+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 Foorball Season

Big Dog #1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears #1techfan's Avatar

2005 Football Season

I was just wondering from all of ya'll on this board. Ya'll are the true Tech fans and ya'll's opinions should matter. So I am just wondering what would ya'll like to see as far as making the football games more of a show (per say) like in pre-game, halftime and things like that. Now these ideas need to be feasible. I was just wondering what ya'll's ideas would be towards making the games more entertaining.
    Last edited by #1techfan; 07-19-2005 at 09:15 PM.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 2005 Foorball Season

Pre-game entertainment
    Bands in the parking lot
    Coors Light twins
    etc

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Lil' John and the Eastside Boyz halftime show

Ok- in all honesty... there is only so much you can do with our facilities. Our sound system sucks and we don't have any jumbotron to show highlights. If you are in charge of coming up with something entertaining for the pre-game an halftime shows, your boss doesn't like you very much. It sounds like an impossible job.

Big Dog #1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears #1techfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    Pre-game entertainment
    Bands in the parking lot
    Coors Light twins
    etc
    Can you be a little more specific and a little more realistic, I mean how are we supposed to get teh Coors Light Twins?

Bands in the parking lot, you mean like cover bands just playing music?

And what kind of pre-game entertainment would you be interested in seeing. What would make you come to the games and bring some friends with you?

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Pre-game entertainment
    Bands in the parking lot
    Coors Light twins
    etc

I like where you are going with the Coors Light twins idea.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Can you be a little more specific and a little more realistic, I mean how are we supposed to get teh Coors Light Twins? Ask the local distributor or have a contest and pick our own

Bands in the parking lot, you mean like cover bands just playing music? Would be great to see a band in tailgate alley and on the hill with the students. How bout a karoke booth? How bout a dunking booth?

And what kind of pre-game entertainment would you be interested in seeing. What would make you come to the games and bring some friends with you? I expect to average 50 or more for our tailgate parties. How do I get people to show up? Free food, drinks, and tickets. And a lot of shame for our uninvolved alum.

Can you be a little more specific and a little more realistic, I mean how are we supposed to get teh Coors Light Twins? Ask the local distributor or have a contest and pick our own

Bands in the parking lot, you mean like cover bands just playing music? Would be great to see a band in tailgate alley and on the hill with the students. How bout a karoke booth? How bout a dunking booth?

And what kind of pre-game entertainment would you be interested in seeing. What would make you come to the games and bring some friends with you? I expect to average 50 or more for our tailgate parties. How do I get people to show up? Free food, drinks, and tickets. And a lot of shame for our uninvolved alum.
    Well those are very good ideas. I will tell you that we are working on having a band at every home football game prior to kickoff around the student tailgating area. I know for homecoming we are going to have a cajun band playing there and we are working on other bands for other games. I like your ideas and if you can think of any other kinds of entertainment for pre-game let me know. Thanks very much.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Replace the female announcer for the Band of Pride at halftime!!

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

this is excellent.. this is actually something LSU doesn't have, but I guess they don't need it because of the masses of tailgaters, but then again who cares? These are great ideas. I remember when Metallica played in the parking lot of an Oakland Raiders game. Any band in the parking lot would rule.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14
    Replace the female announcer for the Band of Pride at halftime!!
    AMEN!!!

Varsity Bulldog Papadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the ears Papadawg62's Avatar

What I would like to see to improve the game-day would be to win and win BIG!!! That would do more for our attendance than anything anyone could dream up!!!

Hank

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering were is the student tailgaiting at. I want to set something up for next year.

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Have contests for the tailgate community. Award prizes to the winners. Biggest crowd, best chili, best gumbo.

Encourage the greeks to have a tailgate party.

Pregame bands in the student section with food for the students (burgers, etc).

Activities for the kids. Bounce houses, face painting, trading cards of former and current Bulldog players.

Most importantly, advertising. Let the fans know about the pregame activities. After game concerts, fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG
    I was wondering were is the student tailgaiting at. I want to set something up for next year.
    The student tailgating area is right off of Stadium Dr. in front of the stadium on the student side.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by dchi72
    Have contests for the tailgate community. Award prizes to the winners. Biggest crowd, best chili, best gumbo.

Encourage the greeks to have a tailgate party.

Pregame bands in the student section with food for the students (burgers, etc).

Activities for the kids. Bounce houses, face painting, trading cards of former and current Bulldog players.

Most importantly, advertising. Let the fans know about the pregame activities. After game concerts, fireworks.
    Could the Union Board have one of their big concerts for the year at Joe Aillet after the game (for at least homecoming)? That might help keep some of the flighty students in Ruston...

+ Reply to Thread