+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hockey is back!!!!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: hockey is back!!!!

What is Hockey? Is that the game where the Mudbugs go get in fights with sharp blades on their feet?!??!

Now that's cool... sharp blades.... shootouts... fights..... hehe, why isn't this sport more popular!!! Who cares who wins.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Sorry about that.......Hockey is such an easy target......well....I just couldn't help myself.

HD
    no problem, hd. i just get tired of defending hockey all the time...i just want to ride my wave right now. we're going to have a season next year with new rules and new players and it's going to be exciting...at least for me.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Come'on.. Hockey RULES! I don't know why it doesn't get more popular here.. take the IceGators for example.. the most violent, but winningest team in minor league hockey history. Their season ticket base was larger than some NHL teams. It was insane... but then they have one bad season and the fair-weather fans quit for ONE season and boom.. financial problems.. no more team. Hard to believe that people that cheer for losing ULL football teams will quit on the beloved gators so quickly...

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

I went to a fight one time and lo and behold a hockey game broke out. If hockey was popular they would stop the unnecessary violence during the games. But they can't because sadly they need it to draw fans.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

The fighting is the main reason I STOPPED going to hockey games and the ECHL was the worst about it. I had season tickets behind the home goal for the BR Kingfish and I got tired of dads cramming their 3-yr old little boys up against the glass yelling "hit'em" and "look at the blood" ... Its nauseating thinking about it.

I have friends who play hockey in BR and those leagues kick you out altogether for fighting. Novel concept eh? If the professionals started requiring stiff penalties ... ohh say ...5 game suspensions, I think it would stop. Hockey is actually a very fun game to watch IMHO. It doesn't need the fighting.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

I like the fighting sometimes, but the ones I saw at the IceGator games weren't too bad and weren't like constant. I do enjoy the games where they're hitting like crazy and diving all over the place, trying to get that desperate rebound shot off the post though. The last game had a Lafayette player and a Beaumont player squaring off and just as they had a grip on each other, fists clenched, they stopped.. looked up at the refs for a sec and were like.. yeeeaaah.... and tried to play it off. Of course, that's stupid because one gets a roughing penalty. I say once you've messed up and gotten that 2 minute.. might as well go for it and get both of you a 5 minute, just to avoid the penalty kill, lol. Ah well.. good ol' hockey.

Varsity Bulldog solo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the rough

I use to work for the Kingfish and the ECHL was the league known specifically for fights. I was in the hallway between the Kingfish and Ice Gator lockerrooms after a game and they almost went at it in the hall. Some people say they leave it on the ice after the game but that's crap. I think its funny when teams hire someone that sucks at hockey but is a great fighter just to rough people up. They literally call it the goon squad

Man.. the KingFish sucked too, all they were good for was throwing punches. What a bunch of thugs. ECHL does fight substantially more than NHL or AHL though.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

I went to a single NHL game in Vancouver. Have a picture of me standing next to the Stanley Cup (it travels around the league apparently) ... Pavel Bure scored about 6 seconds into the game. It was pretty funny.

Donald Brashear was their big goon and he apparently an accomplished jazz pianist. So when they put him out on the ice it was during a break in the action. They played a little video that toggled between him playing some light jazz and him beating the tar out of folks to an aggressive metal tune. Within 20 seconds of resuming action he was in a fight.

Somebody was probably making comments about him being a jazz wuss or something. haha. We had some fighters, but the fav. this year in Lafayette was a skills guy, named Maxime Fortunus. He was a black guy from Canada that scored lotsa points. I believe he's with the Houston Aeros, 'cause he got called up. The NHL affiliate team is the Minnesota Wild, and I wonder if he'll make it there.. I think so.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

weunice-

brashear is not just a goon...he might have been when you saw him...but since he's been on the flyers he's become a pretty good passer and a tremendous defensive forward. he does like to fight, though, but he usually does it when the game is a blow out or he thinks his team needs a boost of energy. that's why guys like him, ty domi (the maple leaf who pulled a fan into the penalty box with him), and darren mccarty are so coveted by teams. i, personally, don't care much for watching the fighting (i'll usually go get a snack if one breaks out) but i do appreciate the psychological effect it has on the the fighters teammates.

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi
    weunice-

brashear is not just a goon...he might have been when you saw him...but since he's been on the flyers he's become a pretty good passer and a tremendous defensive forward. he does like to fight, though, but he usually does it when the game is a blow out or he thinks his team needs a boost of energy. that's why guys like him, ty domi (the maple leaf who pulled a fan into the penalty box with him), and darren mccarty are so coveted by teams. i, personally, don't care much for watching the fighting (i'll usually go get a snack if one breaks out) but i do appreciate the psychological effect it has on the the fighters teammates.
    So does that make you a hockey purist?

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

how in the world is this thread still going.

Quote Originally Posted by soccer_dawg9
    So does that make you a hockey purist?
    probably...but at this point i'm willing to accept any changes that will help the sport succeed (not like i really have a choice). but, you can ask any player in the game and he will tell you that fighting isn't something that happens in the game...it is part of the game. now, the guys in the echl took that way too far, all they did was fight, that's why you don't hear them mentioned seriously by hockey folks. anyway, fighting has always been part of hockey and, frankly, lots of people like watching two grown men on ice skates beat the hell out of one another.

I admit it.. if there was NO fighting... I'd miss it. It's ridiculous if it's constant, but when eeeeevery now and then, two guys just freakin' beat the piss out of each other, it's awesome, I'm sorry if I'm a goon. lol. Seeing the two slamming each other and talkin' crap all the time, the sticks flying all over and then finally it's like.. "THAT'S IT!!" and they get it on.. is great. Ya got people pounding on the glass, we're like, "kick his ass!!!!!" I like hockey in general though, so yeah if it's every period or something, that's just stupid and we should be watching boxing on ice(interesting concept...). Sometimes, we catch ourselves yelling, "SMOKE THE REFS!!" Actually, that happened by accident at one of the games. An IceGator wasn't paying attention and slammed right into the guy and just about hip-checked him into the board. The ref had to go bandage himself and the game continued. Hell yeah

+ Reply to Thread