+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "runaway bride" gets tv deal

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

"runaway bride" gets tv deal

this is ridiculous:

'Runaway Bride' sells story to US television executives
    Thu Jun 16, 1:35 PM ET

Jennifer Wilbanks, the so-called "Runaway Bride" who fled just days before her wedding and initially pretended to have been kidnapped, has sold her story to US television executives, according to the company that bought the rights to the tale.

Wilbanks, 32, was sentenced to two years' probation and 120 hours of community service for making a false statement to authorities and reporting a false crime.

She also had to pay local police 15,500 dollars to reimburse them for expenses incurred while searching for her.

New York-based firm ReganMedia said in a statement that it was "currently developing a scripted television project based on the Wilbanks-Mason story," involving the would-be bride and her fiance, John Mason, who still plan to marry at a later date.

ReganMedia did not reveal the amount of the deal, but the Atlanta Journal-Constitution said it was thought to be around half a million dollars.

On April 26 -- about a week before her wedding -- Wilbanks left her house in Duluth, Georgia, near Atlanta, claiming she was going jogging, but never returned.

Authorities mounted a massive search to find her. Four days later -- just one day before her planned wedding -- Wilbanks called her family, saying she had been kidnapped by a Hispanic man and a white woman, who were armed.

She finally turned up in Albuquerque, New Mexico and later said she had gone by bus to Las Vegas, Nevada. She also cut her hair to mask her identity.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050616...HE0BHNlYwN0bWE-

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: "runaway bride" gets tv deal

Wow, will everyone please join me in boycotting watcing something so stupid and useless. Teach the TV media a lesson on giving money to a criminal and a moron for a stupid story that I hope nobody will give more time than we already have to.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    Wow, will everyone please join me in boycotting watcing something so stupid and useless. Teach the TV media a lesson on giving money to a criminal and a moron for a stupid story that I hope nobody will give more time than we already have to.
    i won't watch it, but i bet a lot of folks will.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi
    Oh, I am sure. People are fascinated with people that make terrible decisions for some reason.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Sorry for the word, but this is absolute Horse Sh!t.

People are idiots!

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi
    you mean a lot of women will. and gay men. If I had to decide between a leg and watching this crap, I'd be nicknamed pegleg.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

If I ever get divorced and remarry this is the plan:

Me to new fiance: "Here's what we're gonna do. On our wedding day you will fly off to Vegas for the weekend. I'll report that you're missing and 3 days later you fly home."

"Afterwards, we'll write a book about the ordeal, sell the rights to a movie, go on the talk show circuit, do a reality TV series, ... and get filthy rich. 10% of the income goes to God and 10% goes to Louisiana Tech Athletics, the rest will be split between us."

Now there's a "get rich (and famous) quick" plan for ya!

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    you mean a lot of women will. and gay men. If I had to decide between a leg and watching this crap, I'd be nicknamed pegleg.
    I won't be watching it either - and I'm of the female variety. I thought she should get jail time!

I noticed in about the same spot in the newspaper it showed Ashley Smith got a movie/book deal too. Now, I will watch and read that. Ashley is the lady in Atlanta that clearly had made mistakes but managed to survive alive and talked that murderous thug into giving up. I do want to hear her story and definitely want to hear about that.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

May I suggest the Golf Channel to ya'll - Ch 605 on Directv...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Varsity Bulldog cgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Just goes to show you, like I say everytime I see an ad for a new reality TV series, that there is no crap that is so bad that no one will show it. I thought there was something that said that if you were convicted of a crime (or pled guilty) that you couldn't profit from that crime.

+ Reply to Thread