+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: tom cruise insane???

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Re: tom cruise insane???

Quote Originally Posted by Beaz17
    The basic problem I have with Scientology is that it is based on the visions or teachings of one individual (Hubbard) and only one individual. By contrast, the Bible was written by multiple authors over a long period of time in history and with many different instances of God.
    the basic problem i have with scientology is that it is a load of crap that was invented by a bad scifi writer purely for his own profit.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi
    the basic problem i have with scientology is that it is a load of crap that was invented by a bad scifi writer purely for his own profit.
    From what I have read about Scientology, it looks like L. Ron kept writing scifi through his own made up religions. Stories about battles from 76 million years ago (now, Travolta's movie makes sense to me, I always wondered where that terrible movie came from) and theories on Jesus being gay with young boys. I dont know, this guy seems like a nut job, and the morons that follow him are believing his most memorable scifi novel ever.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

let me say, first of all, that i cannot vouch for the validity of the views on this website. but apparently someone wrote a book on the real l. ron hubbard and it is now published on the web. it has his bio along with links to the "official scientologist" endorsed bio. so anyway, i found it relatively interesting.

http://www.clambake.org/archive/books/bfm/bfmconte.htm

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Yeh, sik-m, I read about his book. He claims that ole L Ron said, " that f'ing kid, he is going to ruin me", when his son committed suicide. I dont know how valid it is either but his son did kill himself and I have read a lot of testimony against this cult/religion. I dont know, ex-members are pretty hard on the church. They also get tax-exempt status since they are a recognized religion.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

More on Tom Cruise...good stuff:

Katie 'Home' Schooling in the FutureMonday, June 27, 2005
    By Roger Friedman

PHOTOS

Katie 'Home' Schooling in the Future
    June 27, 2005

It remains to be seen how Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' weekend with their families went after Thursday's botched "War of the Worlds" premiere.

I would guess that at this point, Paramount and Dreamworks execs are wondering what effect, if any, the bad karma from the premiere itself, coupled with Cruise's disastrous "Today" show interview last Friday, will have on Wednesday's opening box-office numbers.

I wonder how Cruise explained to Marty and Kathy Holmes how he picked the famous Carlyle Hotel in Manhattan as the place where the new families should get to know each other.

After all, the Carlyle is where Cruise lived with Nicole Kidman and their children for months at a time during their marriage.

Certainly Cruise's kids — Holmes' prospective stepchildren — must have mentioned that at some point along the way.

The kids, Isabella, 12, and Connor, 10, might have also mentioned to their father's new in-laws-to-be that they are home-schooled, not sent to either a parochial school or a non-denominational private academy like most children of celebrities.

Indeed, Isabella and Connor Cruise, like John Travolta and Kelly Preston's kids Jett and Ella, are home-schooled with an emphasis on the works of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard.

The Cruise children are tutored by Tom's sisters Cass and Marian, who have teaching degrees. The former lives in Cruise's Beverly Hills estate; the latter lives nearby.

All three sisters, including Tom's current publicist Lee Anne De Vette, and their mother Mary, converted to Scientology from Catholicism many years ago at Tom's insistence.

Martin Holmes, Katie's attorney father, may want to vet the Scientology Code of Honor that his daughter will have to live by now that she's converting as well.

Katie, after all, is a graduate of Notre Dame Academy, an all-girls Roman Catholic high school in Toledo, Ohio. In order to join Scientology, she would be required to renounce her Catholic faith.

Cruise himself sent me a lavish package outlining Scientology at Christmastime last year after I had a lovely lunch with Lee Anne De Vette in New York.

Among the rules outlined in the Code of Honor, which was part of the package:

1. Never desert a comrade in need, in danger, or in trouble.

3. Never desert a group to which you owe your support.

5. Never need praise, approval or sympathy.

7. Never permit your reality to be alloyed.

8. Do not give or receive communication unless you desire it.

10. Your integrity to yourself is more important than your body.

11. Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today and you make your tomorrow.

12. Never fear to hurt another in a just cause.

13. Don't desire to be liked or admired.

In the meantime, Cruise will be dealing with the fallout from his Friday interview on the "Today" show. It was such a train wreck that no less than The New York Times reviewed it on Saturday.

I do think Alessandra Stanley, one of my favorite writers, did it get it a little bit wrong, however. Stanley found Cruise's ferocious meltdown refreshing because it showed him unfettered by a controlling publicist. She dismissed host Matt Lauer for not being tougher.

That's where we differ. First of all, Lauer had to deal with the fact that, in the creepiest of ways, Holmes was sitting near Cruise on the set. The director cut to her often; she looked mesmerized, with a never-ending frozen grin.

What the heck was she doing there? She looked more like a disciple than a fiancée. It was almost as if Cruise had brought her for insurance, thinking Lauer wouldn't ask him anything tough if he basked in the light of his insta-romance.

Then, Lauer — ever the gentleman — was perhaps more personally invested in this interview than I've ever seen him. As Cruise's guard dropped and he became more unwound, Lauer did not lose his cool.

