What the government doesn't want you to know, you don't know about, what they do they give to the frivolous trolls at Fox or CNN.
    How could you possibly know anything? Are you Alta's brother? I hear he's got the monopoly on political knowledge. You're probably like the rest of us, we just think we know. I know you've got PERSONAL MILITARY EXPERIENCE, but come on, Alta knows. What mom and pop didn't tell him, he picked up from reruns of Real Time and Politically Incorrect.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    I know the way it works.

No you dont

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    No you dont
    You take my seriousness too seriously.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Yeh I know. I was just messing around. I get your point though. You only hear what they want you to hear.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

i heard this story on npr about 2 or 3 weeks ago. i would like to see someone in the upper-levels of the military take responsibility for this, but to say that they did this for the election is ridiculous...how is dying in battle from friendly fire any different from dying from the enemies bullets. it wouldn't have changed my opinion of tilman or the army...and it most certainly would not have influenced my vote.

My guess is that they wanted it to be more glorious to lure more people in. I dont think it had anything to do with the election. People die in friendly fire, it happens. How would that affect the election? It should not affect the Army recruitment either but I guess they thought it might because Tillman was so visible to the public. It is not a logical connection to the election at all.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

My middle brother who is a MAjor in the JAG with the Marines says that "friendly fire" incidents are more frequent than most people realize -

He said that history shows that "friendly fire" accidents may have resulted in 1/10th of all American casualties in WWII resulting from fire fights - right know it has dropped to about 1/50th -

Live ammo, close quarters, adrenaline and scared out of your boots tends to lead to accidents -

My question is - if this wasn't Pat Tillman - would it have mattered to the left?

If it had been a Joe Smith from Arkadelphia who was a 19 year old PFC who joined the Rangers because he just wanted to and worked as a grocery sacker at the Piggly Wiggly, not an NFL DB for the Arizona Cardinals -

We would have never heard of it - and I guarantee you IT HAS HAPPENED and it WILL HAPPEN again - unfortunately, it is a price of war and thank God someone is willing to pay it...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    My middle brother who is a MAjor in the JAG with the Marines says that "friendly fire" incidents are more frequent than most people realize -

He said that history shows that "friendly fire" accidents may have resulted in 1/10th of all American casualties in WWII resulting from fire fights - right know it has dropped to about 1/50th -

Live ammo, close quarters, adrenaline and scared out of your boots tends to lead to accidents -

My question is - if this wasn't Pat Tillman - would it have mattered to the left?

If it had been a Joe Smith from Arkadelphia who was a 19 year old PFC who joined the Rangers because he just wanted to and worked as a grocery sacker at the Piggly Wiggly, not an NFL DB for the Arizona Cardinals -

We would have never heard of it - and I guarantee you IT HAS HAPPENED and it WILL HAPPEN again - unfortunately, it is a price of war and thank God someone is willing to pay it...
    The point is: it WAS Tillman. Probably that Arkie PFC would have received a more through investigation and the soldiers involved greater disciplinary action. It appears that since Tillman was such a poster boy for the Army that chain of command kicked it upstairs.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Also, most of the friendy fire incidents are not accidents but rather a result of negligence.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg
    The point is: it WAS Tillman. Probably that Arkie PFC would have received a more through investigation and the soldiers involved greater disciplinary action. It appears that since Tillman was such a poster boy for the Army that chain of command kicked it upstairs.
    If it wasn't Tillman you would have never heard about it at all. There probably would not even have been an investigation of any merit.

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar

Oh who cares anyway. The point is that he gave up millions to fight for a cause he believed in. None of that changes. It's just more political crap on both sides that is covering the true message. It doesn't matter if he was killed by them or us; it doesn't matter if someone lied about how or who; the point still remains that he is a role-model and a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    If it wasn't Tillman you would have never heard about it at all. There probably would not even have been an investigation of any merit.
    Believe me, any friendly fire incident is given a complete investigation by the Army. In today's Army, smoking in the latrine would probably warrant an investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by bjude64
    Oh who cares anyway. The point is that he gave up millions to fight for a cause he believed in. None of that changes. It's just more political crap on both sides that is covering the true message. It doesn't matter if he was killed by them or us; it doesn't matter if someone lied about how or who; the point still remains that he is a role-model and a hero.
    Absolutely. Anybody who joins the Army is a hero in my book.

+ Reply to Thread