+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about 2004 class

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Re: Question about 2004 class

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Hey Mick.....is Barry Robertson really 6-3, 240 lbs??? He looks smaller than that to me.

I'm not trying to raise a stink.....but I remember Robertson getting blown off the line of scrimmage a few times last year (in one game in particular). He just seemed smaller than 6-3, 240. And before anyone sends "overprotective" posts, let me just say that I AGREE that Robertson will probably be a fine linebacker for us this year ...but I was just wondering if his "size" has been exxagerated.

HD
    I agree. Not trying to cause trouble but I'd say he goes a shade under 6-2. Hes solid, though, probably 230-235.

All of our linebackers seem to be listed an inch taller than they really are. ALL of them.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Alta, you & HD are right; prior to spring training, Barry measured at 6'.75" (6' three-quarters of an inch-I wanted to get it right) & weighed 222. He is PLENTY big enough to play LB for the DAWGS & PLENTY good enough! I would say his outstanding assets are his instincts & quickness. He did not test well in the various strength tests & please do not take this as being critical. The fact is that most JUCO players come to us lacking in strength because they have been in poor strength programs.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

The following is a list of 2005 signees & 2004 PROPS that will be reporting for their first ever AUGUST practices with us:

OFFENSE:

QB-Mike Mosley; Nick Worzel
    RB-Patrick Jackson; Weldon Brown (maybe a DB); Josh Lewis
    TE-Anthony Harrison; Dustin Mitchell
    WR-Brian Jackson; Josh Wheeler; Shawn Simmons
    OL-Dwight Alexander

DEFENSE:

DL-Mark Cassimere (DE); Chris Guient DL)
    LB-Chad Beverage; Jason Anthony (JUCO-here in spring training); Leanard Powell; Mike Washington; Brian White; Tim Reddick (PROP-2004)
    DB-Sandy Ray Collins (JUCO-here in spring training); Keeven Moore (JUCO-here in spring training); Marquis Spurgon (JUCO-here in spring training); Melvin Ellis (JUCO); Anthony Moss (JUCO); Brett Naquin (PROP-2004)

2005 signees who are PROPS-Kendrick Ussin (ATH); David Washington (DL)

It is ALWAYS exciting to me to see these brand new players infused with the veterans when August camp begins! Cannot wait!!

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar

Thumbs Up Re: Question about 2004 class

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14
    ... It is ALWAYS exciting to me to see these brand new players infused with the veterans when August camp begins! Cannot wait!!
    Me too, coach! I don't know yet what we're going to do the whole month of September (we may go up to the Kansas game, but not the Miami one). I guess I'll just have to be satisfied watching a whole lot of practice. Looks like we are going to have a whole stable of capable horses. Just need to get it all together at the same time!!!!

TD
    ~~

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14
    The following is a list of 2005 signees & 2004 PROPS that will be reporting for their first ever AUGUST practices with us:

OFFENSE:

QB-Mike Mosley; Nick Worzel
    RB-Patrick Jackson; Weldon Brown (maybe a DB); Josh Lewis
    TE-Anthony Harrison; Dustin Mitchell
    WR-Brian Jackson; Josh Wheeler; Shawn Simmons
    OL-Dwight Alexander

DEFENSE:

DL-Mark Cassimere (DE); Chris Guient DL)
    LB-Chad Beverage; Jason Anthony (JUCO-here in spring training); Leanard Powell; Mike Washington; Brian White; Tim Reddick (PROP-2004)
    DB-Sandy Ray Collins (JUCO-here in spring training); Keeven Moore (JUCO-here in spring training); Marquis Spurgon (JUCO-here in spring training); Melvin Ellis (JUCO); Anthony Moss (JUCO); Brett Naquin (PROP-2004)

2005 signees who are PROPS-Kendrick Ussin (ATH); David Washington (DL)

It is ALWAYS exciting to me to see these brand new players infused with the veterans when August camp begins! Cannot wait!!
    Mick,

I know it is early but , is Beverage even being considered at Safety or was he recruited strictly to be a LB?

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13
    Mick,

I know it is early but , is Beverage even being considered at Safety or was he recruited strictly to be a LB?
    My thoughts exactly! Honestly, I was a little disappointed to see Chad listed as a LB instead of safety. We seem stacked at LB. I'm not a coach, but I was not expecting that posibility...

