+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mr. Grumpgut from Mississippi State

Bulldog MattEE has turned a few heads around hereMattEE has turned a few heads around hereMattEE has turned a few heads around hereMattEE has turned a few heads around hereMattEE has turned a few heads around here MattEE's Avatar

Angry Mr. Grumpgut from Mississippi State

Hello everyone. I have been lurking out there and reading the threads and counting the seconds until football season. Well anyway, I have a little story from work that I find funny and bewildering at the same time. So here goes, and if this thread should be moved somewhere else please do so.
    I am a very recent graduate in electrical engineering May '05. I was very lucky to find a very good job at a utility. No names are needed let's say it starts with Enter and ends with gy. Anyhow, the fella I am replacing went to MSU in starkville. Not a bad school in my opinion and I have found most of their engineers to be knowledgable and friendly. But not this guy, I have found out as of late that he does not respect TECH engineers. This guy somehow feels we are not up to par with the astronomical standards they observe in Fartville sorry starkville. It is worth noting that out of about 25 engineers at our facility about 5 are from starkville, 5 are from LSU, and 12 are from TECH. And all of the engineers in me and Mr. Grumpgut's group went to TECH besides Grumpgut himself. Just curious how prevalent the envy or whatever is in the workplace for fellow alums. But screw Mr. Grumpgut I got my new TECH pennant in the mail today and it matches my watch, class ring, and backgroung pretty damn well. So in conclusion let me say sorry for going on so long.

AND GO DAWGS!!!

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Re: Mr. Grumpgut from Mississippi State

Shove a cowbell up his a$$ and shut him up!
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar

Thumbs Up Re: Mr. Grumpgut from Mississippi State

Congratulations, Matt - for graduating and for getting a good job. You will find quite a few EE's from Tech as you travel through life. I had a very satisfying career, and enjoyed almost every minute of it. A Tech degree has been a blessing for me, and opened up a lot of doors. What happens once the door is open is up to you. Make the best of any situation, and GO FOR IT!!!

Congratulations again, and hope to see you at one of the games. If you get to a home game, you'll find my motor home parked in the West JAS parking lot, close to the TAC. Stop by if you see us there. We'll be there the entire month of October, watching practice and the 4 home games. Also plan on taking the team charter to Reno.

TD
    ~~

aka Ross Harper
    BSEE '64

Bulldog MattEE has turned a few heads around hereMattEE has turned a few heads around hereMattEE has turned a few heads around hereMattEE has turned a few heads around hereMattEE has turned a few heads around here MattEE's Avatar

Thumbs Up Re: Mr. Grumpgut from Mississippi State

Thanks for the invite Mr. Harper. I will definetly be at all the home games. I hope to stop in a visit with you and your wife. I am in debt to folks like you who came out of TECH and gave it such a good reputation. So thanks and look very much foward to seeing you in the fall.

Matt Bellott

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

one question Matt...

WHAT IN THE WORLD TOOK YOU LONG TO START POSTING?!?!?! haha welcome here.

Matthew Doc Weiland

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by MattEE
    Hello everyone. I have been lurking out there and reading the threads and counting the seconds until football season. Well anyway, I have a little story from work that I find funny and bewildering at the same time. So here goes, and if this thread should be moved somewhere else please do so.
    I am a very recent graduate in electrical engineering May '05. I was very lucky to find a very good job at a utility. No names are needed let's say it starts with Enter and ends with gy. Anyhow, the fella I am replacing went to MSU in starkville. Not a bad school in my opinion and I have found most of their engineers to be knowledgable and friendly. But not this guy, I have found out as of late that he does not respect TECH engineers. This guy somehow feels we are not up to par with the astronomical standards they observe in Fartville sorry starkville. It is worth noting that out of about 25 engineers at our facility about 5 are from starkville, 5 are from LSU, and 12 are from TECH. And all of the engineers in me and Mr. Grumpgut's group went to TECH besides Grumpgut himself. Just curious how prevalent the envy or whatever is in the workplace for fellow alums. But screw Mr. Grumpgut I got my new TECH pennant in the mail today and it matches my watch, class ring, and backgroung pretty damn well. So in conclusion let me say sorry for going on so long.

AND GO DAWGS!!!
    Matt, I work with quite a few MS State folks, and it does seem like they have more than their fair share of folks that look down upon graduates of any other school. I had one guy comparing MS State to Harvard and MIT the other day. You got a great education--be proud of it. Congrats on the job!

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattEE

AND GO DAWGS!!!
    The bookstore or TAGS need to have a nice T-shirt for sale that reads

"My BOSS is a Louisiana Tech Alumni"

I know it would be great fun for many supervisors to buy and give them to employees for a nice joke. I bet they would sell pretty fast.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

i'm a fairly recent grad (01) and working at a papermill in mississippi, i work with a lot of ms state grads. i have not known them to be disrespectful or condescending in any way. most of them seem pretty humble and know that they have received an inferior education.:icon_wink my boss is a great guy, and quite competent, who has two degrees from state (petroleum and mechanical eng.). folks here have respect for Tech, despite the overwhelming number of staters, because they have respect for Tech alums who have worked here before. as for mr. grumpgut, i'm sure he just feels intimidated by the superior minds working all around him, so he lashes out in the only way he knows how.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdawg
    The bookstore or TAGS need to have a nice T-shirt for sale that reads

"My BOSS is a Louisiana Tech Alumni"

I know it would be great fun for many supervisors to buy and give them to employees for a nice joke. I bet they would sell pretty fast.
    My boss would love that. As a Tech alum, I think I would enjoy it too. Someone needs to make this happen!!!

I had to work with Mr. Grumpgut yesterday. And I might have misjudged him. Actually he does respect TECH, but some of the interns we have had from there have not impressed him and me for that matter. I am happy to find this out because I have to work with him and that is why I am at work to get things done. Regardless of where they went to school. The other folks from state are generally pretty good about stuff at work. Now Aggies that's a whole different deal.

+ Reply to Thread