To hear a major movie star, with no degree beyond high school, rant these words: "There's no such thing as a chemical imbalance," and then proceed to denounce all of psychiatry, must have been delicious for Lauer.

Yet he rightly kept his cool, even after Cruise denounced the attention-deficit-disorder treatment drugs Ritalin and Adderall as part of a dangerous conspiracy to control children's minds.

Lauer pointed out that he personally knew kids — not his own, they would be too young — who had been greatly helped by the drugs.

Lauer: But you're now telling me that your experiences with the people I know, which are zero, are more important than my experiences.

Cruise: What do you mean by that?

Lauer: You're telling me what's worked for people I know or hasn't worked for people I know. I'm telling you I've lived with these people and they're better.

Cruise: So you're advocating it.

Lauer: I am not. I'm telling you in their case, in their individual case, it worked. I am not gonna go out and say, "Get your kids on Ritalin. It's the cure-all and the end-all."

Lauer: Let me take this more general, because I think you and I can go around in circles on this for a while. And I respect your opinion. Do you want more people to understand Scientology? Would that be a goal of yours?

Cruise: You know what? Absolutely. Of course, you know.

I also know children who have benefited from taking prescribed Ritalin.

While there are pros and cons to every medication, especially for kids, it is a fact that Ritalin and other drugs used for attention deficit disorder have been widely effective in turning some bright but unfocused children into excellent students.

Cruise nearly comes apart during the Lauer interview over testing for Ritalin and Adderall.

What he may spark if he continues his personal crusade against psychiatry — he has already started a battle with Brooke Shields over her treatment for post-partum depression — is a War of the Words that he may ultimately come to regret.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

To quote a couple of lines from one of my favorite movies:

"You're f**king psyco"...... (in a melodic tone)

"Doooon't rush to a conclusion like that till all the facts are in"

Anybody name the movie and actors??????? If you get the answer right you too can learn the secrets of the sith ... uh I mean... Scientologist!!!!!! lol

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I'm wishing I had seen this interview now. I wonder if it's online somewhere.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

I am going to play devil's advocate here because I have time to do it today. I am not entirely going to defend Tom because he has let the young booty go to his head and he isn't making much sense.

I know someone very dear to me who was put on "happy Pills" when a divorce caused her to be depressed. Instead of addressing the problem that her selfishness and gambling may have been to blame for her divorce, she took the voodoo route with the pills. Now she claims that when she doesn't take them, all she can do is uncontrollably cry.

Now to the Brooke Shields and Post Partem depression (PPD) thing.

I have no idea what Brooke has said or done in the public's eye, but I am going to offer up my theory of what has transpired and I probably won't be far off the mark:

Glamour Magazine Headline: "Brooke and her depression"
    Cosmo: "Post partem depression hits Brooke, unable to have sex"
    Parenting: "Brooke faces personal delima after new baby"

Inside these magazines these women will read about Brooke's depression, the pills she took to cure that, and I am sure they will terrify these poor ladies with story of the woman who drowned her five children, etc. Then comes the quiz:

If you scored 80-100- You should see a doctor immediately, you have PPD.
    if you scored 60-80- You should still see a doctor immediately because you will develop PPD.
    If you scored 40-60- You don't have PPD, but you scored some points so you should still go see your doctor and discuss this quiz with him or her.

Brooke gets paid for her endorsment and so do the drug companies that made these pills.

Where was PPD before these pills came on the market? It was a minor issue that was dealt with and went away after a short period of time. Now it is made out to be a life or death issue and you have to take the pills to deal with.

Another story involves a person very close to me that got on these "happy pills" because she believed she had PPD. The child is a few years old now, she is still on them, can't get off of them, and has gained about 50 pounds compounding other health issues. Why? Because she was a little down after giving birth.

The problem with healthcare today, mental and Physical, is the fact that doctors will not address the real problems.

When you go to the Doctor, you get this: "You have diabetes, hypertension, high blood pressure?" "Here take these medicines, it will make it better".

When you should get this: "Get off your fat ass and do something besides stuff your face". "Try going for a walk or run instead of watching 4 hours of television a night". Diet and excercise can cure a lot of health related ills, but a doctor that prescribes this kind of medicine is one without a lot of patients and that is sad.

Like I have said before, Personal responsibility is dead in this country and we have already begun to pay the price for it. That price is only going to grow larger over time.
    Last edited by Dawgbitten; 06-28-2005 at 09:16 AM.

Bulldog veerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around here veerbone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2
    He has. Look what he did to Oprah!!!

But hey, if joining Scientology can make me a Sith Master who can shoot Force Lightning, SIGN ME UP!
    Darth Maverick in action!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    I am going to play devil's advocate here because I have time to do it today. I am not entirely going to defend Tom because he has let the young booty go to his head and he isn't making much sense.

I know someone very dear to me who was put on "happy Pills" when a divorce caused her to be depressed. Instead of addressing the problem that her selfishness and gambling may have been to blame for her divorce, she took the voodoo route with the pills. Now she claims that when she doesn't take them, all she can do is uncontrollably cry.

Now to the Brooke Shields and Post Partem depression (PPD) thing.

I have no idea what Brooke has said or done in the public's eye, but I am going to offer up my theory of what has transpired and I probably won't be far off the mark:

Glamour Magazine Headline: "Brooke and her depression"
    Cosmo: "Post partem depression hits Brooke, unable to have sex"
    Parenting: "Brooke faces personal delima after new baby"

Inside these magazines these women will read about Brooke's depression, the pills she took to cure that, and I am sure they will terrify these poor ladies with story of the woman who drowned her five children, etc. Then comes the quiz:

If you scored 80-100- You should see a doctor immediately, you have PPD.
    if you scored 60-80- You should still see a doctor immediately because you will develop PPD.
    If you scored 40-60- You don't have PPD, but you scored some points so you should still go see your doctor and discuss this quiz with him or her.

Brooke gets paid for her endorsment and so do the drug companies that made these pills.

Where was PPD before these pills came on the market? It was a minor issue that was dealt with and went away after a short period of time. Now it is made out to be a life or death issue and you have to take the pills to deal with.

Another story involves a person very close to me that got on these "happy pills" because she believed she had PPD. The child is 3 years old now, she is still on them, can't get off of them, and has gained about 50 pounds compounding other health issues. Why? Because she was a little down after giving birth.

The problem with healthcare today, mental and Physical, is the fact that doctors will not address the real problems.

When you go to the Doctor, you get this: "You have diabetes, hypertension, high blood pressure?" "Here take these medicines, it will make it better".

When you should get this: "Get off your fat ass and do something besides stuff your face". "Try going for a walk or run instead of watching 4 hours of television a night". Diet and excercise can cure a lot of health related ills, but a doctor that prescribes this kind of medicine is one without a lot of patients and that is sad.

Like I have said before, Personal responsibility is dead in this country and we have already begun to pay the price for it. That price is only going to grow larger over time.

I'll agree with you on a good bit of this. I, personally, feel there are viable alternatives to prescription drugs that could alleviate many of the health issues, both mentally and physically, we see today. Much can be said for healthy diet and exercise.

Incidentally, I found the interview on the CNN website and watched it. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I really think Tom is getting a worse rep than he deserves on this, however, I do think he show his ignorance in trying to sound like he is an expert on the subject simply because he's read some "research" and histories of psychology. I'd like to know how unbiased the research and histories he's read are. Imbalances are real. Also, he contradicts himself when he says he doesn't talk about things he doesn't know much about but before he says that he says the a person can be a Christian and a Scientologist. He obviously doesn't know much about Christianity much less Scientology if he believes that.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

I am not one for gossip, but too good to pass up on this story,

Tom Cruise Possibly Gay, Definitely Nutjob
    Just when we’ve decided to completely wash our hands of Tom Cruise and his whole Liza Minnelli/David Gest shtick, he manages to charm the pants off of us once again through some sort of Scientology-patented mind-numbing midget stare. In today’s edition: Tommy believes in aliens, is confused by sex, and may have f-ed Rob Thomas of Matchbox 20.

First up, Tom Cruise admitted that he totally believes in aliens, although he still thinks that your crazy brain doctor is just some dude trying to get you high. He told a German magazine, "Are you really so arrogant to believe we are alone in unending space? Millions of stars, and we're supposed to be the only life form? No! There are many things out there that we do not know about." The invalidity of psychiatry, of course, is not one of those things. He knows things about that. In the same German magazine Tom admitted that he’s confused by sex--at least when it’s not in the confines of a relationship. We’re guessing that Katie Holmes has similar confusions that will persist throughout her “deflowering” and “marriage”. Katie: “Is that all there is to sex, honey?” Tom: “Yes, Kate. I kiss your cheek and then the doctor reinserts your fertilized embryo and then we have a baby.” And in the God, We Hope It’s True Department: An e-mail was making the rounds yesterday (we didn’t actually receive the missive as we only get e-mail from our grandma and she’s not really up on the whole Tom and Katie thing) that claims that Tommy boy was caught in bed with adult-com superstar Rob Thomas. The e-mail claims that Thomas’s wife, Marisol, caught the two doing their best David Bowie/Mick Jagger pose and threatened to expose them and file for divorce from Thomas. There was likely a payoff for Marisol, and Tom’s flack immediately rustled up Katie Holmes to deflect rumors (look what a good job that’s done!) and allow Cruise to say, “Look at how happy and straight and vagina-loving I am!” Thomas is, of course, a Scientologist, because Tom just can’t trust those body-thetan-infected non-believers. Next up in the life of TomKat: a four-way marriage with John Travolta and Kelly Preston that will serve to promote the quartet’s sequel to Battlefield Earth.

+ Reply to Thread