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Our Db's are sooooooooooooooo weak right now and our LB corp is our strength. I hope we give Bevarage a chance at FS where he can deliver some punishing blows. If not I am afraid he will be relegated to Special Teams duty until he is a JR/SR b/c Bick plays the older kids first.......Try Matt Butler back there as well.......Heck even Hogdog if he has any elgibility left (someone told me he was fast).

Please do not assume that Chad Beverage will line up at LB. I was only projecting him at that position because of his size & speed. I do NOT speak for the coaches & really have no idea where Chad will start in August. I am just real anxious to see him get going as a Bulldog, wherever he lines up!

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg
    Heck even Hogdog if he has any elgibility left (someone told me he was fast).
    That might be only when he is astride his Harley!

Varsity Bulldog Kat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the ears Kat04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Hey Mick.....is Barry Robertson really 6-3, 240 lbs??? He looks smaller than that to me.

I'm not trying to raise a stink.....but I remember Robertson getting blown off the line of scrimmage a few times last year (in one game in particular). He just seemed smaller than 6-3, 240. And before anyone sends "overprotective" posts, let me just say that I AGREE that Robertson will probably be a fine linebacker for us this year ...but I was just wondering if his "size" has been exxagerated.

HD
    He isn't 6-3 lol... They have had that on everything since he signed before he even came here. He was actually 240 in Junior College and I suppose Tech used that weight (???). He was around 220 when he got to Tech and right now he's about 6-1 I believe and weighed in last week at 232. He is trying to gain up to about 240 in the next couple of months so he will be prepared to lose 5 or so pounds once they start 2-a-days If this picture comes out in the post, this is Barry and Sammie Collins (DL) from last weekend. I think Sammie is about 6-3, not sure of his weight.
    <inserting the picture didn't work, so I put it as an attachment lol>

Kat
    Attached Images Attached Images

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Kat04
    He isn't 6-3 lol... They have had that on everything since he signed before he even came here. He was actually 240 in Junior College and I suppose Tech used that weight (???). He was around 220 when he got to Tech and right now he's about 6-1 I believe and weighed in last week at 232. He is trying to gain up to about 240 in the next couple of months so he will be prepared to lose 5 or so pounds once they start 2-a-days If this picture comes out in the post, this is Barry and Sammie Collins (DL) from last weekend. I think Sammie is about 6-3, not sure of his weight.
    <inserting the picture didn't work, so I put it as an attachment lol>

Kat
    At the risk of sounding funny, he looks good. I hope he has a great year. We need him to be a LEADER, on and off the field.

Outside of LB, we are short on depth at virtually every position this year. We need our players to be in MUCH BETTER SHAPE than the guy he is going against on the other team. Teams like Boise and Fresno have depth comparable with most BCS teams. Its one of the main reasons we have fared so poorly in the second half of alot of games the last few years.

If the coaches are not pushing conditioning enough we need seniors like
    Barry to lead the way. They need to be in shape BEFORE fall practice starts.

We have to be in better shape than we were last year. We will not be competitive if we aren't.

Go Barry and go Dawgs.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    At the risk of sounding funny, he looks good. I hope he has a great year. We need him to be a LEADER, on and off the field.

Outside of LB, we are short on depth at virtually every position this year. We need our players to be in MUCH BETTER SHAPE than the guy he is going against on the other team. Teams like Boise and Fresno have depth comparable with most BCS teams. Its one of the main reasons we have fared so poorly in the second half of alot of games the last few years.

If the coaches are not pushing conditioning enough we need seniors like
    Barry to lead the way. They need to be in shape BEFORE fall practice starts.

We have to be in better shape than we were last year. We will not be competitive if we aren't.

Go Barry and go Dawgs.
    Good Post. I agree 100%.

ALTA-there is one thing that I am dead sure of as regards the conditioning of our players. When Yancey McKnight hands the team over to our coaches on Aug. 10, the ones who have been here this summer (about 60-70) will be in great physical condition. This will include practically every one of our players who are penciled in to start.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Out of curiousity... how many normally stick around for the summer?

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Alta, from what I can tell they appear to be in pretty good shape.

+ Reply to Thread