+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looks like we have a good one ...

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Looks like we have a good one ...

“Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Re: Looks like we have a good one ...

You have got to love that. It looks like its going to be an exciting year.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by steltz
    You have got to love that. It looks like its going to be an exciting year.
    WOW! Yeah, that's awesome!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

GOTTA LOVE IT!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds great!!!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Area basketball all-stars have game to match their style

Starks, Mangum dazzle for South en route to victory

By EMILY DAVIS
    Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

RESOURCES
    HOUSTON'S HOTTEST

Highlights by the numbers from the TGCA convention:
    • 3 — Number of area track and field athletes — Kingwood's Elizabeth Alexander, Elsik's Ozie Okolie and Anahuac's Stacy Monteau — recognized as TGCA all-star team members Thursday.
    • 20 — Number of minutes a power outage delayed the 4A/5A all-star game at Delco Center.
    AUSTIN - It was easy to spot Dulles' Eboni Mangum and Westfield's Takia Starks as they waited to be announced before Thursday's Texas Girls Coaches Association 4A/5A all-star game.

No, it wasn't their bubbly personalities or charming smiles that made them stand out. It was their dark warm-up shirts — which contrasted with everyone else's white jerseys — that neither removed.

"I guess that's just an H-town thing," Starks said.

But once the South put a dazzling finish on its 65-60 victory over the North at Austin ISD's Delco Center, Starks and Mangum were being noticed for much more than just their uniforms.

Whether it was the crowd-pleasing no-look pass from Starks to Mangum with 22 seconds left to give the South a five-point lead or the combined 21 points the girls scored, it was clear that H-town thing was working Thursday. Houston's three all-stars — Starks, Mangum and Spring's Laquisha Cook — combined for 24 of the South's 65 points.

"I liked knowing she was out there," Starks said of Mangum. "I knew I could get that pass to her and she'd be able to finish it off for us. She's a great player and a wonderful teammate."

And both girls found confidence in their third Houston-area teammate — Cook, who finished with three points, three rebounds and a steal.

"This is an important time for us," Mangum said. "It gives us a chance to take the court with some familiar faces but also with some unknown players. There were some really good girls out there."

Mangum included. As this year's TGCA basketball player of the year, there were more than just family members eager to see the future Louisiana Tech player put her skills on display.

Although Mangum gets quiet and simply smiles as she ponders whether she wore a target on her No. 12 South jersey, she isn't quick to dismiss the idea.

"I don't know," she said. "I just wanted to have fun. And being with those girls out there was a lot of fun. Plain and simple."

emily.davis@chron.com

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    It was easy to spot Dulles' Eboni Mangum and Westfield's Takia Starks as they waited to be announced before Thursday's Texas Girls Coaches Association 4A/5A all-star game.

No, it wasn't their bubbly personalities or charming smiles that made them stand out. It was their dark warm-up shirts — which contrasted with everyone else's white jerseys — that neither removed.

"I guess that's just an H-town thing," Starks said.

emily.davis@chron.com
    OK>> I believe in "just win baby" but that is a tad strange.

Puppy MuleDog is an unknown

I believe that, all things considered, we will be a better team next season. The combination of new coaches, new players and a new attitude is going to make a positive difference. I am looking forward to the season. The early schedule though is very tough.

A couple of really good wins in the early season will go a long way to build the confidence for this team. Chris Long is known for dissecting the other team. With our two new coaches behind him, we are in great shape. I think that Brooke will build up that emotion on the sidelines.

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

I really hope Deciman is in the locker room and bulking up to hold down the center. There is a great supporting cast but we need our big girl to be a power on the inside. If anyone has any updates on Deciman I would like to hear them. Congrats to Eboni on her achievements and look foward to seeing her on the court.

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Im pretty sure mrgret is playing in canada and overseas thi summer

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by steltz
    Im pretty sure mrgret is playing in canada and overseas thi summer
    Really? That is great news, if she is. That could only help in her development.

She has two sessions of camp for the Canadian Senior Women's National Team in Ontario and then she goes overseas for competition. I am guessing with this team.

This could only help her game and I hope that she comes back even bigger and stronger.

Puppy WestCoast Dawg is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by DFWDawg
    I really hope Deciman is in the locker room and bulking up to hold down the center. There is a great supporting cast but we need our big girl to be a power on the inside. If anyone has any updates on Deciman I would like to hear them. Congrats to Eboni on her achievements and look foward to seeing her on the court.
    Deciman made the Canadian Development Team and is headed for Turkey.

+ Reply to Thread