+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Timmy Smith

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Re: Timmy Smith

I just ran a couple of basic internet searches om Bam Morris and Timmy Smith. Bam's drug arrests came up right away yet I can find nothing on Timmy Smith. While I cant be certain, I believe HD's claim is wrong. Maybe you are thinking of Ontario Smith or somebody else like Morris.

HD, you need to provide some evidence to your claim or offer an apology. I value your opinion on this board but I think you have crossed the line with your(so far) unsubstantiated claim.

Even if it is true, which I dont think it is, I dont think you should have posted it on an open forum. It serves no purpose, I dont care what the title to the thread is. You could have at least been more careful and posed your statement in the form of a question.

Prove it or apologize big boy.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Oooooo, being called out! You guys just love this stuff.

While it is true that Bam Morris (also a former Texas Tech player) is a widely known multiple drug offender, I feel confident that I've read similar "drug violation" stories about Timmy Smith in the past as well.

However, to your point, I can't PROVE it as you have requested, no more than I can prove Morris' problems either. I will certainly admit that it is possible that I may have confused some of the information (e.g., the "prison" sentence) of the two individuals involved, and IF that is the case, I do indeed sincerely apologize. But regardless, I am very comfortable allowing you and anyone else on the BB&B to think otherwise as you wish. I have no personal vendetta with T Smith or his family, and I certainly feel no need to have to "sell" you on it.

HD

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

HD,

I grew up in the Washington area and Timmy Smith was the NFL Superbowl MVP when I was a junior in H.S. in Northern Va. I lived in that area on and off for over 15 years. I remember Timmy Smith being a quiet, humble guy (who ended up in the right place at the right time during their superbowl run).

I feel confident in saying he wasnt a great player, but he wasnt a drug dealer, either. Somehow, you still "feel confident" that he committed similar crimes as Bam Morris, yet you also want to distance yourself from your statements if they are not true. Thats really lame, you cant have it both ways. Your smarter than that, HD.

As far as proving someting, a 4 year old can prove that Bam Morris is a convict. Type in Bam Morris to google and this is what you will find this and many other similar items on the front page: http://www.mugshots.net/byron_morris/

Your post is one sorry *** apology. You can dish it out but you have a real hard time taking it. Its times like this that your ego gets the best of you. I wasnt asking you to "sell" me on anything, I was asking you to do the right thing for the sake of one of our players, his family, and the integrity of this board. Its just too bad you are above all that.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    I just ran a couple of basic internet searches om Bam Morris and Timmy Smith. Bam's drug arrests came up right away yet I can find nothing on Timmy Smith. While I cant be certain, I believe HD's claim is wrong. Maybe you are thinking of Ontario Smith or somebody else like Morris.

HD, you need to provide some evidence to your claim or offer an apology. I value your opinion on this board but I think you have crossed the line with your(so far) unsubstantiated claim.

Even if it is true, which I dont think it is, I dont think you should have posted it on an open forum. It serves no purpose, I dont care what the title to the thread is. You could have at least been more careful and posed your statement in the form of a question.

Prove it or apologize big boy.
    I wasn't the one who originally made the claim but I did comment on the alleged arrest. If anyone associated with Timmy Smith gives a damn, I sincerely apologize for my comments.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Admin, just kill this thing and bury it somewhere in cyberspace.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by MADDAWGNBAMA
    No need to ignore it. Its obvious Jerry and Maury are staples in your household.
    I got your staples right here...

btw, you are extremely familiar with the afternoon talk show hosts. Are you unemployed or something??

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

According to this post (07/27/04) on the Tampa Bay Lightning message board, Timmy Smith is/was a Drug Counselor for Damaged Kids in Denver, Colorado.

http://messageboard.tampabaylightnin...36&Main=114983

"The gentleman in the pic to my left is none other than Timmy Smith of the Redskins Super Bowl Team of 1987. For those of you who don't know him, he is the Super Bowl Rushing Record Holder for a Super Bowl with 204 yards against the Broncos, when Doug Williams and Timmy crushed the Broncs 42-10. Tim was a Rookie that year, and he still jokes that his record will stand forever because since he was a Rookie, whoever breaks his record, "Has to be a Rookie". The guy is a friend of mine.
    After his Super Bowl win, Tim screwed up. He partied like a Madman, he slept with countless women in D.C., and when Joe Gibbs caught wind of it, Tim never did get his chance at a big payday. He's now a Drug Counselor for Damaged Kids in Denver Colorado. Many Seasons ago, we were sitting in a Bar, drinking beer, and scoutin skirt, like we always did, and we were watching Monday Night Football with the Skins and Dallas. Whenver these two teams hooked up on MNF, Dan Dierdorf, and Frank Gifford would always bring Timmy's name up, "I wonder what ever happened to Timmy Smith, the Rookie phenom that rushed for 204 yards in the Super Bowl?" I looked up at the TV, and sais, "He's sitting right here with me drinking beer, and scoutin skirt". We both laughed. Tim and I could get into any bar in town on the strength of his Super Bowl Ring.
    He is a great man, and he deserved better. His heart was in the right place, yet he never got another chance. He was on the Cowboys squad the year they picked Emmitt Smith, who was a holdout that year. When Emmitt signed, Timmy was out of a job again. To this day, the guy has a Magic Johnson smile, and the life of the party.
    The only difference between Timmy and Ricky Williams was that Ricky got the chance, and Timmy's chance got squashed.
    I even attempted to get Timmy back in the NFL, as we got a segment on the Sports Machine with George Michael, as a guy that deserved another chance. Never came. So I've seen both sides of the Ricky Williams incident. A guy who had it all, and got black-balled by the NFL, and Ricky who is walking away at the top of his game. I spoke to Tim about it and he says, "Sign me, I can still run". We laughed about it. He says "Good for him for walking away.....the NFL is all form over substance, and this time it bit them....the NFL drives everybody out sooner or later."

