RUSTON - Louisiana Tech head coach Jen Soileau's first Lady Techster recruiting class has received some pretty good marks from soccerbuzz.com, an internet website that keeps up with collegiate and high school soccer.

Soileau and assistant coach Rich Stoneman signed 14 high school seniors and added a college transfer and will welcome them to campus this fall as they prepare for the second year of Lady Techster soccer.

According to soccerbuzz.com, Tech's 2005 recruiting class is the fifth best in the Western Athletic Conference, trailing only Nevada, Fresno State, Hawaii and San Jose State.

"In just its second season, Louisiana Tech quickly signed a class that is better than several … other WAC teams," states the website.

Soileau said only three players will return from Louisiana Tech's inaugural team that posted a 0-10-2 mark during the 2004 season.

"We're excited about our class," Soileau said. "Last year was a learning experience for all of us, and I appreciate what those players had to go through in this program's first year. I'm extremely excited about the future of this program, and I think this year's class is a huge step in the right direction."

Louisiana Tech will open the 2005 season Aug. 26th at Northwestern State. Twelve of the Lady Techsters 20 games will be in Ruston with the majority of those set to be played at Joe Aillet Stadium.

http://www.latechsports.com/article....05_27_09:14:37