+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CFN LaTech '05 Preview

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

CFN LaTech '05 Preview

Hahaha... I got to the prediction for us by just messing with the URL in my address bar. An LSU fan did it on their message board and it gave me the idea. Here's the CFN preview of our team except for the "Further Analysis" part, which I guess will be available once our preview is actually supposed to be put out. You can't get there from their main page, just go from my link.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/wac/2005_Previews/LouisianaTech_Preview.htm

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: CFN LaTech '05 Preview

2004 Fun Stats:
    - Passing touchdowns: Opponents 25 - Louisiana Tech 11
    - Punt returns: Opponents 14.1-yard average - Louisiana Tech 6.7-yard average
    - Louisiana Tech first half scoring: 204 - Louisiana Tech second half scoring: 104

Varsity Bulldog lsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nice lsuhater's Avatar

Those stats don't look too fun! I will buy into their predictions. Sort of middle of the road. It won't be a spectacular season, but I think that with our schedule, if we don't pick up a low end bowl the season will be a failure.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Good write-up. We have to win at least 6 games this year.

Just wish we could have signed more quality D-linemen the last few years. Bic has said we are using the 3-4 in part because its so hard to get 6-5 290 lb D-linemen. I would settle for some 6-1 265 lb guys in numbers.

When you run the 3-4, you really need to have 6-7 D-linemen that can actually play. Otherwise, you are going to get worn down in the second half if you are relying on 4 or even 5 guys to play the 3 spots the whole game.

I know someone is going to say we have 6-8 guys for the D-line, but I have heard that song before. Lets see how it pans out. I hope Im wrong but I believe we still have not addressed our major weakness for the last 7-10 years. D-line and the secondary. I just dont see any excuse for not being able to at least recruit marginal talent and decent depth at these positions.

Anyway, go Dawgs! Make 2005 a good year. Dont pay attention to any negative crap from jerks like me. Focus on doing the best you can and we should have a good year. PLEASE HAVE A GOOD YEAR!

Signed,

Desperate for a winning season

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

I would say this is an honest and fair opinion. I think worst case scenario we go 4-7 and best case we go 7-4 with losses to Florida, Boise St., Fresno St., and Kansas/Hawaii/Nevada.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

I really don't see any reason why we should not beat Hawaii. I realize that they have had our number in the past, but they lost Chang and Owens. We should win that game at home.

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Did anyone else notice that we got a '6' rating at every position, except at linebacker where the strength of our defense got a '6.5'? What's up with that?

Varsity Bulldog scubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nice scubbdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 96bulldog
    Did anyone else notice that we got a '6' rating at every position, except at linebacker where the strength of our defense got a '6.5'? What's up with that?
    Well when you have writers that look at the spectrum of D-1 then they are going to see Mid-Majors as mostly average to below average. Pete Fiutak rating us at some of our positions as 6 means that he believes that those players should be a little better than average for the country and above average to good for the WAC.

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

He seemed to get a little mixed up on player class (Sr, Jr, So, or Fr) but I thought it was a good read. He's on point with most of it. I wonder who he uses as his sources??? I'm really excited about our LB's this year. I think we will see a lot more INT's as a result of pass rush this year.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by NashVegasRabidK9
    He seemed to get a little mixed up on player class (Sr, Jr, So, or Fr) but I thought it was a good read. He's on point with most of it. I wonder who he uses as his sources??? I'm really excited about our LB's this year. I think we will see a lot more INT's as a result of pass rush this year.
    For us to see a drastic increase in interceptions, our defensive linemen need to get some significant, consistent penetration into the backfield. Cage turned into a decent pass rusher, but other than him, it has been awhile since we had a d-lineman who could really get after the quarterback.

Also, did anyone else notice that CFN's preview has Ladarius Love listed as our 6th? best player?? He has been a big disappointment in my opinion. Hopefully, he will breakthrough his senior season.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg
    For us to see a drastic increase in interceptions, our defensive linemen need to get some significant, consistent penetration into the backfield. Cage turned into a decent pass rusher, but other than him, it has been awhile since we had a d-lineman who could really get after the quarterback.

Also, did anyone else notice that CFN's preview has Ladarius Love listed as our 6th? best player?? He has been a big disappointment in my opinion. Hopefully, he will breakthrough his senior season.
    Well, I don't know about a bid disappointment, but he sure is big! I think he's going to have a "big" season -- he's not in anyone's rather large shadow this year, so he's primed for a breakthrough season...

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Love has also been somewhat of a disappointment to me. Coming out of J-H as a very highly recognized two-sport athlete (basketball), I thought a player with his size, strength, & quickness would make a huge splash at our place. Granted, he has been dogged by injuries since he has been with us (mainly his back), but his main problem has been conditioning, due to the lack of time he spent in our off-season conditioning programs due to recovery from injuries. Now, he has been injury-free for an extended period of time, taken part in the spring & summer conditioning programs, got his weight down to 325, & tested very well in the May strength tests. Love has set the stage for what should be a solid senior year & we need him to really perform at a high level in 2005. If he should slip, we have a guy right on his tail that IS ready to go---Josh Muse--302 lbs, & very, very strong--the strongest DL we have totaling 1190 lbs. on his three lifts.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

He is a GOD on my XBox game, so who knows... lol. But then... on that game, the defense is amazing for Tech, with the stupid corners sometimes letting the WRs go past them which can be an instant TD even for like.... Idaho.

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7
    He is a GOD on my XBox game
    Let's hope that translates to the real world, K. I'd love to see him eating up blockers and allowing our LB's to attack at will. If so, I really think Barry and Brannon are going to have a big impact on our run D.

Is the Florida game this weekend?

+ Reply to Thread