thats a far cry from dealing pounds of dope to school kids, isnt it? I can see how HD could get his story mixed up

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

From ESPN's list of Red Hot Post-season Performers:

"10. Timmy Smith, Washington Redskins, 1987
    Smith started his first game ever in the 1987 Super Bowl -- Redskins vs. Broncos -- but not too many folks were paying attention to the rookie running back. Instead, all eyes were on Doug Williams, the first African-American QB to start in the Super Bowl. Williams, himself a candidate for this list, had a great Super Bowl, but Smith had reporters thumbing madly through their press kits looking for info on Smith.

His regular-season totals: 29 rushes, 126 yards, 0 TD. His postseason: vs. Chicago at Soldier Field, 16 carries for 66 yards; vs. Minnesota in the NFC Championship Game, 13 rushes for 72 yards. So, even before the Super Bowl, he'd exceeded his season totals with two solid performances in close games. Then came the Big Game: 204 yards (a Super Bowl record) and 2 TDs on just 22 carries."

Cannot find any mention anywhere of Timmy Smith doing drugs. Other than the fact he is a Drug Counselor for Children, o.c. ??
    Last edited by nadB; 07-05-2005 at 12:53 AM.

Varsity Bulldog MADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg
    I got your staples right here...

btw, you are extremely familiar with the afternoon talk show hosts. Are you unemployed or something??
    Anytime you want to show me those "staples" I've got a tasty knuckle sandwich for you to enjoy, Numbnuts!!!

I work harder than your lame A** ever has or ever will. That is why I don't spend time trying to slander the parents of our student athletes.
    ________
    XL175
    Last edited by MADDAWGNBAMA; 02-16-2011 at 03:40 PM.

Varsity Bulldog scubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nice scubbdog's Avatar

Anytime you want to show me those "staples" I've got a tasty knuckle sandwich for you to enjoy, Numbnuts!!!

I work harder than your lame A** ever has or ever will. That is why I don't spend time trying to slander the parents of our student athletes.
    I'm not trying to get in the middle of this or start anything new I just wanted to tell MADDAWGNBAMA that I enjoy that he used the phrase "knuckle sandwich" it made my morning!

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scubbdog
    I'm not trying to get in the middle of this or start anything new I just wanted to tell MADDAWGNBAMA that I enjoy that he used the phrase "knuckle sandwich" it made my morning!
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Easy now MADDAWG...you have resorted to making Springer and Povich (both of whom you seem all to familiar) accusations and now threatening to serve me a "knuckle sandwich." I get it now...Springer, Povich, fighting,...white trash. You don't happen to live in a trailer over there in 'Bama do you??

Varsity Bulldog MADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around hereMADDAWGNBAMA has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg
    Easy now MADDAWG...you have resorted to making Springer and Povich (both of whom you seem all to familiar) accusations and now threatening to serve me a "knuckle sandwich." I get it now...Springer, Povich, fighting,...white trash. You don't happen to live in a trailer over there in 'Bama do you??
    Better yet 1L, I'm not even white or as us intellectuals put it caucasian. Not only am I not "white trash" as you so eloquently put it, I don't live in a trailer(MichiganDawg can vouch for that). I do welcome all ethnic origins to my home though and any proud non-slanderous supporter of Louisiana Tech is a friend of mine.

Nor do I slander the parents of our student athletes(I know I've said it before, but I'm beginning to think you are kinda slow too).
    ________
    YAMAHA DT200
    Last edited by MADDAWGNBAMA; 02-16-2011 at 03:40 PM.

Better yet 1L, I'm not even white or as us intellectuals put it caucasian. Not only am I not "white trash" as you so eloquently put it, I don't live in a trailer(MichiganDawg can vouch for that). I do welcome all ethnic origins to my home though and any proud non-slanderous supporter of Louisiana Tech is a friend of mine.

Nor do I slander the parents of our student athletes(I know I've said it before, but I'm beginning to think you are kinda slow too).
    Slander means a false, ORAL statement. Written, false statements are known as libel. Actually, HD made the potentially libelous statement. I simply commented on it. So, since I am not a slander-er and am a proud supporter of Tech, am I a friend of yours?? If you still want to serve me a knuckle sandwich though, I will gladly give you my address. I am not hard to find or recognize...I am about 5'11", weighing about 180, and have three legs.

+ Reply to Thread