+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football roster posted on LATECHSPORTS

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Football roster posted on LATECHSPORTS

The roster is finally posted. Several guys shrank in size during the offseason.

http://www.latechsports.com/roster.p...l&season=05-06

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Re: Football roster posted on LATECHSPORTS

Two items of note (at least to me ), some of the Freshmen already have numbers assigned to them. Do they not get to pick when they report in August? The other is that they gave #20 to a JC CB. I thought that they might hold it back for a year or give it to one of the stud RBs.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

One item of note to me that's got me excited is we have some huge, and more importantly, young offensive linemen. Actually, I like the size of alot of our young players at all positions. I hope this is the year we get things turned around. I really like the "stats" on our athletes.

Varsity Bulldog KayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around here

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown
    Two items of note (at least to me ), some of the Freshmen already have numbers assigned to them. Do they not get to pick when they report in August? The other is that they gave #20 to a JC CB. I thought that they might hold it back for a year or give it to one of the stud RBs.
    I was thinking we might withhold it for like 3-4 years and maybe retire it

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

yep, that number is sacred...

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

I was hoping that they would at least hold it out for this year out of respect for all that Ryan has done for the program over the past couple of years. But I guess they needed the number...

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Riiiight.. like Tech has retired so many football numbers that they couldn't give the kid a different number? And he couldn't ask for a different one to show his respect for Moats?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Folks, the new signee #23 will have similar stats as #20 by the time he leaves Louisiana Tech.

At Michigan, the #1 always goes to the stud gamebreaking WR. It is a tradition and a huge honor to wear the #1 at UM. We ought to always make sure that #20 always goes to our stud gamebreaking RB. Just a thought, a nice way to honor what Ryan has done for us.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Sorry to say it, but before we start talking about that kinda stuff we should have taken care of Tim and Troy way before Moats. As great as he is, he was great for about a year and a half. Tim and Troy were great for 3 years. I was so disappointed to see Kubik in #13 jersey. It's no disrespect for him, but the way that Tim ran the offense was spectacular. Now i'm not sure if they should retire the jersey but I would have liked to see Tech admin have discussions on retiring it for he was that damn good. Him and Troy set Tech AND National records. They stayed for all of their eligibility, although I don't blame Ryan for leaving.. I think that 95% of the world would have done so. I do hate that they gave out #20 way to early (1 or 2 years) and I hope that who ever is wearing it will ask to change numbers out of respect.

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    Sorry to say it, but before we start talking about that kinda stuff we should have taken care of Tim and Troy way before Moats. As great as he is, he was great for about a year and a half. Tim and Troy were great for 3 years. I was so disappointed to see Kubik in #13 jersey. It's no disrespect for him, but the way that Tim ran the offense was spectacular. Now i'm not sure if they should retire the jersey but I would have liked to see Tech admin have discussions on retiring it for he was that damn good. Him and Troy set Tech AND National records. They stayed for all of their eligibility, although I don't blame Ryan for leaving.. I think that 95% of the world would have done so. I do hate that they gave out #20 way to early (1 or 2 years) and I hope that who ever is wearing it will ask to change numbers out of respect.
    Great post! No arguments from me on this.

What numbers has Tech retired?

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar

Angry Re: Football roster posted on LATECHSPORTS

Doc: Good post, and good ideas. Unfortunately, La Tech is not known for recognizing or rewarding it's student athletes, either while they are at Tech or after they graduate or enter the pro ranks. As an example, after basketball season, I saw no mention of a mens basketball banquet or scheduled program to honor Paul Milsap for his steller year in rebounding (only 1 of 3 players to ever win the season high rebound title two years in a row, and he as a freshman and sophmore). In addition, he also won the title for most rebounds in a single game for the year. Jim Oakes assured me that there would be a recognition program to honor Paul. I asked him again during the week of the Spring football game. Once again, he assured me that something was in the works, and Paul would be given the recognition he deserved. Well, guess what? It hasn't happened yet. I've just about lost respect for the administration for their lack of concern for our athletes accomplishments, and their attitude against any recognition. Jim seems to think that having a renunion once a year for the football teams is enough! Ha, Ha. It will take a hundred years to honor the teams of past years, and then we'll still be 100 years behind, and that's just for the football team members. We (La Tech admin) have lost the respect of most all of our past athletes, and apparently don't recognize the necessity to keep in contact with all of them, and keep them as supporters of La Tech Athletics. What a sad state of affairs!!!

TD
    ~~

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown
    Great post! No arguments from me on this.

What numbers has Tech retired?
    12 Terry Bradshaw
    71 Willie Roaf

Does anyone know when they retired Bradshaw's? I know Willie's was 2001. It seems Tech waits until players prove something in the pro's. But I agree, 13, 16, and 20 should be retired.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin
    Folks, the new signee #23 will have similar stats as #20 by the time he leaves Louisiana Tech.
    Lets hope so if he plays four years. Ryan played TWO years. In fact, he really only played 1 3/4 years.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves on any freshman just yet.

I don't even know if retiring his jersey would be the best thing. In my opinion, he has the stats but not the longevity. His jersey shouldn't even be considered until Tim and possibly Troy get theirs. I think that Moats more than anything else got the interest level back to where it was suppose to be at all points. So as fans, he want to thank him for bringing back excitement. I just personally don't think that retiring his jersey is the correct action to take. That would feel like a slap in the face to Tim, Troy, and maybe even Luke. I personally think that if Luke would have just admitted that he was hurt his junior year and take a seat and heal that his numbers would have been comparable to Tim's.

If I were DR, JO, and whomever else, here's what I would say to Moatsy: "Ryan, thanks a ton for what you have done for the fans and Louisiana Tech in general. You were the best RB in Tech history for a year and a half. Feel free to come to us with any needs you have, and let us know if we can do anything for you. To show you that we do respect you, we are going to not issue your number for a few years to have deep thoughts about retiring your number. We love you. Good luck in the pros, and keep in touch. We will do the same."

+ Reply to Thread