+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: from College football news

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: from College football news

Beating Boise wouldn't be a surprise at all. We're the only ones to have beaten them and taken the WAC title SINCE the two teams entered the conference. Boise people watch us closely every year because we've been damn close every time, even though we've had bad teams the past few years. I say we've got'em this year, especially since it's in Ruston. We even still have a winning record against them.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Boise and UH that year...it was brutal. I do remember how much more classy the Boise players were than the UH players...of course, that's not saying all that much.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Puppy greenminer is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7
    Beating Boise wouldn't be a surprise at all. We're the only ones to have beaten them and taken the WAC title SINCE the two teams entered the conference. Boise people watch us closely every year because we've been damn close every time, even though we've had bad teams the past few years. I say we've got'em this year, especially since it's in Ruston. We even still have a winning record against them.
    Just for clarification, Rice beat them in '02 (according to ESPN) and you're not the only ones to give them fits in the WAC. They have escaped from Tulsa a couple times and were wiping the sweat off their brows when they walked away from last season's 2OT SJSU game.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Boise beat Rice 49-7 according to both Rice and Boise websites. ESPN is wrong on a more regular basis when it comes to stats than people know.

Tech is the last team to beat them in WAC play. Yes the have had a few close games in that time, but every team in every conference has had a scare from somebody.

In 2002 for instance North Texas beat Idaho 10-0 and Ark st. 13-10 squekers there, also in conference. How easily one of those games goes maybe two plays different and your streak is gone. Same with Boise, close doesn't count.

Boise also takes care of most of their OOC opponents as well.

Puppy greenminer is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog
    Boise beat Rice 49-7 according to both Rice and Boise websites. ESPN is wrong on a more regular basis when it comes to stats than people know.

Tech is the last team to beat them in WAC play. Yes the have had a few close games in that time, but every team in every conference has had a scare from somebody.

In 2002 for instance North Texas beat Idaho 10-0 and Ark st. 13-10 squekers there, also in conference. How easily one of those games goes maybe two plays different and your streak is gone. Same with Boise, close doesn't count.

Boise also takes care of most of their OOC opponents as well.
    sorry...typo: Rice's win was in '01.

I'm biting my tongue on this one, no matter the OOC opponent and how bad they are. Given UNT's track record outside the 'Belt, I'll believe the wins when I start seeing them. Inside I like to think that UNT is better than half the OOC teams they face, but DD plays for the Sun Belt right now and will take care of other teams when HE wants to...HURRY UP COACH DICKEY, I SAY! :P

Good luck this season.

Varsity Bulldog PlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the rough
    Weatherford, Texas (15 miles west of Fort Worth)

ya gotta win OOC games first
    LTU has an entire thread on the Spirit of 88 which I guess was a defining year for your school BUT......

Here was just a part of NORTH TEXAS 1988 season:

North Texas 29 Texas Tech 24

North Texas 24 Texas 27 ** Even UT Exes at DKR Memorial Stadium in Austin were apologizing to Mean Green fans post-game because they knew referees had screwed NT out of this win; DFW's ABC affiliate Channel 8's Dale Hansen concurred on his top rated Sunday night sports program in the Metroplex.

North Texas 33 Rice 17

NT is hardly void of key OOC wins as advertised on this board regularly. In fact, NORTH TEXAS beat Texas Tech 2 more times in the 1990's and 1 time in the the 2000's under Coach Dickey. Our alums started calling Texas Tech's SBC/Jones Stadium, uh, Fouts West.

Of course, after our high profile wins and unlike La Tech's after yours, NT went on to finish above .500 in each of the seasons those OOC wins took place.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

In the Sun Belt. 'nuff said.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ntmeangreen11
    Oh good greif,we will be in the C-USA before you guys.

(this should Definetely restart the smack)
    It might have... but we know that your full of shit.. so it didn't phase me... did give me a nice chuckle though.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlummMeanGreen
    LTU has an entire thread on the Spirit of 88 which I guess was a defining year for your school BUT......

North Texas 24 Texas 27 ** Even UT Exes at DKR Memorial Stadium in Austin were apologizing to Mean Green fans post-game because they knew referees had screwed NT out of this win; DFW's ABC affiliate Channel 8's Dale Hansen concurred on his top rated Sunday night sports program in the Metroplex.

