+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you guys really going to be that bad?

Varsity Bulldog rcajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Are you guys really going to be that bad?

Puppy LaTechFanatic is an unknown

Re: Are you guys really going to be that bad?

The Sporting News magazine has Tech at 67. Preseason rankings mean absolutely nothing.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

There is nothing wrong with his analysis. Everything he said is true. It's gonna be really, really tough. But no, we can and will do better than that.

And frankly, I don't think ULL or FA deserved the low placing either.

I really hate these polls.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Well considering Santiago is not gone and we didn't lose 10 starters on our defense, I would say this magazine

FREAKIN SUCKS
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

You beat me to it, Rooster. I read that website all the time b/c they're always cranking out stuff. But you have to consider the source. They make goofs like the Santiago thing all the time. It's fluff. I still read it b/c I'm crack baby for football, but it's fluff....

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    Well considering Santiago is not gone and we didn't lose 10 starters on our defense, I would say this magazine

FREAKIN SUCKS
    HAHA. Apparently everything he said is not true! Oops.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that article is a pile of crap. We're the only team without a losing record on there. Screw them. ULL lost several of their games by like a point or two as well, so they shouldn't be there and neither should FAU. Oh well, they'll think twice about that when we kick ass this year. I think ULL will do a little better too and hopefully win those 2-point games and surprise the Belt.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

There is one thing they got right. It is "ULL," not "UL."

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

we finish 6-6 in a good conference and they throw us in with all of the ul-'s of the world. when will they learn.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

While I agree that we are better, or should be, than the predicted ranking as of now, this all goes back to perception.

We lose games that we probably should win and we get hammered (not even really competing) in BCS games regularly now. When you are a mid-major you are not covered as the big boys and that leads to coverage that is based on direct results.

This info is from members of the media around various parts of the country, not from me. The are surprised that we don't win more conference games and compete more with BCS (not necessarily win). They look at us as a school that should do better. Why we don't and aren't I will let you all debate.

Varsity Bulldog scubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nice scubbdog's Avatar

This also came out in January when they knew nothing of what we are going to be this year. They'll put out they're preview of us in the next couple of weeks and then probably their real preseason poll. All of this will generally mean nothing like them all. I really don't think that this is anything to get too worked up about.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I think Martie is right. What is the most concerning thing is the perception. I don't think we'll be as bad as all that. They're looking at a team who had one super-star who provided all of our offense. Of course they are gonna have us drop off the table. They see teams like us as getting fluke talent, not a solid, good recruiting team. I'm not surprised by the ranking, but I do think it's something to be concerned about. The fact that someone would print it seriously deals us a perception blow. This perception will reach recruits, fans, AP voters...everybody! I think if we had a forward thinking administration, they would've ranked us higher-all other things being equal.

We'll do better than that. I think ULL will as well. Hand UNT a loss Cajuns. I know we're gonna do our best to hand em one.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Not one BCS program on there....what a surprise.

Looks like a lineup of the second-tier teams of the Sunbelt, MAC, WAC and CUSA conferences.

No way USL should be #104 with Babb running the offense.
    Last edited by DawgyNWindow; 06-09-2005 at 11:47 AM.

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar

At least we don't start off every year in the bottom 19 or whatever. Unlike USL.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

bah humbug. those rankings are meaningless. stupid bottom 19 crap. There's no way in hell. ULL doesn't belong down there even at the moment, but ESPECIALLY not us.

+ Reply to Thread