+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Durbin, what a moron

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Durbin, what a moron

He is putting himself in the same boat as amnesty international, a group that even Jimmy Carter has to get onto. This guy is way over the top. We are compared to Nazis and the like for torturing a few people. Wow, what an insult to the people that dies at the hands of Nazis and an insult to the US for such a gross over-exaggeration.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/o...l=chi-news-hed

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: Durbin, what a moron

The best is what he was so irate over. Ahhh, they were chained to floors in the fetal position and it was cold in some rooms and too hot in others. They even had to use the bathroom on themselves, sniff, sniff, let me break out the hanky for them. ANDDDDDDDDDDDDdd??????????? They freaking chop our heads off over there. I am sorry we arent putting these guys up in the Hilton but big crap. They deserve to suffer until we get some info out of them, then throw their sorry asses in jail for the remainder of their lives.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Heard a Korean war veteran POW this morning calling in on Salty's favorite news channel this morning (random caller apparently). He was highly offended by Durbin's comments - and said that he'd have liked to have been treated that well.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Again, I dont think the US should settle for "Oh, but at least we're not as bad as *that* country"

We need to hold ourselves to our own standards... and not just attempt to be slightly better than everyone else. So what if some countries cut off the heads of prisoners? Does that make it ok for us to do whatever we want to our prisoners, as long as we dont kill them?

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2
    Again, I dont think the US should settle for "Oh, but at least we're not as bad as *that* country"

We need to hold ourselves to our own standards... and not just attempt to be slightly better than everyone else. So what if some countries cut off the heads of prisoners? Does that make it ok for us to do whatever we want to our prisoners, as long as we dont kill them?
    Well, let me see, I dont think torturing TERRORISTS is wrong in the first place. If we are such a high ethical and moral standard and dont jsut follow other countries, why do we do things like partial birth abortions or let NAMBLA exist. In my opinion, terrorists are not prisoners of war. They are terrorists and Geneva Convention deosnt even apply to them. If torturing them will lead to answers, then torture away, especially this kind of weak torturing. Hell, if you listened to Durbin, you would have thought we were putting them in a snake pit or somehting. Give me a break with higher moral standard horse crap that is usually thrown out by people that think voting on morals and values is bad.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Well, I dont agree with abortion or Nambla, either. And I agree with voting based on morals and values. In fact, thats all my votes are based on.

There are times where I feel that torture, like war, may be a necessary evil. The problem, though, is that while there are those like me who feel they are necessary evils, there are then those that actually revel in war and torture and enjoy them and like the pain and punishment that they feel the opposition "deserves". This is the kind of ideal that I am opposed to. The kind of ideal that writes these prisoners off as less than human.

Well, I dont agree with abortion or Nambla, either. And I agree with voting based on morals and values. In fact, thats all my votes are based on.

There are times where I feel that torture, like war, may be a necessary evil. The problem, though, is that while there are those like me who feel they are necessary evils, there are then those that actually revel in war and torture and enjoy them and like the pain and punishment that they feel the opposition "deserves". This is the kind of ideal that I am opposed to. The kind of ideal that writes these prisoners off as less than human.
    Udnerstood and respected point of view.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

the only aspect of torture at gitmo that bothers me is forcing prisoners to listen to christina agulera music. that is really taking it too far!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

...there are then those that actually revel in war and torture and enjoy them and like the pain and punishment that they feel the opposition "deserves". This is the kind of ideal that I am opposed to. The kind of ideal that writes these prisoners off as less than human.

And those are the ones I want doing the torturing. Nobody does a better job than the person who enjoys what he's doing.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob
    the only aspect of torture at gitmo that bothers me is forcing prisoners to listen to christina agulera music. that is really taking it too far!
    Unless it would be listening to "loud rap music" Oh wait, I forgot, rap isn't really music so that doesn't count!!

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

It wouldn't bother me if we had a couple of hardassed pipe hitting dudes using pliers and a blow torch on some of these guys!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Does that make it ok for us to do whatever we want to our prisoners, as long as we dont kill them?

Yes
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Quote Originally Posted by dawgfood
    And if we start doing things like that, what do you expect them to do to our soldiers? .
    I dont know, df, cut off their heads? Wait they are already diong that. Anyway, I read about his so-called torture and I have two words-big deal. It wasnt half as bad as I was lead to believe. I read a left-leaning magazine on it too. Come on, the guy pissed himself, okay and, we never hurt the guy. He finally broke and started squealing, that is all I am worried about.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

would you want the terrorist to use the same tactics agaisnt our soldiers?
    Beheadings and bullets behind the ear...doesn't get much worse than that does it?
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

would you want the terrorist to use the same tactics agaisnt our soldiers?
    Instead of kill them or really torture them? Yeh I would actually. As anyone with half a brain would want.

+ Reply to Thread