+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best in Louisiana

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Re: Best in Louisiana

I voted for Karl as best homegrown and Rattay for best college career.
    Go Tech!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Saints vs. Falcons should be a choice.

And no one had a better college career than Denny Duron, although people don't know it.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    Saints vs. Falcons should be a choice.
    That's definitely the one I was looking for.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I agree, DFM.
    tulane stadium!
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2005 Bowl Confidence Contest Champion LaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the rough LaTechRandy's Avatar

Ditto on the Pistol! I would have loved to pick Tim, but honestly there was no better collegian than Pete!

How could they not have Ole Miss vs. LSU as one of the rivalries?

Grambling's Stadium????give me a break!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Had to vote Pistol Pete with the best collegiate career -

Remember he did what he did when FRESHMEN were ineligible and no one has come CLOSE to touching it -

Was split between Bradshaw and Malone - Bradshaw's rings or the Mailman being the best ever at his position? - went with the rings and being the top draft choice -

Best moment was Warren Morris's homerun - nothing else on the list compared with the dramatic -

Best place to watch a sporting event? should have had Old Tulane Stadium (Sugar Bowl) on the list - went with Tiger Stadium - hate the Tigers all you want but its a magical place on a late October Saturday nite -

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I guess Karl didnt have that good of a collegiate career, what is up with that? He was on the best homegrown, but not on the best LA collegiate careers.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

It was good, very good but not great -

The Pistol had a GREAT colliegate career - it was PHENOMENAL - went on to score over 25,000 pts on the pro level but never quite lived up to what he did in college - booze had a lot to do with it -

Rattay had a GREAT 3 years -

Malone had a GOOD sophmore year and then had a break-out junior year (Final Year) - but he gradually improved each and every year in the pros until he was the best ever at his position and would have TWO rings if not for a man named Jordan - Malone literally could not hit much more than a dunk when he left Tech and could NOT hit 50% from the FT line -

Mike Greene had a much more great and SPECTACULAR collegiate career than Malone -

Surprised me Brian Mitchell wasn't on the list from USL - I still think he is the only college QB to avg 1,000 rushing & 1,000 passing each year for his career - but Tech always seemed to give him problems -

I also agree with HD on Tommy Casanova - he had a GREAT colleigate career -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Grambling vs Southern -

I really feel this has to be one of the top 10 rivalries in all of college footbal - regardless of class -
    I would put it number 1 nationally. I know families that don't talk to each other during that week. There is NO other game as important to a team's fans as the Classic. Especially not on that list.

And I also feel very strongly that Roaf had the best career as a Saint hands down.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Nationally?!?!? No way I could put it up there. The GSU-SU rivalry is WAY behind the Army-Navy game and the damn Yanks - Sox. I (personally) would even have to go as far as saying the Celtics and the sLAcKERS. Some other notables would be Michigan - Ohio State, Pistons - Bulls, Tech - UL's.. hehe. I would place it in the top 5, but i just don't think many care about the actual game, more the battle of the dancing instrumentalist.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    I agree, DFM.
    tulane stadium!
    tm
    Just for you T-mo

Circa 1960...

''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread