+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best in Louisiana

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Best in Louisiana

Hey, I found this ESPN poll over on an LSU board. We need more Tech votes!! I noticed they put Karl Malone as a football player though, go figure. Anyway, get in there and push us up the list!

Best in Louisiana

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Best in Louisiana

tough to compete with those tiggers. I voted, but I'm not sure I made a dent.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I voted.

Interesting how no colleges other than LSU and Louisiana Tech were mentioned, save for a couple of references to the traditionally black colleges, Grambling and Southern, and that was mostly regarding their rivalry. (By the way, I voted the Grambling-Southern game as the best rivalry.)

HD

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

i tried to vote saints and grambling if i couldnt vote tech. tulane sucks!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Had to vote Pistol Pete with the best collegiate career -

Remember he did what he did when FRESHMEN were ineligible and no one has come CLOSE to touching it -

Was split between Bradshaw and Malone - Bradshaw's rings or the Mailman being the best ever at his position? - went with the rings and being the top draft choice -

Best moment was Warren Morris's homerun - nothing else on the list compared with the dramatic -

Best place to watch a sporting event? should have had Old Tulane Stadium (Sugar Bowl) on the list - went with Tiger Stadium - hate the Tigers all you want but its a magical place on a late October Saturday nite -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Dwayne, who was your favorite rivalry?

HD

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Grambling vs Southern -

I really feel this has to be one of the top 10 rivalries in all of college footbal - regardless of class -

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Grambling vs Southern -

I really feel this has to be one of the top 10 rivalries in all of college footbal - regardless of class -
    I agree. The Indy Bowl would be wise to host that game.

I still believe a Tech vs Grambling game would be fun. Sure, we'd kill 'em, but it would probably fill the house.

HD

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    I still believe a Tech vs Grambling game would be fun. Sure, we'd kill 'em, but it would probably fill the house.

HD
    I think it would be SRO with people on the hillsides and the toughest ticker EVER for a TECH event -

NwSt will play them next year in Shreveport and while they should pop 25,000 it wouldn't come close to the excitement generated between us and Grambling -

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

I agree about the fact that Tech and LSU are the only colleges mentioned, except the Grambling and Southern rivalry..... This speaks volumes about the SunBelt doesn't it?? I wonder what Tulane thinks about this?

I also voted for the Grambling/Southern thing!

DFiH

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

Ya'll do know that the poll lets you vote more than once....

As for "Best Louisiana College Career", I can't believe that Tommy Casanova was left off the list. Casanova was a 3-time All-American DB at LSU between 1970 and 1972. Seems like a huge oversight for him to not make the Top 13 list.

I voted for Rattay. In my opinion, nobody was better over a 3-year period, and I think Rattay's NATIONAL ranking as the #3 all time NCAA passer proves it. He did in 3 years what others couldn't do in 4 years.

Yeah, Maravich was unbelieveable.......but his dad was coaching him, so Pistol Pete got to do things (take shots) that most other players wouldn't. That changes the equation for me.

HD

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

HD , who did you vote for in Texas' most memorable moment? I voted for Nolan Ryan's 7th no-hitter at age 44.

Big Dog #1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears #1techfan's Avatar

I think the hardest one to decide on was the Best Homegrown product. It was hard to decide between Bradshaw and Malone. I had to go with Bradshaw though. We need to get a lot of ppl on here voting and get Tech stuff up.

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

It's nice to see that some folks outside of the motherland view it as a 2 college state. Very cool that is was just us and LSU listed. I was also pleasantly surprised to see Rattay doing that well. We all know how mind-bogglingly awesome he was, but usually most people outside Tech don't.

+ Reply to Thread