+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Here's to a 1-2 start in football?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Here's to a 1-2 start in football?

Here's some interesting history, which shows "it's not how you start, it's how you finish that counts". WARNING: May not be suitable for some viewers.

The four years we've been in the WAC our best football season was when we had our worst 'W-L' start.

2004 Started 2-1. Beat Nevada and UL-Laf., lost to Miami. Went 2-4 over our next 6 games.

2003 Started 2-1. Beat Michigan St and UL-Laf, lost to Miami. Went 2-4 over our next 6 games.

2002 Started 2-1. Beat Oklahoma St and Tulsa, lost to Clemson. Went 2-7 over our next 9 games.

2001 Started 1-2. Beat SMU, lost to OKlahoma St and Fresno St. Went 6-3 over our next 9 games and that includes the Humanitarian Bowl loss. WAC Football Champions.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Here's to a 1-2 start in football?

That's an interesting observance but I sure hope it doesn't happen this year. I hope we at least put it on New Mexico State and I think we can beat Kansas. Florida... well.. I just can't bring myself to EVER say we'll lose any game for sure 'cause it just feels wrong. Anywho.. this season's schedule is much easier than those, so I hope we kick a lot more arse this year regardless. No excuses at ALL this time if we lose a few games. Bicknell shouldn't be able to sit there and say, "Well, those are a fantastic bunch of kids out there that really were just phenominally amazing. We played our hearts out and I'm proud of our team for not sustaining too many injuries," after losing to say... any of the ex-Sun Belt teams, or anyone besides Boise, Fresno, or Florida.

+ Reply to Thread