+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: from College football news

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Thumbs Up from College football news

I am a Louisiana Tech fan and student. One major problem I see with our athletics is the geographic disparity we face as a member of the WAC. Our closest opponent in the new WAC is New Mexico State. They are a full state away (and a Texas away not Mississippi). Do you think this disadvantages the Bulldogs in any way? What would be a good solution - beg to be in Conference USA, drop to the dearth of the Sunbelt, go independent? We almost made it into Conference USA last year, but UTEP received the final spot. I just think being in the WAC inhibits our ability to compete with schools that may fuel more of a competitive fervor at Tech. If we were in CUSA Tulane would make a natural rival and Southern Miss, Rice, SMU, Memphis, and UAB aren't so far away that it prevents Tech fans from traveling. Hope this interests you considering the WAC is not powerhouse and the Bulldogs haven't been too great in it here lately. – Eric

A: First of all, don’t sell Louisiana Tech short in recent WAC history. It played a brutal schedule last year with Miami, Tennessee and Auburn and still finished a respectable 6-6. There was a WAC title in 2001. I have no idea why Tech can’t get into Conference USA and would make the league stronger. Forget about the Sun Belt, and being an independent means there’s no shot of ever going to a bowl game. The Mountain West would be a decent option now that TCU is in the league, but there’s still a geographic issue.

Big Dog #1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears #1techfan's Avatar

Re: from College football news

I totally agree. I think that we can make it into CUSA in the near future. We have a really good chance b/c there has been talks of Memphis leaving the CUSA which would really help us out. I know that if we were in the CUSA I know that me and a bunch of my friends would be traveling to a number of games each football season. We would make a natural rival with Tulane, you are correct and I know that many people would make that trip each year that we play them. Taking a step down into the Belt is a BAD idea and being in the WAC does put us at a geographical disadvantage but we took what we could get when we could move conferences and now I think it is time for a new move and CUSA is a great fit for us. I think that CUSA is only going to improve in the future and we need to get in there now so we can benefit from their improvements. But not only are we at a disadvantage, we also put other schools, especially Hawaii at a taveling disadvantage, which could in turn work in our favor. But I agree I think we need to work hard at getting into CUSA, whatever needs to be done to make that jump we need to do ASAP. And I totally agree going Ind. would not favor us in anyway b/c that kills the Bowl chances, as you said. In all I think that change needs to be made and we need to get into CUSA.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

While I did not send that question to cfn i believe it is something we have all addressed on this board many times. The only way we make it to cusa is to fix our facilities I truly believe that this and of course attendance that is holding us back. We just need a little vision and we would be on to something great at Tech.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Thanks for posting bluecrew. I think it's good to get an outsider's perspective. I guess we're all a little too close to the situation to see things in a truly objective light.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew
    While I did not send that question to cfn i believe it is something we have all addressed on this board many times. The only way we make it to cusa is to fix our facilities I truly believe that this and of course attendance that is holding us back. We just need a little vision and we would be on to something great at Tech.
    I agree that facilities are a big issue, particularly when it comes to jockeying for a position in a superior conference. With that being said, our current budget just does not allow for us to spend a significant amount on facilities improvements. A large portion of this is due to the travel expenses associated with the WAC. If and when our WAC revenue credits drop off, we will be more financially strained than we are now.

We must increase our budget (hopefully through this recently launched "plan") in order to provide the funds for facilities improvements. I think the WAC gives us the best shot at getting into CUSA. However, it hinders our ability to fund our facilities. I despise the thought of going back to the Belt though.

I think that this year is VERY important. We have a favorable schedule with a good shot a a bowl game. We need some positive things to happen for our program to generate some enthusiasm and support. People will financially support a winner. Much hinges about the success of this football season.

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

Do we still teach English at Tech? "Disadvantages the Bulldogs"??? Dearth means scarcity and is not a term to describe a crap-ass conference... :icon_wink

Grammatical pet peeves aside, this debate has been around since we joined the WAC. We all know it's not perfect but it's our best option. Regardless of geography, I'd rather be associated with the Boise's and Fresno's and Hawaii's of the world rather than N. Texas and... well... ok, just N. Texas.

Puppy ntmeangreen11 has turned a few heads around herentmeangreen11 has turned a few heads around herentmeangreen11 has turned a few heads around herentmeangreen11 has turned a few heads around here

Oh good greif,we will be in the C-USA before you guys.

(this should Definetely restart the smack)

Varsity Bulldog PlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the rough
    Weatherford, Texas (15 miles west of Fort Worth)

Quote Originally Posted by ntmeangreen11

And thats because we really will be in CUSA before you guys. (solidifies it, ntmeangreen11)

Varsity Bulldog PlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the rough
    Weatherford, Texas (15 miles west of Fort Worth)

Big Grin Re: from College football news

Quote Originally Posted by ntmeangreen11

And thats because we really will be in CUSA before you guys. (doubly solidifies it, ntmeangreen11)

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

ya gotta win OOC games first

Who'd have thunk the one sun-belt team to beat North Texas would be the Indians?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew
    Who'd have thunk the one sun-belt team to beat North Texas would be the Indians?
    Folks will be saying that when we beat Boise this year. And no, I don't need anyone squelching my optimism.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

What's with the smiley faces?

And no, North Texas will only get into Conf. USA over SMU, Rice, and Houston's dead bodies.

That being said, I wouldn't mind either North Texas and/or ULL being in the same conference as us, so long as it is not the Sunbelt. Perhaps if Marshall, ECU, and Memphis bolt, space would be available for everyone. However, I see Troy making a push for Conf. USA. In that case, I would be inclined to pull for us and ULL over North Texas. We already hate those sorry ass canjuns, and the rivalry would just get stronger.

This being all said, no Conf. USA invite is up for grabs right now, and Tech is focused on getting to a bowl this year. We can argue about who gets a date to the prom later.

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar

No I doubt that. San Jose beating Boise would be equivalent to the juco beating NT in the Sun Belt.

Most knowledgeable people would expect either Fresno or us to be the ones to end Boise's streak.

I understand the point you were trying to make but our reputation is good enough on a national level that it would not be a total shock.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Well said. North Texas is just another stepping stone on the way to our bowl victory this year, and it AIN'T the New Orleans Consolation Bowl either!

+ Reply to Thread