+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Join the Blue Crew" Billboards

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

"Join the Blue Crew" Billboards

Have any of you seen these in the Monroe/West Monroe area? I've seen at least three so far. I'm usually not in favor of billboard advertising, but these are pretty catchy. If they are as catchy to "casual" or non Tech fans as they are to me, they may help.

One problem. The WBB player is wearing the powder blue instead of the traditional Tech Blue. A while back there was a thread about the WBB team changing to the real Tech colors. Did that get nixed?

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Re: "Join the Blue Crew" Billboards

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    Have any of you seen these in the Monroe/West Monroe area? I've seen at least three so far. I'm usually not in favor of billboard advertising, but these are pretty catchy. If they are as catchy to "casual" or non Tech fans as they are to me, they may help.

One problem. The WBB player is wearing the powder blue instead of the traditional Tech Blue. A while back there was a thread about the WBB team changing to the real Tech colors. Did that get nixed?
    Evidently, the Techsters are immune to any changes the ENTIRE university has adopted. Don't get me started on the 1970's powder blue uniforms the ladies are so-inclined to wear. They're almost defiant about it, they will wear that color regardless-I'll tread lightly with this subject because I may start getting red dots if I continue.

Varsity Bulldog nickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the rough nickdawg67's Avatar

I saw the billboard today and that was the first thing that I noticed was the "Lady Techster blue." I think it sticks out like a sore thumb, but that is just me. Other than that I like it. At least we are trying to do some sort of marketing.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nickdawg67
    I saw the billboard today and that was the first thing that I noticed was the "Lady Techster blue." I think it sticks out like a sore thumb, but that is just me. Other than that I like it. At least we are trying to do some sort of marketing.
    Agreed that techster blue is an eyesoar in this particular campaign.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nickdawg67
    ... At least we are trying to do some sort of marketing.
    and it's about time

Big Dog Easydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the rough Easydawg's Avatar

I saw one in West Monroe last weekend. It looks good. Are these in any other city in Louisiana? perhaps somewhere in the Red Stick, Shreveport or Alexandria. What about out of state? I think Dallas, Little Rock and Jackson, MS would be good spots?

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

i doubt they would do jackson, dallas or lr, but they should certainly do texarkana, eldorado, and vicksburg.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by JAY
    i doubt they would do jackson, dallas or lr, but they should certainly do texarkana, eldorado, and vicksburg.
    I agree. There's a bit too much competition in the bigger markets mentioned...but we really should do a little work on the smaller cities&towns...

Big Dog SummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the ears SummaCumDoggie's Avatar

If you go to www.latechsports.com there is a big ad that pops up for the campaign.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome.. I'd love to see a Tech billboard, but I won't see it down here in Baton Rouge. I gotta get me those new shirts though!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Lamar got us great locations in Monroe-West Monroe.

Here's Lea Joyner Expressway going south.
    tm
    Last edited by Dawgpix; 02-22-2009 at 06:25 AM.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    Lamar got us great locations in Monroe-West Monroe.

Here's Lea Joyner Expressway going south.
    tm
    Thanks for the picture. I would love to see one of those on I-20 over here in Texas. How much do these cost?

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar

Thumbs Up Re: "Join the Blue Crew" Billboards

Great looking sign! Congratulations to La Tech Athletic Department for getting these things up!!!

TD
    ~~

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

VERY Cool! Thanks for the pic!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

What???????

No green for the blue pix?:bigcry:

Hey, it was almost 100 degrees outside when I rolled down the window on the car to snap the photo!!!!!
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread