+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tom cruise insane???

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Re: tom cruise insane???

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew
    I'm a big Cruise fan.... unfortunately the man has lost has is damn mind!
    He has. Look what he did to Oprah!!!

But hey, if joining Scientology can make me a Sith Master who can shoot Force Lightning, SIGN ME UP!

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

db2-

that is great

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Must say that is one of the funniest clips I have seen of Oprah ever. Many props to the creator of that!!!!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog
    It is supposed to be very hard to get out of once you get in deep. It's kind of like this ages Templars or Masons to a degree. Although it falls inbetween the realms of religion and craft.
    I am a Knights Templar (York Rite Mason), and a fez-wearing, fun-loving Shriner). I'm as active as I want to be . . . or not be.
    The only thing that keeps you in the organization is paying your dues each year. Therefore is it NOT that hard to get out. You just don't pay your dues.
    Do you have any other questions? From your post, I would venture to say you're out in left field with your analogy.
    The only thing Tom Cruise is doing is getting excellent publicity for his current movie (up until the Today Show interview, which, IMHO, borders on negative vibes for him)
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

First, the statement about being hard to get out of without being harassed was directed solely at Scientology, not Freemasonary or any ties that a particular lodge may claim to the Templars. So I wasn't saying it was hard to get out of the Masons.

Second the analogy to Masons or Templars was that there are specific degrees within Scientology which you can obtain. Kind of like Earned Apprentice, Fellow Craft and Master Mason which come under the jurisdiction of the United Grand Lodge of England.

The higher degrees of Freemasonery come from under the jurisdiction of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite Supreme Council, or the Grand Chapter of the Royal Arch which are descended from the Grand Lodge of Ireland. The GLI handed down the higher degrees before the purge of Jacobite influences. The Grand Lodge of England during the Hanoverian Reign around the time of 1745 wanted nothing to do with anything associated to the Stuart line and claim to the throne, therefore didn't recognize the higher degrees.

Of course the Mason influence in America is different, but all decended from basically either the Grand Lodge of England which owed loyalty to King George, or the Grand Lodge of Ireland who for a time still supported the Stuarts claim to the throne and the form where higher degree were obtainable.

That being said and my differentiating my original post into two seperate statements the analogy should become more understandable.

And in the spirit of Independence Day a little American Mason history:

The first documented Freemason in America is in 1682, a guy named John Skene who was a Mason from the Aberdeen lodge since 1670. There aren't any written records of American lodges until the late 1720's and specifically when Benjamin Franklin printed an article in "The Pennsylvania Gazette" on Dec 8th 1730 claiming there were several lodges in his province alone. He became a Mason 2 months later in Feb 1731 and Grand Master of Pennsylvania in 1734.

There were 9 confirmed Masons who signed the Declaration of Independence and a possible 10th.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

http://mirror.randomfoo.net/memes/20...ills_Oprah.mov

For an ever better sense of what happened.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

There were 9 confirmed Masons who signed the Declaration of Independence and a possible 10th.
    And our first president, George Washington.
    (BTW, much of the Patriot side of the Revolutionary War was planned in those masonic lodges).
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Yep,

Most all of the military leaders in early America were Masons. A lot of regiments and military units even had field lodges. Freemasonary had a very strong impact on the formation of the country.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I've recently hired a few of them to brick my house.

Scientologist????? Why would you want them to brick your house? I don't think that was a great choice, but I guess it beats getting fried by their sith lightening!!!!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Scientologist????? Why would you want them to brick your house? I don't think that was a great choice, but I guess it beats getting fried by their sith lightening!!!!
    I know........ Tom Cruise was a crappy bricker. But you should have seen what Katie Holmes was wearing!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13
    I know........ Tom Cruise was a crappy bricker. But you should have seen what Katie Holmes was wearing!

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

BTW, L. Ron Hubbard has been dead for almost a decade...and Travolta spent over $1 million to get to be enlightened!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Hubbard said one time that writing books was lucrative, but if you wanted to get rich you needed to start your own religion. Then he started Scientology. It has always amazed me that people followed him given the cynical starting point of it.

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

The basic problem I have with Scientology is that it is based on the visions or teachings of one individual (Hubbard) and only one individual. By contrast, the Bible was written by multiple authors over a long period of time in history and with many different instances of God.

+ Reply to Thread