+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tech Future coaching questions...

Big Dog BOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the rough

Tech Future coaching questions...

Does anyone know if this is Jack B's last year on contract or not and if so, regardless of how we do this year should we consider him for another contract or not?
    Me, personally...I don't think we should extend his tenure.....the lack of Tech's "Anytime, Anywhere!!!! attitude and the program swagger that I personally saw during the Crowton era just doesn't exist in todays program......now a days its "if we can just hang in there till the 4th qtr" crap......it's just too passive of an attitude......I want to see that "attack" attitude again!.....Anywho....just for giggles, I was reading some of the Bio's of our assistant coaches and I was really impressed with Ed Jacksons. I mean he has been with Tech for 13 years coaching so he is dedicated to the University, he is an alumni and played for Tech during their glory years so he knows what Tech was and what it should be, his wife is a Grambling grad so his family knows the area of northern LA and its lifestyle and he's young enough to establish a program and be around to keep it going. What do you all think? I would hate to see another Kelly Mulkin story evolve from our University because we didn't reward those that are dedicated to La Tech.

Varsity Bulldog KayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around here

Re: Tech Future coaching questions...

my take is that his contract should only be extended if he wins a bowl game/WAC championship

I think it was wrong to extend his contract like we did after winniing the WAC in 2001 because there were so many years left on it that if he sucked hard (which I think he's done) it takes a fair piece of change to put his days behind us and Tech just doesn't have the money to buy him out

I don't think making a bowl game is enough I think he should have to win the bowl game or the conference title....being an "also ran" is not enough to keep him in my eyes

he has to finish in the money

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Chris Hatcher is in this weeks Sporting News as one of the top UP and COMING coaches in America. The feature article is on Joe GLenn, HC of Wyoming.

Puppy LaTechFanatic is an unknown

Bicknell was an offensive line coach before he was hired as head coach. I don't get how anyone could hire a head coach with just experience coaching O-Line.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LaTechFanatic
    Bicknell was an offensive line coach before he was hired as head coach. I don't get how anyone could hire a head coach with just experience coaching O-Line.
    I don't get how most decisions are made from our Athletic Administration. I really think sometimes that they use the magic eigth ball thing. They have a dilema, they shake it, then go w/ the answer. I guess I have gotten used to the ignorant leadership.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    I don't get how most decisions are made from our Athletic Administration. I really think sometimes that they use the magic eigth ball thing. They have a dilema, they shake it, then go w/ the answer. I guess I have gotten used to the ignorant leadership.
    It's not an eight ball. They have three wizards to whom they go for all the answers - davison, marbury and mcghee.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    Its not an eight ball, its the three wizards - davison, marbury and mghee.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BOSTON
    "if we can just hang in there till the 4th qtr
    Actually that is not a bad strategy if you are way overmatched against the other team...IF you have some sort of plan for winning in the 4th quarter.
    I have yet to see that plan with JB though...

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Why don't we wait til the end of the season and have played all our games. However, with first loss of the season, this board will be full of "Bick has to go, etc". That's what makes this board interesting to read at times and also humorous.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Proof we need to get rid of Bicknell,

2004 win against SMU 38-21
    "This is the happiest day of my life except when my kids were born,” Bicknell said. “It’s without a doubt my happiest day in athletics. We had to win this game. I’m not just saying it because this is the moment. There was a lot of pressure on us to win this game. We had to win some games, and it makes us feel good.”

2003 lost to Rice 14-49
    I witnessed this butt whooping, I thought for sure Bicknell will be canned after this lost, I was wrong.

2002 going 4-8
    Losing to a horrible Rice and SMU team. Also getting embarassed on national TV against Fresno St.

I don't know what it will take to get rid of him. We are stuck with this loser coach, but look on the bright side...he was the starting center for Doug Flutie when BC beat miami

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Big Grin Re: Tech Future coaching questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter
    Why don't we wait til the end of the season and have played all our games. However, with first loss of the season, this board will be full of "Bick has to go, etc". That's what makes this board interesting to read at times and also humorous.
    We better not lose to Florida. I'm gonna call for his job if the Gators beat us down in the swamp.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg
    Chris Hatcher is in this weeks Sporting News as one of the top UP and COMING coaches in America. The feature article is on Joe GLenn, HC of Wyoming.
    This will probably be the last year we have a chance at getting Hatcher. He's won 4 conference champioships and one national championship and lost only 7 games in 5 years as HC at Valdosta State. He's done all of this while playing his home games in Valdosta High's stadium and having to bus his team to an off campus site to practice. It looks like others are beginning to notice what this guy is doing.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

[QUOTE=dawgcrazy]We better not lose to Florida. I'm gonna call for his job if the Gators beat us down in the swamp. [/QUOTE

The stars would have to be aligned just right for us to even have a chance, but what I don't want to see is for us to roll over and play dead after the first little break doesn't go our way-that's what concerns me. I believe most fans would be happy if we at least show up and be competitive against a team like Florida.

Varsity Bulldog KayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around here

all I want is for stadiums across the SEC to make this announcement

"in the first quarter in Gainesville....Louisiana Tech 7....Florida 0"

then they can go on and win 77-7

I think holding a lead against a team their caliber no matter how it is gotten or how brief it is held is some sort of a statement....I was at the Miami, LSU and Auburn games and I want to see some semblance of a team that thinks it can stay on the field with them....even though all three games proved we can't

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by KayBee
    all I want is for stadiums across the SEC to make this announcement

"in the first quarter in Gainesville....Louisiana Tech 7....Florida 0"

then they can go on and win 77-7

I think holding a lead against a team their caliber no matter how it is gotten or how brief it is held is some sort of a statement....I was at the Miami, LSU and Auburn games and I want to see some semblance of a team that thinks it can stay on the field with them....even though all three games proved we can't
    I want more - much more. We need to be competitive from the kickoff till the end of the game. They may beat us, but I don't want them to relax one second while doing it.

+ Reply to Thread