+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tulane article in Houston Chron

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Tulane article in Houston Chron

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Tulane article in Houston Chron

"You get a little feeling from their football team when you see them," Mason said. "I guess we're on their turf. But all around the campus and everywhere we've been, I've felt welcome. People here have reached out to do everything for us — teachers, other students, people on the street."

I wish he hadn't said the first part, but it was irresponsible of the writer to put it in print. Nobody benefits from the statement that Mason likely didn't intend to be printed.

Varsity Bulldog MycoskieMedia is just really niceMycoskieMedia is just really niceMycoskieMedia is just really niceMycoskieMedia is just really niceMycoskieMedia is just really niceMycoskieMedia is just really niceMycoskieMedia is just really niceMycoskieMedia is just really niceMycoskieMedia is just really niceMycoskieMedia is just really niceMycoskieMedia is just really nice MycoskieMedia's Avatar

I don't think it was irresponsible of the reporter. Mason was on record and the first part adds something interesting. You said nobody benefits, but the readers do by getting more of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    "You get a little feeling from their football team when you see them," Mason said. "I guess we're on their turf. But all around the campus and everywhere we've been, I've felt welcome. People here have reached out to do everything for us — teachers, other students, people on the street."

I wish he hadn't said the first part, but it was irresponsible of the writer to put it in print. Nobody benefits from the statement that Mason likely didn't intend to be printed.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I would expect another journalist to see it that way.

Chris, it potentially stirs up crap between Tulane players and Tech players. It may not. I just didn't see why the statement needed to be included.

Varsity Bulldog DustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to all

I am going to give the Bulldog players the benefit of the doubt on this one. I really rather doubt that the overall mood from the team is in any way "hostile" to Tulane. I think most of our guys are bigger than that. Frankly, I think that they are probably quite sympathetic to Tulane's plight. After all, we have guys from South Louisiana on our team as well.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

That is a hook for the national audience who are only attracted to this story because of its horrific circumstance. No one from either Tulane or Louisiana Tech will be anymore interested in the story because of it, nor will the Louisiana audience.

That hook was designed to help that article be picked up and run in area's other than his normal Houston zone.

+ Reply to Thread