+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More I-Bowl News

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

More I-Bowl News

Things just aren't looking too good for them right now. ......Darn. :icon_wink

SHREVEPORT, La. -- The Independence Bowl was not among the bowl tie-ins announced by the Big 12 Conference last week, despite the efforts of bowl officials.
    "It would have been my preference to announce all of our four-year agreements at one time, but some of the bowls and other conferences were anxious to get on with it, so we thought it better to provide you with the agreements we have up to this point," Big 12 commissioner Kevin Weiberg said.

Those agreements announced Friday go down to a sixth selection among bowl-eligible Big 12 teams.

Weiberg said the league wants to add one or two more bowls to its 2006-09 lineup.

"We would like to add at least one additional agreement. We're in those discussions now," Weiberg said. "It would be our hope to add at least one additional spot."

Those additions would come from the Independence, Forth Worth and Houston Bowls. The I-Bowl had the highest payout ($1.2 million) last year among those three bowls.

Weiberg said he would like to complete the final additions "as quickly as we can. This has been a long process; I hope it doesn't go much further."

Independence Bowl officials remain cautiously confident, said executive director Missy Setters.

"We have nothing to tell us anything otherwise at this point," Setters said.

As it is, the Fiesta Bowl and/or the Bowl Championship national championship game would have the first selection among Big 12 teams. The Cotton Bowl follows at No. 2 with the Holiday Bowl at the No. 3 selection and the Alamo Bowl at No. 4. The Gator Bowl and Sun Bowl will share the No. 5 over a four-year period and the Insight Bowl is at No. 6 in the selection process.

In an arrangement with the Sun and Gator bowls, the Big 12 is guaranteed a spot each season in eon of the bowls, with no more than two appearances in either game over the four years of the contract. The Gator Bowl has the option to select a Big 12 team in the first two years of the agreement, but if it elects not to do so it must take a Big 12 team in the final two years.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: More I-Bowl News

It couldn't happen to a more deserving group of people!

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Even if they manage to get the 7 spot, they run the danger of having the Big 12 get a 2nd team in the BCS and have to go 8 deep before a Big 12 team is available. Even as deep as the Big 12 is, it's not going to be easy to get that many teams bowl eligible when the teams play 8 games in conference.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Do they have a new sponsor yet?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    Do they have a new sponsor yet?
    Glad Garbage Bags?

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Sounds to me like the I-bowl is doing a good impersonation of the Titanic.

Expect a Shreveport outcry for Tech to play about two games a year in the "newly renamed" stadium in Shreveport after it's bowl game becomes a thing of the past.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    Glad Garbage Bags?
    I'm thinking more on the lines of Kilpatrick Funeral Homes "You kill'em we chill'em" Bowl. 27 murders so far this year compared to 21 all of last year. That's a real draw for Shreveport.

I can see the ad now - if you're a thrill seeker come to Shreveport. Imagine the rush as you are stopped at a red light and some thug appears out of nowhere and attempts to drag you out of your car, or you have just finished a boring day of shopping at the mall and as you approach your car you are robbed at gunpoint.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    Expect a Shreveport outcry for Tech to play about two games a year in the "newly renamed" stadium in Shreveport after it's bowl game becomes a thing of the past.

You give them far too much credit.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    I'm thinking more on the lines of Kilpatrick Funeral Homes "You kill'em we chill'em" Bowl. 27 murders so far this year compared to 21 all of last year. That's a real draw for Shreveport.

I can see the ad now - if you're a thrill seeker come to Shreveport. Imagine the rush as you are stopped at a red light and some thug appears out of nowhere and attempts to drag you out of your car, or you have just finished a boring day of shopping at the mall and as you approach your car you are robbed at gunpoint.
    WOW! I had no idea it was that bad this year.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

How bout this catchy phone answering system........."Caddo Parish Morgue... you hack 'em.. we sack 'em"

+ Reply to Thread