+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tech vs. LSU in 2008

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tech vs. LSU in 2008

The tailgating before the last LSU football game was great.. I had so much fun and was amped up until we started getting destroyed. I was VERY excited by seeing all of our blue there. I've NEVER seen an away team travel that well to Tiger Stadium.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

The pep rally to greet the team getting off the bus was the best show of support I've ever seen Tech fans give the football team. Then we got into the stadium, and we had a great section of blue. I was proud of our support. Then the game started, and soon all I wanted to do was get out of there. I've never seen a Tech team as unprepared to play as we were that night. I was very embarassed for my school. We were hoping to go in there and play the way we had played against Alabama and Michigan State, but instead we went in there and looked the way we did against Houston in our early days of 1-A. I sure hope we do better than that next time. Looking at the way we played on the road against Tennessee, Auburn and Miami last year, though, I am very concerned about the trend.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

I'd like to forget the whole thing ever happened. I agree with everyone that the atmosphere, tailgating, etc.. was great until the game, but the game ruined everything for me.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I hope it's NOT a misprint. I WANT Tech and ElEssEwe to play, anytime, anywhere.
    We have always wanted to play LSU. So, we've apparently been worked into a double spot. So let's start dealing with it instead of crawfishing.
    If Tech is stomped, ElEssEwe will have all the reason to discontinue due to lack of interest.
    If Tech plays well or wins, then ElEssEwe will cancel the series cuz they are scheduling these games as designated wins.
    If Tech scares the piss out of ElEssEws, but loses, they will cancel the series cuz they almost go their arses beat.
    So any way you look at it, Tech and ELEssEwe may not even play after 2008.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog lsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nice lsuhater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66
    I would hope there is a mistake.
    Why? Wuss!!

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope everyone shows up for it like last time. I think the only way that happens is if we get bowlin' from now on and kick some WAC-arse. If that happens and LSU doesn't become "National Champions!!!!!!!1111oneone" again, then we should have ourselves an ocean of blue there to watch the Dawgs slam the Tigers. It'll be a party for all time for us Tech folks!

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lsuhater
    Why? Wuss!!

See #19 and #20. I think I prefer WISE to Wuss.

Varsity Bulldog lsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nice lsuhater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66
    See #19 and #20. I think I prefer WISE to Wuss.
    I was really just kidding about the wuss, but how can we EVER hope to climb to another level if we are afraid of being on that level. If we are going to cower to these larger programs then lets just go back to I AA forever. We can tell our grandkids about the good old days!

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

I am a believer that you play up to your competition. Give us a couple of trips into Death Valley, the new will wear off and we will compete.

I say sign up for an annual meeting!

DFiH

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous
    I am a believer that you play up to your competition. Give us a couple of trips into Death Valley, the new will wear off and we will compete.

I say sign up for an annual meeting!

DFiH
    Where was that competition level when we played Miami? Until Reneau gets embarassed enough at getting creamed we will never improve.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    Where was that competition level when we played Miami? Until Reneau gets embarassed enough at getting creamed we will never improve.
    Come on, you can't be serious. I Love TECH, and always will, but at the current moment, there are about 90 D-1 schools that don't have the talent to compete with Miami.... unfortunantly including us.... for now. :cŪ

As for LSboo, annual seems a little much to me... lets make it bi annually. Until we show that we deserve to be on the field with them, let's not make it too often... ya know?

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    Come on, you can't be serious. I Love TECH, and always will, but at the current moment, there are about 90 D-1 schools that don't have the talent to compete with Miami.... unfortunantly including us.... for now. :cŪ

As for LSboo, annual seems a little much to me... lets make it bi annually. Until we show that we deserve to be on the field with them, let's not make it too often... ya know?
    I am just pointing out to same thing to the poster that thought we would be competitive with LSU if we played them more often- no way that will happen. I never thought we should have competed with Miami. Go back and read the context of my post. I wouldn't mind if we never put LSU on the schedule.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    Oh, is Tech calling the shots now on "big-time" scheduling?
    Right now, we play the majors when THEY want us to.
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    Oh, is Tech calling the shots now on "big-time" scheduling?
    Right now, we play the majors when THEY want us to.
    tm
    call the shots?!?! not a chance, just stating what i'd like to see. Kinda like the princess beauty pagent idiot, saying that all she wants is world peace.

Check this out just for fun... This is a rundown from CFN of their ranking for the ways the teams performed in 1999. They have all the nineties in there, but I love looking at this one and how we compared with LSU. It has us as #25, but really it should be #27 because they screwed up when listing the teams. With their scoring system, we should be below Hawaii and Ms. State on there. Anywho, LSU is WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY down.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/Almanac/1999.htm

+ Reply to Thread