+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Athlon on Louisiana Tech

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Re: Athlon on Louisiana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    You need to move on over to the ULM/NLU board. They'd love to have ya.

HD
    Nah, that's not my cup of tea.

CUSA is no Nirvana. Most of the schools want out or have gotten out. Attendance problems at sporting events are rampant. The remaining schools (with a couple of exceptions) have the same kinds of facilities we do, some even worse. If anything, the level of play (in football) has gotten worse over the years, and there are really no competitive rivalries in the conference. Tulane likes to think they are a rival of S. Miss, but beating them once every ten years or so does not really make them so.

I just get tired of us constantly begging to get into a second rate conference that is marginally better than the Sunbelt, but suffers from a HUGE attitude problem. We're better than that.

Both Tech AND N. Texas are very much on par with the current membership of CUSA, and if we do end up going in that direction one day, the conference will be better because of it.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow
    CUSA is less and less appealing all the time.
    Well you did it.. you tapped into my curiousity.. what in the heck is going on in the CUSA that you don't like? The only negative thing that I can think of is Louisville leaving.. but if they are smart, they can use that as a part of a sales pitch to everyone else. "CUSA... where we turn mid majors into big time players." hehehe. SOLD!!! Where do we sign???

Big Dog #1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears #1techfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    Well you did it.. you tapped into my curiousity.. what in the heck is going on in the CUSA that you don't like? The only negative thing that I can think of is Louisville leaving.. but if they are smart, they can use that as a part of a sales pitch to everyone else. "CUSA... where we turn mid majors into big time players." hehehe. SOLD!!! Where do we sign???
    I totally agree. I think that CUSA is where we need to be and if that pisses a few of ya'll off that think we belong BACK in the Sun Belt then oh well. You do realize how bad it would look for us to take a step back into the Sun Belt, incase you forgot we used to be members and we moved out so why would we go back there? That doesn't make any sense and it would hurt our recruiting in a big way. I think that Louisville leaving is a very good sales pitch for CUSA, hey maybe they'll use that sales pitch to us. If they do I know I would be the first one to support our move and I know there would be a lot of fans right behind me.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Yeh, I hate the idea of the Sun Belt. It would be a terrible move. Everybody thinks we are being prideful, but I would have to disagree. I am just looking at the facts. If I was a manager at a company, I would not step back down to the mail room. Come on people, let's get serious here. We are kind of in a catch, though, because our administration is not doing much to help us improve our athletics standing, but that doesnt mean we have to jump ship and rebuild. We just need to patch up the ship we have going until we can get it right. We need an adm. that is a little more devoted to athletics. Taht can be done by new adm. or by pressure on the current adm. by people like us.

Big Dog #1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears #1techfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    Yeh, I hate the idea of the Sun Belt. It would be a terrible move. Everybody thinks we are being prideful, but I would have to disagree. I am just looking at the facts. If I was a manager at a company, I would not step back down to the mail room. Come on people, let's get serious here. We are kind of in a catch, though, because our administration is not doing much to help us improve our athletics standing, but that doesnt mean we have to jump ship and rebuild. We just need to patch up the ship we have going until we can get it right. We need an adm. that is a little more devoted to athletics. Taht can be done by new adm. or by pressure on the current adm. by people like us.
    Well it's not our whole adm. I think that all of us, who are serious about Tech athletics need to help out our athletic program with our donation to CHAMPS. I think that if ya'll are alumni and ya'll enjoy Tech athletics, help them out. I am just a student but I am also a student CHAMPS member and I know as soon as I graduate and I get a job I will become a larger CHAMPS member. I think if we really get CHAMPS off the ground the get the funding we can make the jump from the WAC to CUSA.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by #1techfan
    Well it's not our whole adm. I think that all of us, who are serious about Tech athletics need to help out our athletic program with our donation to CHAMPS. I think that if ya'll are alumni and ya'll enjoy Tech athletics, help them out. I am just a student but I am also a student CHAMPS member and I know as soon as I graduate and I get a job I will become a larger CHAMPS member. I think if we really get CHAMPS off the ground the get the funding we can make the jump from the WAC to CUSA.
    Yeh, I understand, I just got a job, and I am scrounging up the cash to give to the CAB and the Athletics Dept. I just got my season tickets, next step is to give to the other two foundations.

+ Reply to Thread