+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Predict the WAC football season

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Predict the WAC football season

It's pretty slow around here, unless you like talking about the merits of Evangel.

Just for something to do, give us your predictions for WAC football teams this season. I see it as a two-team race, with a big scramble at the bottom.

Here are my predicitions:

Fresno 11-1 (loss @ USC), 8-0 in WAC
    Boise 10-2 (losses at Gawgia and Fresno) 7-1 in WAC
    Nevada 6-5, 5-3 in WAC
    Tech 5-6, 4-4 in WAC
    Hawaii 5-7, 4-4 in WAC
    New Mexico St. 3-8, 2-6 in WAC
    San Jose 3-8, 2-6 in WAC
    Utah St. 3-9, 2-6 in WAC
    Idaho 1-10, 1-7 in WAC

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Re: Predict the WAC football season

That's pretty close to what I would predict. However, I'm curious as to why you have Nevada ahead of us. I know our games have been competitive in the past but I don't think they've ever beaten us since we've been a member of the WAC.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I am afraid this will be the year they get past us at their place. Really hope I'm wrong.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

We just did this thread....

anyway.. let me re-iterate that I think we're gonna whip some ass this year

I've been chillin' on the Boise board and they agree it could be a three-team conf. of Boise, Fresno, and LaTech, with the other guys behind this year. I agree. We're gonna wreck the Broncos in Ruston this year!!!! (this may change by November, who knows...)

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Boise
    Fresno
    Nevada
    Hawaii
    Tech
    San Jose
    New Mexico St.
    Utah St.
    Idaho

I wish I thought it'd be better, but even in this WAC I don't expect to do better than middle of the pack. We do have a lighter schedule, but it just seems we find ways to lose. This year we have fewer weapons, too. I'd love to be eating crow and seeing us bowling, though!

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Fresno

Boise

Tech

Hawaii

Nevada

New Mexico State

San Jose

Utah State

Idaho

I think the team that may surprise some people is New Mexico State. With Hal Mumme you know they are going to put the ball in the air and wont be afraid to take some chances. They will beat some team they shouldnt and lose to a team they should beat.

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar

Thumbs Up Re: Predict the WAC football season

Well, being more of an optomist, and a really true supporter of the Dawgs, my outlook for this year is somewhat different from most of you folks. Personally, I would never post anything on this board that is in any way negative to our team or team members. If I don't think they will beat a particular team, I just keep my mouth shut. No sense in spreading a negative attitude to team members. They check this board too, and don't need to see a bunch of their supporters (?????) predicting that they will not do too well in their own conference.

Having said that, I think the conference will end up:

Fresno
    Boise
    La Tech
    Hawaii
    Nevada
    San Jose
    New Mexico State
    Utah State
    Idaho

I'll predict that we will go 6-2 in conference play, and 9-3 (possibly 8-4) overall.

Go Bulldawgs!!!!!

TD
    ~~

Well, Ross, if you aren't predicting Tech will lose any games, how could they finish third in the conference with a 6-2 record?

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

I have come to the realization that attempting to predict a Bick coached team is absolutely fruitless. It is like a box of chocolates, You never know what you are going to get.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

I see that too, but what if we smack Boise and Hawaii in Ruston this year? With the easy schedule we have, holy crap... That makes the away Fresno game and the Florida game the toughest. Kansas is a decent game, but I have faith in it.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Can we just make this a poll for folks to vote and put it on main page? Good for summer build up to season. If we already did this then I apologize as I missed it.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

I think the WAC looks like a NASCAR race this year.

Three teams battling for first place - Boise, Fresno, Hawaii.

Three teams fighting for 4th place - Nev, NMSt, Tech

Three teams scrambling for 7th place - San Jose, Utah St, Idaho

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77
    I am afraid this will be the year they get past us at their place.
    Not if I can help it. I think my 2 year suspension from their butt ugly stadium is up. I plan on taking a whole bunch of suckers money at the poker tables friday night and then watching them cry in their beer as we pound them again on the field Saturday.

They dont like me much in Reno.

If Bick does a decent job, I see us fighting for first, not fourth. With him you never know, but I have a good feeling about our defense for some reason. We have what I consider 4 cupcake conference games already. We have Boise and Hawaii at home. A cupcake OOC game... Kansas ain't too terribly tough so that could go either way, Nevada's average. I really feel that the Fresno and Florida games are the most challenging. We have a good shot at WAC champs again. I'm also pretty optimistic, obviously... lol

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Its my last year at Tech, so I am gonna go with

8-0 in WAC
    and
    11-0 Overall
    and we win the national championship.

Dont hold me to it, but I really think it's possible.

Go Dawgs. haha

+ Reply to Thread