North Texas 33 Rice 17

NT is hardly void of key OOC wins as advertised on this board regularly. In fact, NORTH TEXAS beat Texas Tech 2 more times in the 1990's and 1 time in the the 2000's under Coach Dickey. Our alums started calling Texas Tech's SBC/Jones Stadium, uh, Fouts West.

Of course, after our high profile wins and unlike La Tech's after yours, NT went on to finish above .500 in each of the seasons those OOC wins took place.
    :sleeping3

Varsity Bulldog PlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the roughPlummMeanGreen is a jewel in the rough
    Weatherford, Texas (15 miles west of Fort Worth)

Big Grin Re: from College football news

In the Sun Belt. 'nuff said.
    And yall are in the WAC, nuff' said except if you add the letters "K Y" to the end of WAC that will give you a clue of what yall are for being in such a far flung league while it eats away at your re$erves which prevents your school from keeping up in the NCAA D1-A athletic venue's arms race while some of you are still even bragging about all of "THAT?"

Answer this one: Just who on the LTU defense is going to stop Sir Patrick Cobbs, ie, the Emerald Express AND Super JaMo Thomas; and with those 2 having an offensive line that has a Lombardy Trophy Award nominee (Dylan Lineberry) leading the way for those 2 RB's? There have been a Big 12 school or 2 that haven't stopped either one of them at different intervals.

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlummMeanGreen

North Texas 33 Rice 17

Texas Tech= High profile win? And why even mention Rice? Listing Texas as an almost win? Are we listing moral victories too? If so, list national champion Miami down (dorsey, portis, shockey) and Auburn on our "moral victory" list.

I might would go so far as to say the Texas Tech wins for NT were comparable to our win over Oklahoma State, but there is no way in hell you can compare beating Texas Tech to beating SEC champ Alabama. The year you beat any one of the Big 12, PAC-10, Big 10, or SEC champ, I will give North Texas their due.

And I will say this North Texas fans-- your team beats the teams it should beat. There is something to be proud of there. Alot of teams, including us, do not day in and day out beat teams that we are superior to. And while I understand your knee jerk reaction to try and defend your OOC schedule, it pretty much has been devoid of any significant victories over teams that were better than ya'll.

This year we will see what those Tigers in Baton Rouge do to you. One advantage you will have is playing them early in the season. On one hand I would hate to listen to you guys talk smack for the next month if you did win, but I also like for non-BCS schools to beat BCS schools. Most fans on here will likely be pulling for ya.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikedog
    Most fans on here will likely be pulling for ya.
    Understatement. I will be pulling for you, sweating for you, cheering for you, whatever it takes. I hope ya'll have your game of the century and add the tiggers to your OOC bragging rights.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66
    Understatement. I will be pulling for you, sweating for you, cheering for you, whatever it takes. I hope ya'll have your game of the century and add the tiggers to your OOC bragging rights.
    Most people on the board would be happy for you. There is no team on earth I would rather see lose.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    Most people on the board would be happy for you. There is no team on earth I would rather see lose.
    Couldn't agree more. Send me a North Texas hat or something, and I'll wear it that weekend. Of course, it will be burned for homecoming...

Puppy ntmeangreen11 has turned a few heads around herentmeangreen11 has turned a few heads around herentmeangreen11 has turned a few heads around herentmeangreen11 has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    It might have... but we know that your full of shit.. so it didn't phase me... did give me a nice chuckle though.
    well,seriously,C-USA wouldn't take your team,or your piss-poor athletic budget

what do you have besides crappy facilities and a decent(womens) bball team. NOTHING.

ULL-20,LT-24(IN COMBACK FASHION!) nuff' said

Im not full of shit,noone expects your athletic program to be chosen over the likes of UNT/ULL/ULM/Troy/the florida schools.

Sorry,but no,and you can say you're ABOVE the belt because Boise and Fresno are in your league,but that doesn't make you better than us,your dumbass fans seem to think you won't go to the belt.

my opinion-go independent,play 4 or 5 money games instead of 2 or 3,and store some more money.

Until then,you WON'T be considered, UNT has alot going on w/ facilities,what do you guys have? a win over OSU? amazing.:icon_razz

You guys suck

NT-30
    LT-13

JMO-140+
    PC-110+
    JQ-6 catches,90+ yards

our offense is just too good for you to win.:icon_wink

+ Reply to Thread