+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: U.S.A. Taxpayers-supported 'art': Arab sodomizing Bush

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: Taxpayer supported Art Guild art of Arab sodomizing Bush

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg
    dawgcrazy and markay, the Social Security Administration collects taxes from employers and employees which are then paid out to retirees and disabled workers. Any surplus is used to buy Treasury Bonds. The system will stop having a surplus in a few years and then it will start cashing its Treasury Bonds. The current projection is that the taxes raised and those bonds will completely fund the system until about 2040. The admin cost for retiree benefits is .05% and the admin cost for disability benefits is 1.5%.

I haven't paid any social security taxes in many years. My income is from rent and capital gains although my wife pays social security taxes and I used to.
    I have seen 2012 will be the year we will be running a debt. I look at the Cato Institute's Website. They have pretty good info on there about Social Security and other public policies. Of course, Salty will think they are wackos because they support free market, but they also support human right. They label themselves as liberal although not in American terms because our definitions are jacked up. Here is their website:
    http://www.cato.org/about/about.html

These people have been on NPR and Foxnews, both sides respect what they say. Hell, their CEO went to U Cal-Berkeley. They ahve great info on here. Hell, they even blow on Repubs and Bush some, that ought to make you happy Salty.
    Last edited by dhussdawg; 06-17-2005 at 10:19 AM.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

dawgcrazy and markay, the Social Security Administration collects taxes from employers and employees which are then paid out to retirees and disabled workers. Any surplus is used to buy Treasury Bonds. The system will stop having a surplus in a few years and then it will start cashing its Treasury Bonds. The current projection is that the taxes raised and those bonds will completely fund the system until about 2040. The admin cost for retiree benefits is .05% and the admin cost for disability benefits is 1.5%.

I haven't paid any social security taxes in many years. My income is from rent and capital gains although my wife pays social security taxes and I used to.
    where will the money come from to pay off these treasury bonds? how will the government fund itself without the huge amount of funding it gets from the social security surplus? this is why your argument about bush's plan "creating a deficit" is fallacious. the deficit is already there -- bush just wants to face it now, rather than wait until it is a serious crisis.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob
    where will the money come from to pay off these treasury bonds? how will the government fund itself without the huge amount of funding it gets from the social security surplus? this is why your argument about bush's plan "creating a deficit" is fallacious. the deficit is already there -- bush just wants to face it now, rather than wait until it is a serious crisis.
    The LIBS/DEMS are just afraid that BUSH will fix the huge mess they created.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    I have seen 2012 will be the year we will be running a debt. I look at the Cato Institute's Website. They have pretty good info on there about Social Security and other public policies. Of course, Salty will think they are wackos because they support free market, but they also support human right. They label themselves as liberal although not in American terms because our definitions are jacked up. Here is their website:
    http://www.cato.org/about/about.html

These people have been on NPR and Foxnews, both sides respect what they say. Hell, their CEO went to U Cal-Berkeley. They ahve great info on here. Hell, they even blow on Repubs and Bush some, that ought to make you happy Salty.
    DH, I thought the little I saw of the CATO website it looked very reasonable. I bookmarked it and will look at it more closely later. Thanks!

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob
    Well Bob, the US Government can obtain the money the same place that it always has........from taxes. President Bush's Budgets contain huge deficits because he doesn't want to raise taxes to make up the short fall. The problem is only going to get worse as the years drag by. The country will just get deeper and deeper in debt until the reality of huge interest payments causes panic in the financial markets. I'm sure DH can tell you what usually happens in those cases.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

DH, I thought the little I saw of the CATO website it looked very reasonable. I bookmarked it and will look at it more closely later. Thanks!
    Yeh, I thought they were pretty original and not just following what someone else said.

Well Bob, the US Government can obtain the money the same place that it always has........from taxes. President Bush's Budgets contain huge deficits because he doesn't want to raise taxes to make up the short fall. The problem is only going to get worse as the years drag by. The country will just get deeper and deeper in debt until the reality of huge interest payments causes panic in the financial markets. I'm sure DH can tell you what usually happens in those cases.
    Yeh somebody is going to have to shoulder this burden. It is going to come in as higher taxes, less benefit, etc. I believe some politician is going to have to make a very unfavorable decision here before long to try to fix this problem. We will truly have to pay for the sins of our fathers. Only they werent sins, just bad judgement on a public pension system.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

the cato institute is a great source for original, innovative, independant and conservative thought. but watch out, salty. i hate to turn you off of cato before you even get a chance to get into it, but your favorite global warming debunker, "junkman steve", is an adjuct scholar at the cato institute.

+ Reply to Thread