+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Give me one good reason.....

Big Dog DeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud of DeepGreen's Avatar

Re: Give me one good reason.....

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    Your comebacks are just too much. How do you get this origianl material?
    Simple comebacks geared to simple people.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeepGreen
    Simple comebacks geared to simple people.
    Hey, there you go, that was a little better than rusts-a-ton. Now you are learning to put a little sarcasm in your sentences. How about you try to put a paragraph together this time with more than one little queer comeback?

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

deleted

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

I see that everyone is getting along and playing nice in here.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

You're from Alexandria. That says it all.
    DG,

I try to be open minded but Rusts a Ton? Pretty Weak DG. I expect a lot more from you.

Back to football. I think there are a lot of people who have no idea whatsoever how good your RB's are. But that being said you are about to face an amazing group of LB's. It would be hands down the best in the Belt and in my opinion is easily the best in the WAC. All 4 play both the run and pass well. All 4 are quick. 2 are very fast. All 4 can blitz very well and are sure tacklers not arm tacklers. They are also backed up by LB's that would start on many other teams. I just don't see a non-BCS team cramming the ball down our throat. Frankly, I don't see Kansas doing it either. We are lucky that this year our strength will match up well with your strength.

Now at QB we are just as worried as you are so it should make for an interesting game. Our secondary has been weak the last few years. But from the last 2 years stats I know many at UNT are salivating at the chance to have both these guys healthy and I'm sure you will grind some teams down this year. ...........Not us.

Big Dog DeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud of DeepGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13
    DG,

I try to be open minded but Rusts a Ton? Pretty Weak DG. I expect a lot more from you.

Back to football. I think there are a lot of people who have no idea whatsoever how good your RB's are. But that being said you are about to face an amazing group of LB's. It would be hands down the best in the Belt and in my opinion is easily the best in the WAC. All 4 play both the run and pass well. All 4 are quick. 2 are very fast. All 4 can blitz very well and are sure tacklers not arm tacklers. They are also backed up by LB's that would start on many other teams. I just don't see a non-BCS team cramming the ball down our throat. Frankly, I don't see Kansas doing it either. We are lucky that this year our strength will match up well with your strength.

Now at QB we are just as worried as you are so it should make for an interesting game. Our secondary has been weak the last few years. But from the last 2 years stats I know many at UNT are salivating at the chance to have both these guys healthy and I'm sure you will grind some teams down this year. ...........Not us.
    O.K. Rusts-A-Ton is weak. But then again, this is supposed to be a flamers board. What do you expect?

To be really honest, I have no idea how we'll stack up this year against LT or any other team for that matter. Other than the QB position, we're re-tooling our Offensive and Defensive lines. Not only are there questions in the lines, but also the backups. Lots of good recruits and potential the last few years, but until a redshirt gets into battle, it's anyones guess how they'll stack up.

Last year the LB positions were a real unknown early in the season, but they matured very quickly. Although not as stout as our LB Corp of 2-3 years ago, this years should be pretty good.

We have some good receivers with speed. The best is Johnny Quinn, a receiver with size and speed.

Again, I'm not sure how we'll do this season. If our line can jell early on and open some holes for our RB's, look out. Cobbs and Thomas don't need huge holes, just a small seam and they're gone for yardage. Or, if our QB can at least keep the secondary honest. One thing about our projected starter at QB, he's big and has some speed. 6-4, 250 lbs. I just hope he won't be running for his life all season. We'll see.

We may or may not cram the ball down your throats, but keep in mind that last year our Freshman RB, Jamario Thomas, started his first game against Colorado who at that time had the #4 ranked defensive unit in the country. Thomas stuck the Buffs for 200+ yards. Didn't matter. We still lost.

NT needs wins over La Tech and Tulsa this year in the OOC portion of our schedule. LSU and Kansas State are unlikely.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

O.K. Rusts-A-Ton is weak. But then again, this is supposed to be a flamers board. What do you expect?
    More than that -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

Rust-A-Tons is the most pathetic "insult" I've ever heard. You must have gotten that line from your cousin MoronroeTigger.

That's as bad as my calling your UNT self names, like C-UNT for example. Like C-UNT will never be in C-USA....:bigcry:

Oh yeah, and since your mascot is an inanimate color, shouldn't it be pink instead of green?

Quote Originally Posted by domangue
    Rust-A-Tons is the most pathetic "insult" I've ever heard. You must have gotten that line from your cousin MoronroeTigger.

That's as bad as my calling your UNT self names, like C-UNT for example. Like C-UNT will never be in C-USA....:bigcry:

Oh yeah, and since your mascot is an inanimate color, shouldn't it be pink instead of green?
    Oh Lordy! Smack from Houma. Where the women all have web feet.

So you'll know your opponent, the North Texas mascot is the Eagle, but we are know as the "Mean Green". Kinda like Tulane's mascot is the Pelican, but are known as the Green Wave. Alabama Crimson Tide, etc. You get the picture now don't you Swamp Boy?

