+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NCAA '06 Comin' Out!

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: NCAA '06 Comin' Out!

I finally finished a game. I smoked Kansas 58-14. One of those TDs was a Barry Robertson INT that he returned for a TD. I don't know about ya'll.. but when I try to throw to Holland, I get a LOT of interceptions on the game. It was frustrating me even though I was kicking the crap out of them. My secondary was rockin' and Santiago had 3 sacks and I don't remember how many tackles.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7
    I finally finished a game. I smoked Kansas 58-14. One of those TDs was a Barry Robertson INT that he returned for a TD. I don't know about ya'll.. but when I try to throw to Holland, I get a LOT of interceptions on the game. It was frustrating me even though I was kicking the crap out of them. My secondary was rockin' and Santiago had 3 sacks and I don't remember how many tackles.
    I'm just wondering, because they've never showed ole Dez much love...is he starting on the video game?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

fa shizzle.. He's pretty good too(if I remember correctly.. I'm at work now). The main thing to get used to on the game is the tackling is much harder now. You gotta be dead on to get someone now. If you just come from a bad angle and press the "I shall now tackle thee!" button, no dice. The AI actually sorta knows how to run the ball now too. Kansas couldn't hardly throw on me but they did get some decent rushing yards on me. Play someone with good RBs like North Texas and it's a pain in the rear because of how hard it is to tackle and those guys are both "impact players" or whatever, so they kind of screw you over sometimes. You have to nail one of them with Barry since he's the "impact" LB.

Big Dog #1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears #1techfan's Avatar

fa shizzle.. He's pretty good too(if I remember correctly.. I'm at work now). The main thing to get used to on the game is the tackling is much harder now. You gotta be dead on to get someone now. If you just come from a bad angle and press the "I shall now tackle thee!" button, no dice. The AI actually sorta knows how to run the ball now too. Kansas couldn't hardly throw on me but they did get some decent rushing yards on me. Play someone with good RBs like North Texas and it's a pain in the rear because of how hard it is to tackle and those guys are both "impact players" or whatever, so they kind of screw you over sometimes. You have to nail one of them with Barry since he's the "impact" LB.
    Yeah I've noticed how much harder the tackling is in 2006. But in all I really like the game. My question is, if you are doing the Heisman Race after the first year or second year can you change conferences like you can in the Dynast mode? I really like the love that they gave to our players. I don't ever have trouble throwing it to ol' #7, Johnathon Holland, he's a hoss and catches almost anything I throw to him and Freddie Franklin is awesome on the game. They did make Dez pretty good on the game and Byron is awesome. I really like playing this new NCAA. WE need to get on Xbox Live and play some games against each other.

I actually have problems with Holland on the game for some reason. I still want to call him Stonehands. However... I think I had over 100 yards passing to him anyway in the last game even with like FIVE picks that were a little ridiculous. I think only one of those INTs was a dumb decision. Another one was a bad pass by Kubik.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

I almost had a rocky beginning. Florida drove on me at will on the first drive and scored. Then I had to punt back to them deep in their territory. Things were looking bad until none other than Barry Robertson sacked the QB Leak, injuring him and knocking him out of the game. From that point on, it was over. I dominated!

Big Dog #1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears #1techfan's Avatar

I actually have problems with Holland on the game for some reason. I still want to call him Stonehands. However... I think I had over 100 yards passing to him anyway in the last game even with like FIVE picks that were a little ridiculous. I think only one of those INTs was a dumb decision. Another one was a bad pass by Kubik.
    Well once I finished the Utah St. game Holland had broken the NCAA receiving record by like 200 yards. I don't have any problem passing with Holland. I don't have many problems with Freddie my only problem is my linebackers, other than Byron they just aren't doing too well.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew
    I think its about time you played on a harder level......lol.
    You say that but then Utah state beat me by seven. Whats up with that. Good thing I have the old reset button.

Yeah well, when I started playin' I had problems with NT for some stupid reason, but mainly because Kubik couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. It was a fluke game though, 'cause I lit it up the next time. I honestly think that ratings aside.. Freddie King is the best WR on the team on the game. He's my go-to guy, especially on some routes running across the middle. Otherwise, I like to hit Newman sneaking around the wide guy on the strong side and taking off up the sidelines UNCOVERED. It works well to swap the the package to create a mis-match.. GOD I love this game! I wanna play it sooo bad, can't wait to get home. I know where my weekend's going! GF at a convention in downtown N.O.... so I get some peace and lotsa football. LOL. I'm addicted!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

alright, you guys gotta cool it. If I got buy this game, my wife's gonna kill me. But, I just don't know if I can resist.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Well, lightnin, I got Caberla's Dangerous Hunts if you want to come over and play without spending money. Maybe that can hold you over until you get some more cash flow.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

It's a fantastic game just pretty freakin hard if you play on All-American or higher. I know people who dominated the other games yet are struggling with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    Well, lightnin, I got Caberla's Dangerous Hunts if you want to come over and play without spending money. Maybe that can hold you over until you get some more cash flow.
    Well ya see huss, if I get it and don't tell her about it, she won't be able to tell that it's new. Get it from walmart, so that's all that shows up on the bill...oh yeah!

