+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This is absolute BS

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

This is absolute BS

I've always thought that CFN was full of crap to begin with, but their pre-season ranking puts us waaaaaay down. It's ridiculous, seeing who they put above us. I can't wait to prove them wrong this year. Friggin' North Texas is soooooooo amazing on their site in their review about how wonderful they'll be and how good their backs are, even though they only run against the craptacular Belt defenses.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2...005_76_100.htm

90-freakin' 4th. I hope the team sees crap like this and gets fired up to tear their opponents down.

Puppy LaTechFanatic is an unknown

Re: This is absolute BS

One magazine has Tech 106th now that is BS.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7
    I've always thought that CFN was full of crap to begin with, but their pre-season ranking puts us waaaaaay down. It's ridiculous, seeing who they put above us. I can't wait to prove them wrong this year. Friggin' North Texas is soooooooo amazing on their site in their review about how wonderful they'll be and how good their backs are, even though they only run against the craptacular Belt defenses.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2...005_76_100.htm

90-freakin' 4th. I hope the team sees crap like this and gets fired up to tear their opponents down.
    You are exactly right. It is all worth it, if what you say you hope happens, and the team sees this and gets fired up. We have a team that can whup up on some opponents this year IF they play with emotion and heart.

Varsity Bulldog scubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nice scubbdog's Avatar

This poll is probably one of the most honest in College Football. They never say that this is how good the team is going to be when it's all said and done. Without ever having seen us on the field with the team that we have right now this is how they think we are. They don't know how we're going to play so they're (at their own admission) basically just guessing. Once the season starts these rankings will rattle around all season long.

But however badly some hacks at a website or magazine or national publication ranks us it should tell our team and administration that this is what some think the team is. Let's go out this season and show them that they were wrong.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

They only put UNT one spot ahead of us. And when you look at many of the teams they have just a few spots ahead of us, there are probably a lot of fans hollering. Memphis is 78th in this, and their fans are thinking they are going to have a really good year, and are promoting their RB for Heisman. Marshall, Cincinnati, Colorado State and Houston are all listed just a few spots ahead of us.

I don't think we have any firm grounds for hollering we are being disrespected. If you want respect you have to earn it, and we just haven't earned it lately. I thought their analysis of us was pretty accurate.

On paper, we have a lot of question marks. Hopefully the guys we have plugged in will rise to the occasion and help us have a good season. When they point out that Moats is gone, I think that fact cannot be overstated. He was huge for us, elevating us above what we could have been without him. How we will do in replacing what he gave us definitely remains to be seen.

I'm glad you guys are enthusiastic about Tech. I wish we had 10,000 more just like you. I want you guys to be able to say "I told you so" after the season. But for the most part, lately, we've been relegated to talking about shoulda, coulda, woulda.

+ Reply to Thread