+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This set of pre-season power ratings has us....

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

This set of pre-season power ratings has us....

74th

Other notables:

UNT - 70
    Kansas - 76
    Boise -10
    Fresno - 25
    Southern Miss - 47 (highest of any CUSA)
    Hawaii - 58
    UTEP - 81 (They must not read Miner Digs, the guys on there would tell you they should be 18th!)
    Tulane - 83

All in all, I think this set of ratings shows us some respect.

Anybody got any others?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: This set of pre-season power ratings has us....

This one has us 77th, and Kansas 35th:

http://members.aol.com/powerrater/col-foot.htm

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77
    74th

Other notables:

UNT - 70
    Kansas - 76
    Boise -10
    Fresno - 25
    Southern Miss - 47 (highest of any CUSA)
    Hawaii - 58
    UTEP - 81 (They must not read Miner Digs, the guys on there would tell you they should be 18th!)
    Tulane - 83

All in all, I think this set of ratings shows us some respect.

Anybody got any others?
    Respect? LOL!

I'm sorry Tech77, but your statement above really made me laugh. You are a good guy....... but I think you need to "redefine" the word "respect".

There's no way that a team that LA Tech beat last year --such as Fresno-- should be ranked #25 while Tech is smothered down at #74. That ain't respect. That's a joke.

HD

Fresno had a major hiccup in the middle of the season last year, but finished strong and won a bowl game. They are ranked in the top 25 in most of the pre-season ratings. I really hope your optimism is well-founded, but I am curious as to why you think we are going to be so strong. Do you think we should be a pre-season Top 25? We have a really good corps of linebackers, its seems. But beyond that I see a lot of question marks. I will be thrilled if we go 8-3, like you say I could coach them to. But to do that we will have to win 3 of 6 against Florida, Kansas, North Texas, Fresno, Boise and Hawaii, and run the table against our other five opponents. That would be a major step-up from the way we have been performing.

Again, I hope you are right.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77
    Fresno had a major hiccup in the middle of the season last year, but finished strong and won a bowl game. They are ranked in the top 25 in most of the pre-season ratings. I really hope your optimism is well-founded, but I am curious as to why you think we are going to be so strong. Do you think we should be a pre-season Top 25? We have a really good corps of linebackers, its seems. But beyond that I see a lot of question marks. I will be thrilled if we go 8-3, like you say I could coach them to. But to do that we will have to win 3 of 6 against Florida, Kansas, North Texas, Fresno, Boise and Hawaii, and run the table against our other five opponents. That would be a major step-up from the way we have been performing.

Again, I hope you are right.
    I'm only predicting a 7-4 finish for Tech in 2005. But, my "optimism" is strictly based on the fact that this 2005 schedule is the weakest I've seen in almost 10 years. If Bicknell can't win this year, we (and he) BELONG in the Southland Conference. On raw talent alone, we should finish AT LEAST 6-5.

Of course, now that GITMO is gone to the NFL, SOMEBODY is going to have to step up this year and prove that they can actually score a touchdown. I have to assume that we've got SOMEONE left on the team that knows what an end zone looks like.

HD

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

IMO, Pat Hill is the Bill Cower of college football. Brides Maid and never a bride. He wins plenty of games but he will probably never win the WAC with Hawkins around. Hawkins > Hill

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Hummm.. anyone notice the three bottom teams on that poll? Seems like those three have come up alot lately.... I'M JUST SAYIN'!!

115. Univ Losers & Morons
    116. Ark St.
    117. Idaho... no YOU DA HOE! hehe

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    Hummm.. anyone notice the three bottom teams on that poll? Seems like those three have come up alot lately.... I'M JUST SAYIN'!!

116. Ark St.
    Idaho and ULMJC, expected. Lets be honest, they are really average Div1-aa programs, no business in 1-a ball.

Ark St is a different story. Decent campus, fairly big school, and they only have to compete for kids against 1 team in-state, + Memphis. They should get enough leftovers from Little Rock and Memphis to be much more competitive than they are. Pretty sad that they dont dominate the Belch.

Puppy hansel is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362

116. Ark St.

ULM = University of Lesser Minds

Bulldog Wade is an unknown

Now, I want you to listen to me. What the Bulldogs need the most right now is more Cowbell. Gotta have more Cowbell.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade
    Now, I want you to listen to me. What the Bulldogs need the most right now is more Cowbell. Gotta have more Cowbell.
    I cant believe Im standing here with Bruce Dickenson! Your the cock of the walk, baby!

Varsity Bulldog KayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around here

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    Idaho and ULMJC, expected. Lets be honest, they are really average Div1-aa programs, no business in 1-a ball.

Ark St is a different story. Decent campus, fairly big school, and they only have to compete for kids against 1 team in-state, + Memphis. They should get enough leftovers from Little Rock and Memphis to be much more competitive than they are. Pretty sad that they dont dominate the Belch.
    what about Fayetteville?

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    I cant believe Im standing here with Bruce Dickenson! Your the cock of the walk, baby!
    I got a fever. And the only cure is more cowbell.

+ Reply to Thread