Big Dog DeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud of DeepGreen's Avatar

Play someone with good RBs like North Texas and it's a pain in the rear because of how hard it is to tackle and those guys are both "impact players" or whatever, so they kind of screw you over sometimes. You have to nail one of them with Barry since he's the "impact" LB.
    You mean like Jamario Thomas? From a Fort Worth Star Telegram Article. Great exposure for North Texas.

>>More than one way to animation

By RAY BUCK, Star-Telegram Staff Writer
    July 15, 2005

DENTON - Strictly hearsay turned to virtual reality for Jamario Thomas on Thursday.

The University of North Texas running back caught his first glimpse of an EA Sports Web site promotion of the hottest, new video game to hit the racks this week: NCAA Football '06.

The 14-second clip shows a 3-D animation of Thomas -- No. 20 for the Mean Green -- taking a pitchout, scampering left, then making a nifty cutback to beat a New Mexico State defender to the end zone.

Touchdown!

"It's fun to see. It gets your name out there, basically," said Thomas, who is unpretentious and exceedingly polite, right down to his "yes sirs" and "no sirs."

The 20-year-old sophomore is EA Sports' running back "demo," created to show PlayStation and Xbox users how to set up so-called Impact Players for the game.

It may seem like an unusual show of recognition for someone who doesn't play football at a BCS school.

The quarterback demo for NCAA Football '06 uses a 3-D animation of UT's Vince Young, who runs a trademark keeper play on the instructional clip.

But, on second thought, Thomas does deserve the honor. Or gesture. Or whatever you want to call it.

He led the nation in rushing last season as a true freshman with a 189.9-yard average.

NCAA Football '06, which debuted Tuesday and is expected to exceed last year's sales of more than 1.5 million copies, has added several new twists, including a way to improve the effectiveness of a player through workouts.

His friends and family members call him to say, "Hey, I'm playing you right now. You got good speed, man!"

Thomas tells them to have fun. Personally, he doesn't plan to buy NCAA Football '06. His favorite video games involve shooting and ducking, not juking and running.

"I play football," Thomas said. "I really don't like sport video games that much."

He prefers Halo 2, a combat-style video game in which powerful aliens threaten "the destruction of the human race," and must be stopped.

Quite unlike the promo for NCAA Football '06, which reads: "You start out as a freshman nobody and build a career that will put you in place to be the next Heisman Trophy winner!"

That already fits Thomas to a capital T in real life.

Patrick Cobbs was supposed to be the Mean Green's workhorse runner last season. He was the 2003 NCAA rushing champion (152.7) as a junior.

But a broken thumb and a sprained left knee in Week 2 ended Cobbs' 2004 season, so he used a medical redshirt to give himself another season of eligibility for '05.

Unlike Thomas, Cobbs is a NCAA Football '06 diehard. Four hours at the controls are nothing.

Each has been given a 90 rating for the new video game. Thomas holds an edge in speed, Cobbs an edge in awareness. Otherwise, they're considered even by the researchers at EA Sports.

"I'm kind of surprised nothing got marked off me," Cobbs said. "I was a 90 last year. I'm a 90 this year. That makes me feel good."

Thomas was a 79 entering his freshman season.

As teammates, Thomas and Cobbs are close. As for their tastes in video games, they couldn't be more different.

Thomas is strictly Xbox. Cobbs is PlayStation 2.

Cobbs prefers NCAA Football '06 to everything else, including Madden NFL. He had his $49.99 ready to spend as soon as it hit the store shelves on Tuesday.

Sure, he could have spent that same money on a season pass to Six Flags Over Texas, plus a light lunch.

Or a mezzanine seat for any weekday performance of Godspell at Bass Hall.

Or a club-box seat to a Rangers-Yankees game at Ameriquest Field next week, with just enough money left over for a hotdog and a soft drink.

But NCAA Football '06 will give him 12 months of entertainment pleasure.

"Fifty bucks. Definitely, it's worth it," Cobbs said.

For the video game, he has created a player named Patrick Cobbs who plays wide receiver for Southern Cal.

"Wide receiver," Cobbs explained, "because it's an easier skill to reach a high score while I'm getting used to the game."

USC, of course, because the Trojans are vying for a third straight national championship.

Thomas, who chose North Texas over Arizona State and Mississippi State, quickly came onto the real-life NCAA football scene out of Longview Springhill High School. He has added 23 pounds of muscle since last season.

He said that being selected demo man for NCAA Football '06 "may help people realize that North Texas has a good football program, with good coaching. It's the system," Thomas said.

Neither Thomas nor Cobbs expects any problems in sharing the workload at running back.

"It's up to Patrick ... whatever he wants," said Thomas, the underclassman.

"No matter how it works out, it'll be OK with me," said Cobbs. "We'll both have a lot more energy because of each other, and that will help us more than hurt us."

Spoken like true teammates.

Spoken like a pair of 90s.

SNAP! I gotta get a new intake manifold put in my car after work... I gotta wait longer before I can play the game. Good thing it's a mechanic friend of mine doing it that is a couple blocks down the street. I sure as hell ain't puttin' that in the car. It was enough figuring out that was the problem as it is.

When I get home, it's GAME TIME!!!!

+ Reply to Thread