+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Now we have to worry about Afghanistan again

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Now we have to worry about Afghanistan again

I played HS baseball with this guy and his brother. Dont be surprised to see things go down hill in Afghanistan.

http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2005/072005/07012005/111741

Two points;

1. This was his 6th trip back and forth to that God Forsaken place within the last 4 years. That really bothers me. Now, we lose 16 more special forces. Those types of soldiers are VERY, VERY hard to replace. In fact, at this point in the "war" they are damn near irreplaceable. This is only going to strain things to the breaking point.

Read what his father (whom I remember to be a very soft-spoken, conservative man) said.

2. "I just wish we could have kept assets in Afghanistan in order to get [the Taliban], instead of diverting them to Iraq," said Russell's father. "If we're not careful, we're going to lose Iraq, too."

The 4th of July is my birthday. I certainly dont feel much like celebrating. I have blasted Bush for his mistakes but now I'm getting really, really worried. If we dont do something soon to change things drastically over there, we are going to lose control of the ENTIRE middle east.

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Re: Now we have to worry about Afghanistan again

Alta,

I don't know the extent of your relationship with the soldier but I am truly sorry for the loss. God bless his family.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdawg
    Alta,

I don't know the extent of your relationship with the soldier but I am truly sorry for the loss. God bless his family.
    Thank you. I was much closer with his brother Lee, we graduated together. Michael was always around but hung in a different crowd, you know how it is with seniors and sophomores. I hadn't seen them for about 10 years. The whole family are really good people.

Im going to track down some addresses so I can send them my condolences.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    Now, we lose 16 more special forces. Those types of soldiers are VERY, VERY hard to replace. In fact, at this point in the "war" they are damn near irreplaceable.
    Makes all our discussions of our problems at Tech totally insignificant in comparison. Please pray for the families of the victims in this tragedy.

Just for information, we had a lot of discussions about SOF in my war college class this year. It is accepted within the military that it takes about 10 years to fully train a soldier to be a qualified Spec Ops warrior. Not only does he need a lot of very specialized training, but field experience as well. As Alta pointed out, we are not able to replace these troops anytime soon...

To make matters worse, we are now searching for a "small" group of special forces that were on the ground in the area of the Copter crash at the same time. They havent been heard from since. I'm afraid to say it sounds like they may have been ambushed.

I just hope that it is indeed a small group. It is not unusual for a second incedent related to the first to be downplayed for some time. Damage control, as it is commonly refered to.

Speculation of course. Perhaps they are being held hostage, although that is really unlikely, that is not the Taliban's M.O.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Article on the pilot of the 47 that was shot down.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/colum...ian&id=2098632

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdawg
    Alta,

Amen.

This is very sad.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Our prayers go out to this family and all those families with loved ones protecting our freedoms.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    Our prayers go out to this family and all those families with loved ones protecting our freedoms.
    amen

+ Reply to Thread