+ Reply to Thread

Thread: You have got to be kidding me...

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

You have got to be kidding me...

Look at this article, how big of a joke is this? This is the NCAA picking on the little guys as always. You would never see LSU or UT get probation for this crap. It kind of reminds me of MLB suspending guys who have hit a total of 10 HRs in their careers (Alex Sanchez) but not getting guys who have been churning out 50 a year for the past 5 years. What a joke. If you are a small school, you have to be a lot cleaner and this proves it. They just got a slap on the hand but big schools dont even get looked at for crap like this because everybody does it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?s...v=ap&type=lgns

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: You have got to be kidding me...

Three years. WOW! :rolleyes4

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

That is a pile of BS. Big whoopty-doo. They JUST made it to Div. IA and they aren't any good, why not just hand them a warning for now? If it was a veteran to the league like maybe Miami or even a team like us at Tech, I could understand it more but jeez.

Big Dog MonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7
    That is a pile of BS. Big whoopty-doo. They JUST made it to Div. IA and they aren't any good, why not just hand them a warning for now? If it was a veteran to the league like maybe Miami or even a team like us at Tech, I could understand it more but jeez.
    That basically was a warning. They didn't remove any scholarships, TV appearances, or delay their entrance to D1. They basically said, "Look people, you better know the rules in Division 1 and you better play by them or else."

Probation just means that they were caught in a violation and given a free pass, but if it happens again they won't be so lucky. That would be like saying to a police officer "Come on man, I know I was going 75 in a 45, but I just got my license two weeks ago, just give me a warning." I doubt it would fly.

The university obviously felt like it was bad enough to fire the coach who violated the rules.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

True as that may be ole monreaux, a big school would never even get investigated on this. It is typical NCAA acting like they do something for college sports. They did what a lot of other schools do and they get persecuted because the NCAA knows that they need a scapegoat that isnt very powerful.

Big Dog MonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    True as that may be ole monreaux, a big school would never even get investigated on this. It is typical NCAA acting like they do something for college sports. They did what a lot of other schools do and they get persecuted because the NCAA knows that they need a scapegoat that isnt very powerful.
    I agree that it's a ridiculous rule and that it's probably not enforced very much(although I don't have any facts to prove that), but it is pretty stupid to even attempt to slip one past the NCAA in their first year of D1, regardless of how small the violation is. What a first impression huh?

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

The key words in the release are "internal investigation." The NCAA cut them some slack and allowed them to do their own "internal investigation" & come up with the penalty. Because they are a relatively new program, the NCAA really lightened up & did not conduct their own investigation which more than likely would have resulted in a significant number of findings. Personally, I think they got off light, real light.

Yeh, I think it is a pretty stupid rule. Why not let them practice? You would think the NCAA would want them to practice and get better, that way they could sell more and get more money out of them. Nothing better than a cheap investment that you can make tons of money on.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

HUSS-have you forgotten the term "student-athletes?"

Mick I surely havent forgotten it. I am talking about the NCAA and the money hunger associated with it. I am not saying they should be athletes first, but it is what the NCAA likes. They dont care if they graduate, they just want to put people in the stands and make that money. Throw a scholarship at them, and if they dont make it, oh well we made some money on the deal. It is called sarcasm, sorry it seemed serious.

Sorry-antiquated brain cells have difficulty with intentional, unintentional statements.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I went a little overboard with that. It is only probation, but I mean... you KNOW that a bunch of other teams are violating that rule.. Also, you're right Monreaux in that it isn't much of an impression, but then again, they're realllly rough record(W-L) recently isn't helping them.

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14
    Sorry-antiquated brain cells have difficulty with intentional, unintentional statements.
    It is cool Mick I need to be more forthright.

+ Reply to Thread