+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can Lance get a 7th straight Tour win?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Can Lance get a 7th straight Tour win?

Quote Originally Posted by nadB
    B.S., B.S., B.S.; Lance is a WINNER

According to my sister (she has lived in downtown Austin for years) who follows cycling, the wife was running around on Lance; and, that's what caused the split. I wouldn't know and don't actually care. However, I'll believe my sister's version unless you can prove otherwise. :icon_wink
    Lance is a winner, there's no doubt about that. I can't prove anything, but I know that in my Austin relative's circles, he's not thought of too highly.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Well, I know what my definition of the above quoted term, and he fits in my book. His kids go to school with my nephew and most folks there agree.
    Johnny, you are above this.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    Johnny, you are above this.
    Sorry to disappoint you DB. I don't have to love Lance, I don't have to love cycling. He's quite an outspoken atheist and I don't have to like that either. You're free to feel otherwise, but you probably won't change my mind about ole Lance.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB
    B.S., B.S., B.S.; Lance is a WINNER

According to my sister (she has lived in downtown Austin for years) who follows cycling, the wife was running around on Lance; and, that's what caused the split. I wouldn't know and don't actually care. However, I'll believe my sister's version unless you can prove otherwise. :icon_wink
    Lance's ex-wife, Kristen, is far superior in the looks department to Sheryl Crowe. Now that is a fact, Jack!

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Well, his personal life is his personal life, I could care less. I am talking about him calling out his team on the camera. Some may think it appropriate what he said, and others (like me) think otherwise. He said my team left me unprotected today and by myself, I cant have that etc. The other stuff wasnt that bad, but to call them out and blame them is pretty low-down on TV. It is no different than any other team sport where one guy elevates himself above the team and rips them. Since it is Lance, people will turn the other cheek because he is an American "hero".

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Sorry to disappoint you DB. I don't have to love Lance, I don't have to love cycling. He's quite an outspoken atheist and I don't have to like that either. You're free to feel otherwise, but you probably won't change my mind about ole Lance.
    That is bullshit too. He is not a religious person, that much is true, but he has never said he was an atheist. Please start offering proof.

By the way, my Austin circles of Kdaniel72 and Austindawg said Lance is cool and everyone thinks highly of him. So there!

That is bullshit too. He is not a religious person, that much is true, but he has never said he was an atheist. Please start offering proof.
    Okay DB, I'll fax you the napkin he signed for me clearly stating he's an atheist...okay? I don't like him. Get over it. He did call his team out and that's chicken sh!t. Plain and simple. My dislike for him started long before I knew anything about his personal life. I don't like his attitude. I can't prove to you that he is an atheist any more than you can prove to me that he's not.

By the way, my Austin circles of Kdaniel72 and Austindawg said Lance is cool and everyone thinks highly of him. So there!
    okay buddy, you're right. You're two friends speak for all of Austin. I'm hurring to get in line to kiss his butt...save me a spot mkay.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Actually, I think his book touches on his beliefs and you can deduct that he doesnt believe in God of Christians, at least. He says something like "if there is a God at the end of my days, I hope he wouldnt send me to hell for not being a Christian". I think the word if is good enough reason to believe he is an atheist or agnostic (spelling?) which is really atheists in denial. That is all besides the point though. I also know that he employs his team through a company he owns. So, he is kind of their boss which makes me see why he might call them out, and why he has a strained relationship with some of his past riders. At the same time, it is hard to mix sports and business and not get a messed up result. I defer to all pro sports to rest my case on that statement.

You guys feel free to cheer for Lance, that's fine. I don't care. I think he's an amazing athlete. I think he's the best cyclist of all time. That's great. I don't happen to like him, and that's okay. The sun will come up tomorrow and all will be right with the world.

And to answer the question posed by the thread, yes, I think he will win his 7th straight tour.

Shouldn't Christians try to change his mind about his beliefs instead of judging, spreading rumors, and criticizing him on a Sports message board?

Shouldn't Christians try to change his mind about his beliefs instead of judging, spreading rumors, and criticizing him on a Sports message board?
    Sure. Next time I see him, I'll be sure to witness to him.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

It has to be the most extreme case for me not to support an athlete that represents our country. (Williams sisters) I wouldn't be Lance's friend, but I think I can still be a fan.

+ Reply to Thread