+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Full Size Bulldog Helmet

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

Full Size Bulldog Helmet

Does anyone know how or where to get a full size Bulldog helmet. I have the mini one, but I would like a full size one. I have e-mailed Ronny Walker, but I did not get a response. I would appreciation any suggestions. Thanks.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Re: Full Size Bulldog Helmet

Quote Originally Posted by Beaz17
    Does anyone know how or where to get a full size Bulldog helmet. I have the mini one, but I would like a full size one. I have e-mailed Ronny Walker, but I did not get a response. I would appreciation any suggestions. Thanks.
    Beaz,

I see you live in Houston. Please come to our Champs meeting next Thursday evening and you will have the opportunity to ask Jim Oakes in person about a helmet. Just from my own experience of running a kid's football league, those things have to be retired after three years, or there abouts, and Tech should have some to sell every year. They could be scared up, unless you get one from the defense, which never hits any body any way.............just joking, guys!

Please come to our meeting, it is at 6 pm at Champs Americana resturant located at the Uptown Center at the corner of I-610 and Post Oak Blvd.

See you there.

DFiH

Bulldog LaTech1 is an unknown

Definately come to the Houston Champs meeting. There should be full sets of schedule cards available there. I'm definately going.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Back when I was working in the Epuipment Room, we were selling the helmets that were no longer able to be used, but I haven't heard of any being sold since about 2001. If JO doesn't have an idea on how to sell them, tell him that they were being sold through the gift shop at the TAC and through the Equipment Room when Louis van Hoose was the head Equipment Manager.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

If that doesn't work, if you can find a helmet that just plain red, I was able to buy some Tech helmet stickers off eBay. At that time I had a Tech red car, and i was going to place that.. but that damn tree that got in my cars way decided that i didn't want to use those stickers. I don't know why trees are so close to the road anyways.. hehe :cŪ

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Some times it is amazing what isn't getting done.

Some people want new-looking helmets to go in their shiny offices but others want game-used helmets that fit in any space because of their authenticity. Of course, some players may never get theirs damaged at all and use the same stickers for four years!

They ought to be on sale on Ronnie's team shop Web site.

And it is unimaginable that real used helmets and other team things aren't taken to every speaking engagement by athletic director, coaches, etc. Something as a door prize and rest to sell at silent auction or whatever.

Our athletic officials should want to make sure jerseys, helmets, and assorted other used equipment can be seen in homes and offices all over America!

Every Tech grad playing pickup sports or league softball or basketball or whatever regardless of where he lives should be wearing something from Tech!

And on those occasions when a tie is in order, the standard tie pin should be a Bulldog Pride Pin!
    Plenty are available. See below!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Some times it is amazing what isn't getting done.

Some people want new-looking helmets to go in their shiny offices but others want game-used helmets that fit in any space because of their authenticity. Of course, some players may never get theirs damaged at all and use the same stickers for four years!

They ought to be on sale on Ronnie's team shop Web site.

And it is unimaginable that real used helmets and other team things aren't taken to every speaking engagement by athletic director, coaches, etc. Something as a door prize and rest to sell at silent auction or whatever.

Our athletic officials should want to make sure jerseys, helmets, and assorted other used equipment can be seen in homes and offices all over America!

Every Tech grad playing pickup sports or league softball or basketball or whatever regardless of where he lives should be wearing something from Tech!

And on those occasions when a tie is in order, the standard tie pin should be a Bulldog Pride Pin!
    Plenty are available. See below!
    Since 1996, I have attended the "WAC Celebration" (formerly the Willie Roaf) Golf Tournament, Silent Auction and kickoff banquet in Shreveport (which was formerly held in Homer) every June. And every year, I asked the Tech folks why on earth they weren't selling authentic game helmets and football Jersey's at these events. A Tim Rattay helmet would have brought a fortune. So would have a Troy Edwards helmet.

I finally coaxed Jim Oakes and Ronnie Walker into selling me a Luke McCown game jersey "replica" when Luke was a senior.

HD

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

The "pat" answer they will tell you is that it can't be sold because it is state property -

However, there are ways around that -

The easiest, safest and most economical is this -

When the equipment or uniforms become outdated or antiquated all TECH has to do is declare them "surplus property" and place the "lot" or "lots" up for bid -

Which is done by advertising for X number of business days in the RDL -

The athletic department then takes sealed bids and awards the "lot" to the highest bidder - which should be the FOUNDATION's team shop -

The Foundation then sales the goods through the team shop and via the internet and all of us are happy and the Athletic department has another revenue stream -

Like I've said a 100 times before - this isn't rocket science or brain surgery - all it takes is a "little" common business sense and the common "working" knowledge of the LA Revised Statutes -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique

Terry Bradshaw was in Memphis playing in the pro/am for the FedEx/St. Jude golf tournament and had on a black and orange shirt ala Cincy Bengals.

No excuse for him not sporting the TECH red and blue especially in a CUSA town!

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    Terry Bradshaw was in Memphis playing in the pro/am for the FedEx/St. Jude golf tournament and had on a black and orange shirt ala Cincy Bengals.

No excuse for him not sporting the TECH red and blue especially in a CUSA town!
    Maybe so, but I recall watching the NFL pregame shows numerous occasions where he has mentioned Tech doing something on Saturday and it is usually something very positive. I really don't think him wearing a Tech shirt will get us in CUSA, but money will along with some capital athletic improvements.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    I really don't think him wearing a Tech shirt will get us in CUSA, but money will along with some capital athletic improvements.
    No shit. But all publicity is good.

Big Dog MonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    The "pat" answer they will tell you is that it can't be sold because it is state property -

However, there are ways around that -

The easiest, safest and most economical is this -

When the equipment or uniforms become outdated or antiquated all TECH has to do is declare them "surplus property" and place the "lot" or "lots" up for bid -

Which is done by advertising for X number of business days in the RDL -

The athletic department then takes sealed bids and awards the "lot" to the highest bidder - which should be the FOUNDATION's team shop -

The Foundation then sales the goods through the team shop and via the internet and all of us are happy and the Athletic department has another revenue stream -

Like I've said a 100 times before - this isn't rocket science or brain surgery - all it takes is a "little" common business sense and the common "working" knowledge of the LA Revised Statutes -
    LSU sells the previous year's helmets every year at fan day in August. Then the ones that don't sell remain for sale in the gift shop throughout the year. I got one in 2001 for $175. Tech could probably raise quite a bit of money by doing this.

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

I have one. Send me a private message and lets see if I can help you out.

+ Reply to Thread