+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Game 7--Pistons @ Spurs Who ya Got!

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Basketball Game 7--Pistons @ Spurs Who ya Got!

I know it's late, and it's like three hours til tip-off, but for those of you who get to this on time, who ya got? I had the Spurs in 7 before the series started so I'll stick with them. 88-86. Timmy better get it together tonight because Detroit knows how to close out games.

It's the NBA Finals, where legends are born!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Game 7--Pistons @ Spurs Who ya Got!

Pistons. The only reason this series is not over is because of one unconscience quarter by Robert Horry.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

pistons 90-89....for no particular reason at all.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

S.A. 93 - Detroit 85

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

How 'bout dem Spurs!!!!

HD

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

How 'bout Tim Duncan down the stretch... drawing the double team and kicking it back outside for the 3-pointer.
    25 points or more 11 rebounds and a bunch of assists.

MVP

Varsity Bulldog KayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around here

I really wanted the Pistons to win....partly because Eva Longoria agreed to appear on The Best Damn Sports Show in a bikini if they did....but that wasn't my only reason

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

The Spurs are a class act. Very little grandstanding, they just play basketball. They accept accolades with a lot of modesty. A very refreshing change in this day and age.

Duncan had struggled often in this series, especially at the free throw line. He came up big in Game 7, and then deflected as much of the spotlight as he could to his teammates.

I also think the Pistons acquitted themselves admirably. No griping about the officiating following the Game 7 loss.

This was the first NBA series I have watched in many years, and I was impressed.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77
    The Spurs are a class act. Very little grandstanding, they just play basketball. They accept accolades with a lot of modesty. A very refreshing change in this day and age.

Duncan had struggled often in this series, especially at the free throw line. He came up big in Game 7, and then deflected as much of the spotlight as he could to his teammates.

I also think the Pistons acquitted themselves admirably. No griping about the officiating following the Game 7 loss.

This was the first NBA series I have watched in many years, and I was impressed.
    Has anybody else noticed that these two teams have been in contention for the last few years. You know why? They play the game right. They actually play defense, unlike most of the league. They are also well-coached and both class act teams. Even Rasheed is acting fairly level-headed. In an age where Kobe Lebron and McGrady are glorified for their offense and play no defense, I am glad the best teams are winning. I saw the other day where they asked Barkley if Lebron was as good as Michael. He said, " Are you kidding? Michael actually played defense and played it well." I thought it was funny and a sign of the times in the NBA.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    Has anybody else noticed that these two teams have been in contention for the last few years. You know why? They play the game right. They actually play defense, unlike most of the league. They are also well-coached and both class act teams. Even Rasheed is acting fairly level-headed. In an age where Kobe Lebron and McGrady are glorified for their offense and play no defense, I am glad the best teams are winning. I saw the other day where they asked Barkley if Lebron was as good as Michael. He said, " Are you kidding? Michael actually played defense and played it well." I thought it was funny and a sign of the times in the NBA.
    The Pistons and Spurs were the two best defensive teams this year, in my opinion. I loved the way game 7 was played -- every shot challenged, every rebound fought for. You earn your trip to the free throw line. I'm a Pistons fan, so while I wasn't thrilled at the outcome, I really enjoyed the game. The Pistons had a fairly average (for the NBA) offense, or at least an inconsistant one, and yet they made it to game 7. I'm hoping the Suns and Mavericks of the NBA realize there's a second half to the game, and we start seeing some balanced players and teams.

Rasheed Wallace just plays with a lot of passion. He's really toned down the crazy stuff in the last few seasons. I always enjoy Charles Barkley's comments. I just hope he wasn't too serious when he threatened to run for governor of Alabama...

Varsity Bulldog KayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around here

he wouldn't win....too many 'Bama fans to get an Auburn athlete elected

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77
    Tech77, this is not at all a comment directed at you, but i'm just stealing your words.

The thing that sucks though is that you/me/we are having to thank them for finally not bitching about the officials. For their other 3 losses, it was all the ref's faults, we're playing 8 on 5, and bullshit like that. I'd much rather them just take their lumps. I'm tired of hearing, "oh we would have won if the refs wouldn't have screwed us". Yes that even goes for Tech vs Arkansas, the refs made a mistake and the game still went away from us... well shit happens.. ya know?

Officiating is VERY difficult to master, and easily the hardest job that i've ever had. It's also very refreshing when people take the loss and don't blame it on us. The best feeling in the world to me is having the players, coaches, and fans telling me thanks, and "good job blue" when I leave the field. I take a great deal of pride in my work and hope to never stop officiating.

I feel better!! That's just something that most officials talk about behind closed doors, and I saw the chance to vent, so I took it.

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    The thing that sucks though is that you/me/we are having to thank them for finally not bitching about the officials. For their other 3 losses, it was all the ref's faults... I'm tired of hearing, "oh we would have won if the refs wouldn't have screwed us". Yes that even goes for Tech vs Arkansas, the refs made a mistake and the game still went away from us... well shit happens.. ya know?
    That's fine in the spirit of good sportsmanship, but there is a huge difference. The NBA Western Conference game officials are not paid by the Western Conference programs like in college. NBA officials are rarely fired for a questionable call. However, every season BCS officials (entire crews sometimes) are fired when a game-deciding questionable call goes in favor of a non-conference opponent. I'll be happy to point out a few examples (typically with the Big10, SEC, and Big12) when the football season gets under way.

Did you know that Danny Ford (coach at Arkansas at the time of our game) is the ONLY SEC coach to EVER file a protest with his conference against SEC game officials? That was after the win over Louisiana Tech. Do you wonder why he filed the protest?

Also, the NBA doesn't reserve 95%+ of all revenue for only 50% of the league's teams like the BCS does.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

No, I didn't know about Coach Ford filing a protest, do you have the details? I don't think that I was around at that time, I may still been in High School not caring about college yet.

I really don't know where all that came from, I just saw an opportunity to vent and took it. The sad thing is, your point about firing whole crews, is all PR. Which really sucks. I've seen alot of bad calls, but usually when we see them, they are in slow motion, and we have about 3 different camera angles to look from. In the moment, you have a split second to take in every motion, and we're not going to always get it right. I know that i've screwed up a few calls myself. In the moment, I "knew" what the call was, and after I thought about it, i picked up one something that didn't process. I've even told catchers, "hey, I missed that pitch". I do not give make up calls, one mistake is enough. Mistakes are always going to happen, and it sad when the politicians get envolved and act hastly to keep the heat off, although I pretty sure that some of those guys/crews absolutly deserved what they got.

+ Reply to Thread