+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liberty Bowl to Replace MWC

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: Liberty Bowl to Replace MWC

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTech

In other words, almost everything that could have gone wrong for the I-Bowl did go wrong last year.
    And it absolutely breaks my heart. Poor, poor I-bowl.

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTech
    Houston got UTEP booked early because they could see early on that the SEC was not going to have a team available to fill the slot. They weren't even going to take UTEP, they wanted Clemson.

When the fists started flying between Clemson and South Carolina, Houston knew for a fact they were short. It was another week before LSU beat Arkansas insuring that either Nashville or the I-Bowl would be short.

It was another week until Alabama picked the Music City Bowl leaving the I-Bowl short.

Houston had a two week headstart to find a replacement.

Then the I-Bowl wasted time chasing Virginia but that deal was only going to happen if the Big East was willing to do a favor for the ACC

So then they thought they would take Northern Illinois to face Oklahoma State and have a pretty decent match-up. Instead, Texas whines and jumps ahead of Cal in the BCS, that moves Oklahoma State to the Alamo and Iowa State to the I-Bowl. Since Iowa State and Northern Illinois had already played earlier in the season they trade Northern Illinois who had averaged 27,000 a game for Miami who average just under 16,000 a game.

In other words, almost everything that could have gone wrong for the I-Bowl did go wrong last year.
    That scenario you just described is why "The Independence Bowl Snub" is/was such a terrible decision by the bowl committee. Why not partner with local Universities like Tech,ULM, ULL,and Tulane? An arrangement like Hawaii has with the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl would be very beneficial to the Independence bowl and to the Universities.

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar

Thumbs Up Re: Liberty Bowl to Replace MWC

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdawg
    That scenario you just described is why "The Independence Bowl Snub" is/was such a terrible decision by the bowl committee. Why not partner with local Universities like Tech,ULM, ULL,and Tulane? An arrangement like Hawaii has with the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl would be very beneficial to the Independence bowl and to the Universities.
    I agree, tylerdawg! Apparently, the I Bowl folks aren't quite as smart as they should be. If they don't get their act together, they might find themselves without any post season bowl game to host!!!

TD
    ~~

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Inudesu! Ohisashiburi da ne! You should change the color of the kanji in your avatar to BLUE... heh. Haven't seen you on here in a while. I'm actually going to be our "representative" in Japan next. In January, I'll be moving to Tokyo for a while. Too bad no one in Japan could give a flying "kuso" about Tech football... My Japanese aunt that lives there is also a professor at Memphis, so if she is into football, it'll be the Memphis Tigers. I'll still try to visit BBB while I'm gone!!!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechsasDawg
    I agree, tylerdawg! Apparently, the I Bowl folks aren't quite as smart as they should be. If they don't get their act together, they might find themselves without any post season bowl game to host!!!

TD
    ~~
    That's because the people from the I-bowl have the typical Shreveport mentality. The want so much to be something they are not. People in Shreveport want to pretend they are from S. Louisiana or Dallas. That translates into the I-bowl wanting so much to be a BCS bowl. They can't but they think if they can get the crappy BCS teams it will be the same thing. The result, like you said, is they will find themselves without a bowl.

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgfood
    No disrespect to my school (Tech) what bowl would actually want to lock up a slot to Tech, ULM, ULL, and Tulane??? That's friggin crazy. None of those teams win consistently........none of them have big followings..........and all of them are pretty much regional temas. Hmmmmm, now let's see what do Bowls want in teams: UMM Consistency..........ummmm Big followings by each team...... and two teams that a national audience will tune in to watch.

Is everyone with "Tyler" in front of their name a goofball???:rolleyes4

Well since Tech is in the WAC they are locked in with the Humanitarian, an option on the Mobile bowl and the Silicon Valley bowl. Since ULL and ULM are in the Sunbelt they are locked in to the New Orleans bowl. Finally, Tulane is in CUSA so they are locked in to the Liberty Bowl (the actual thread subject) the New Orleans bowl, and I believe 3 others. So all in all these 4 teams ARE LOCKED INTO 9 BOWLS. These 9 bowls have no problem with taking any one of these teams if they are bowl eligible why should the I-BOWL?

Thank you for the nice comment. I love to correspond with nice pleasant people.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

tylerdawg - Wouldn't a third place finish in the WAC with at least a 1-2 OOC record with an invite to the Mobile Bowl cure a lot or our ailments this year? I'm glad you mentioned the Mobile Bowl. I don't know for sure what it would take for us to go there, but it would really be what we need to get us back in the right direction.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgfood
    Is everyone with "Tyler" in front of their name a goofball???:rolleyes4
    And are you always an Asshole? Why can't you just disagree respectfully?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7
    Inudesu! Ohisashiburi da ne! You should change the color of the kanji in your avatar to BLUE... heh. Haven't seen you on here in a while. I'm actually going to be our "representative" in Japan next. In January, I'll be moving to Tokyo for a while. Too bad no one in Japan could give a flying "kuso" about Tech football... My Japanese aunt that lives there is also a professor at Memphis, so if she is into football, it'll be the Memphis Tigers. I'll still try to visit BBB while I'm gone!!!
    Hisashiburi desu ne. I'm jealous that you are going to Japan (although I'd take Kansai over Kanto given the choice). Have fun. Eat well. Ganbatte.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    sec teams, aside from lsu, are probably tired of showing up to play in front of a bunch of druken, piss yellow-clad, morons chanting "l-s-u" the whole game. The sec will probably be happy to severe their ties to the Ibowl.
    Hilarious! I can just see those idiots embarassing themselves and everybody around them.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    And are you always an Asshole? Why can't you just disagree respectfully?
    Yes, and because he is an asshole

+ Reply to Thread