+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question about 2004 class

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Re: Question about 2004 class

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14
    ALTA-there is one thing that I am dead sure of as regards the conditioning of our players. When Yancey McKnight hands the team over to our coaches on Aug. 10, the ones who have been here this summer (about 60-70) will be in great physical condition. This will include practically every one of our players who are penciled in to start.
    Good to hear! Dig deep Dawgs. Every extra wind sprint, every extra mile, every extra repetition in the weightroom could mean an extra win! An upset of a ranked team.. A BOWL GAME!

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    Good to hear! Dig deep Dawgs. Every extra wind sprint, every extra mile, every extra repetition in the weightroom could mean an extra win! An upset of a ranked team.. A BOWL GAME!
    You need to be coaching the dawgs, baby!!!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88
    You need to be coaching the dawgs, baby!!!
    Well.... maybe head cheerleader. hehe, just pickin Alta

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Barry looks like he's ready to sack Zabransky a couple times this year, eh? heh heh.

We're gonna rock the Broncos this year, I can't wait.

By the way, I talked to a guy supposed to be another linebacker for Tech but his grades are bad, so he's trying to get them up at summer school down here at LSU supposedly... his name is James Lott. He asked me who my fav. player was and of course I said Barry. He seemed like a nice fellow. It was good to talk to a Tech person sitting at my crappy LSU job, lol. Kat, do you know him?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kat04
    He isn't 6-3 lol... They have had that on everything since he signed before he even came here. He was actually 240 in Junior College and I suppose Tech used that weight (???). He was around 220 when he got to Tech and right now he's about 6-1 I believe and weighed in last week at 232. He is trying to gain up to about 240 in the next couple of months so he will be prepared to lose 5 or so pounds once they start 2-a-days If this picture comes out in the post, this is Barry and Sammie Collins (DL) from last weekend. I think Sammie is about 6-3, not sure of his weight.
    <inserting the picture didn't work, so I put it as an attachment lol>

Kat
    Thanks for the confirmation, Kat.

Personally, I think Barry Robertson is poised to have a "breakout" year in 2005. He knows the Tech systems now and I think the Div 1A "experience" he gained last year will be very valuable to him this fall.

I look forward to watching Barry stuff those 2 overrated RB's from UNT at homecoming on October 22nd. hehehehehe! It will quickly be obvious to both RB's that they aren't playing against a lowly Sunbelt team when they meet "Barry the Basher" up close and personal.

HD

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Barry the Basher... I like it. haha

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

HD-please don't forget Brannon Jackson (250), Byron Santiago (231), & Jeremy Hamilton (212) in the "mashing" category. And, add the "alternates" in as well; Quinn Harris (226), Quincy Hicks (222), Anthony Crosby (235), @ Jason Anthony (236). For good measure; Greg Hollins (247), Terrence Alexander (223), Matt Butler (213), Thad Williams (226), & Nolan Darby (220). ALL LB's looking for some foreign object to MASH!

North Texas better find some passing game because their two "wonder" backs are goin' down. I hear Kansas has passing trouble as well. This could play to our advantage.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

HD-please don't forget Brannon Jackson (250), Byron Santiago (231), & Jeremy Hamilton (212) in the "mashing" category. And, add the "alternates" in as well; Quinn Harris (226), Quincy Hicks (222), Anthony Crosby (235), @ Jason Anthony (236). For good measure; Greg Hollins (247), Terrence Alexander (223), Matt Butler (213), Thad Williams (226), & Nolan Darby (220). ALL LB's looking for some foreign object to MASH!
    Yep.....as far as I'm concerned Barry, Brannon, and Byron are the BASH BROTHERS for 2005.

Jeremy "THE HAMMER" Hamilton will also be fun to watch.

HD

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Did Brannon Jackson put on about 30 lbs since high school? It seems like I remember him weighing about 220 before he came to Tech. He was one of our most premier recruits that season.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Brannon Jackson is 250? Thats a big LB. This could really be the best LB corp in a long , long time. Whats also so great is even with the graduation of the 3 studs this year we should be set for several more years at LB. I have to give the coaches credit for once. We went to that 3-4 and the coaches brought some major league talent in here at LB. Good job guys!

It also pumps me up that when we are that deep at a position like LB it means our special teams should have some talent running up and down the field.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

BD13-Brannon Jackson IS a legit 250 lbs. & also one of our STRONGEST LB's with his most recent (May) testing on the 3 lifts (bench, power clean, squat) totaling 1180 lbs. I must confess to you that I have no idea where the coaches plan on lining up Chad Beverage--it just seems to me with a youngster his size that he would be perfect as an outside LB in the 3-4. But, that's just me.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

I must confess to you that I have no idea where the coaches plan on lining up Chad Beverage--it just seems to me with a youngster his size that he would be perfect as an outside LB in the 3-4. But, that's just me.
    Is he good enough to become kinda like a Roy Williams, John Lynch, Adam Archuleta type of Safety that comes in the box and kills the run? It's almost a blitzing safety, 3 - 5 Defense if you think about it. What is the depth of our Safety's anyways?

Doc-I have no clue how good Beverage is having never seen him play. Safety is a spot with a whole lot of unknowns for us right now. Dez Abrams seems to be our best prospect @ safety. We moved Delone Williams to safety the last two weeks to get a look-don't know how that worked. Alton Bryant, a senior who came to us as a WR, will get a long look at a starting job along with Keeven Moore, a JC guy who made a good impression this past spring. Sandy Ray Collins & Bo Cox are two more JUCO's trying to make a name for themselves at safety & Brett Naquin, a PROP who everyone agrees is a great athlete, will be making his first appearance on the practice field in August. Needless to say, we really need two or three of these guys to step up & do the job for us at safety.

Varsity Bulldog Kat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the ears Kat04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7
    Barry looks like he's ready to sack Zabransky a couple times this year, eh? heh heh.

We're gonna rock the Broncos this year, I can't wait.

By the way, I talked to a guy supposed to be another linebacker for Tech but his grades are bad, so he's trying to get them up at summer school down here at LSU supposedly... his name is James Lott. He asked me who my fav. player was and of course I said Barry. He seemed like a nice fellow. It was good to talk to a Tech person sitting at my crappy LSU job, lol. Kat, do you know him?
    No I can't say that I have heard of him... hopefully he can get his grades in order

+ Reply to Thread