NT has as much chance getting into CUSA as La Tech. It'll happen when CUSA is raided of a couple of prime schools, leaving a much watered down CUSA. Not sure either of us really want that. What do you think?

Puppy gostAte is on the way down

Rusts-A-Ton isn't the best insult I've ever heard but, have you seen the town that Lousiana Technical College was built? I have. At least your campus matches the town.

Hey, I just thought of a slogan for Latech it's kinda like the old saying, "a diamond in the rough."

" Latech a rough (pause for dramatic emphasis) in the rough."

I'm not copywriting that or anything so please let your imaginations run wild.

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

Oh Lordy! Smack from Houma. Where the women all have web feet.

So you'll know your opponent, the North Texas mascot is the Eagle, but we are know as the "Mean Green". Kinda like Tulane's mascot is the Pelican, but are known as the Green Wave. Alabama Crimson Tide, etc. You get the picture now don't you Swamp Boy?

NT has as much chance getting into CUSA as La Tech. It'll happen when CUSA is raided of a couple of prime schools, leaving a much watered down CUSA. Not sure either of us really want that. What do you think?
    Wow, you're such a C-UNT. At least I actually put what town I'm from in my profile. I guess you were too embarrassed to admit that you live in a trailerpark city. I'm glad that you finally got phone service to get on the internet at least.

As far as mascots, a mascot that is a tangible object is fine. Like Tulane's Green WAVE or Alabama's Crimson TIDE is fine. You're team is just a color. With an adverb in front of it. It's weak, face it.

Quote Originally Posted by gostAte
    Rusts-A-Ton isn't the best insult I've ever heard but, have you seen the town that Lousiana Technical College was built? I have. At least your campus matches the town.

Hey, I just thought of a slogan for Latech it's kinda like the old saying, "a diamond in the rough."

" Latech a rough (pause for dramatic emphasis) in the rough."

I'm not copywriting that or anything so please let your imaginations run wild.
    Wow, a guy from Jonesboro. I dont even have anything to say to that. A town that is based on a paper mill, come on. I have never heard of "copywriting" by the way. Where do you go to school?

Wow, you're such a C-UNT. At least I actually put what town I'm from in my profile. I guess you were too embarrassed to admit that you live in a trailerpark city. I'm glad that you finally got phone service to get on the internet at least.

As far as mascots, a mascot that is a tangible object is fine. Like Tulane's Green WAVE or Alabama's Crimson TIDE is fine. You're team is just a color. With an adverb in front of it. It's weak, face it.
    Then what does that make the Syracuse "Orange", a color or a fruit?

I didn't know that a poster's location was that big of an issue, but just to satisfy you, mine is now listed.

Regarding the "Mean Green" moniker, I really don't give a rats ass whether you think it's weak or not. Four straight years ESPN2 televising the Mean Green at the New Orleans has done wonders for our program. If you don't believe me, I can easily link some of the facility upgrades that now completed and those that are getting ready to start at NT. Or, would you like for me to list them out for you?

BTW, has La Tech looked into one of those "used" Jumbotrons, or are you still working on that roll of used turf that needs to be transported to Rusts-A-Ton?
    Last edited by DeepGreen; 06-15-2005 at 11:10 AM.

Puppy gostAte is on the way down

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    Wow, a guy from Jonesboro. I dont even have anything to say to that. A town that is based on a paper mill, come on. I have never heard of "copywriting" by the way. Where do you go to school?
    Thats Jonesboro Arkansas. No paper mill here. You'll have to excuse me you are correct it is copy right as in the rights to property. Not like actual writing. I guess because of a typo that negates any degrees I may hold. I'm sure your typing perfection has never been compromised.

BTW, Ruston and Latech still suck.

I can't wait for UNT to put you guys in check.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

JONESBORO, Arkansas? Well, that explains a lot. This, my friends, is another classic case of Tech Envy. Here is someone that is from a town in Arkansas just a little ways from Ruston. He probably tried to get into Tech, but the admissions standards were a little too high. Now, he has a lot of anger toward the one thing that would have made his life complete. All through grade school and high school, he dreamed of one day being a student at that great university south of his town. Just to walk in the Quad or go to one of those known tailgate parties would have been a dream for him, but alas, it was not to be. We should be comforting to this poor soul. He now has to be in Denton at a school in the sun belt. His dream of sitting in JAS is now a reality. He can almost touch it. He will be able to sit and watch the Bulldogs finally, but he will be a fan of the little school that really has no shot of ever making it.

I will extend the first hand here. Deepgreen, come on up and sit with the big boys. We will let you cheer for the dogs, even if it is just for a few hours. We will buy you a Tech shirt and a coke, then teach you "Move The Chains". After the game, we will return you safely to your parents. It will be the time of your life. If you would like, we will draw you out a calendar. You can put an X by each day, as you count down to getting to hang with the Big Dawgs.

+ Reply to Thread