+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hockey is back!!!!

Varsity Bulldog solo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the rough

Re: hockey is back!!!!

My favorite so far was at a mudbug game when I was sitting right at the boards during a face off and two of the guys just looked at each other and said,"hey wanna go?" as casual as if they were saying whats up. As soon as the puck dropped the gloves came off. They hadn't had a rough check or any interaction up until that point. I guess they were just bored

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Like I said, without fighting, hockey has a snooze factor that is right up there with soccer and womens BB.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    Like I said, without fighting, hockey has a snooze factor that is right up there with soccer and womens BB.
    my dad used to say that, but i got him watching it regularly year before last and he really got into it once he learned the rules. and the hits are awesome...some little guy like martin st louis comes across the middle of the ice and gets leveled by a 6-4 240 lb defensman...that's entertainment right there. also remember that when those guys get hit, they don't fall on grass...i've seen guys hit the ice so hard they break their nose or loose teeth. it's a tough, fast-paced game and, if you give it a chance, i think you'll enjoy it. but i'm baised i love the game.

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    Tell that to the rest of the three or four billion people in the world.

By the way, Pittsburgh got the number one pick so if Crosby decides to go to the NHL, he will be a there.

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

I lived in Dallas for 2 1/2 years and went to many, many Dallas Stars games before moving back to Ruston. I LOVE HOCKEY!! The Stars are my favorite team.

Growing up in Ruston, I used to hate hockey and NASCAR mainly because I didn't understand them. I believe that you cannot begin to appreciate the skill and athleticism in each sport until you either go to or try to play them. I am glad that they were finally able to reach an agreement on the CBA - at least for the next 6 years.

Jeremy Telford
    owner, Dowling's Smokehouse

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi
    i know nobody cares but me but i'm pumped:

NHL players - relieved, happy - ratify contract

CURTIS RUSH
    STAFF REPORTER THESTAR.COM

National Hockey League players have ratified their new six-year collective agreement.

The announcement was made by players association president Bob Goodenow at a news conference this afternoon.

The players were relieved and happy.

“We’re here because we want to play hockey,” said Montreal Canadiens goaltender Jose Theodore. “This is the best deal we could do right now.”

The deal allows for hockey this season after a 301-day lockout, the longest work stoppage in the history of professional sports.

The actual vote count was not immediately known, and it wasn’t certain whether today’s vote would be revealed anytime soon.

However, players leaving a downtown Toronto hotel today seemed to feel the vote would pass, although not all 700 or so players were happy with accepting a salary cap and 24-per-cent rollback in salaries.

NHL president Gary Bettman and union chief Bob Goodenow were to hold a news conference today at 4 p.m.

“Some guys will be bitter,” said New York Rangers forward Doug Weight. “But it’s a negotiation.”

Some, like veteran Vancouver Canucks forward Mike Keane, told thestar.com that the players didn’t want the prospect of sitting out a second season.

But, “I think the vote will be closer than a lot of people think,” he said.

All players interviewed, however, expressed support for Goodenow, even though he has been publicly criticized by media and some players for taking the players out for a season with a strategy of refusing to accept a salary cap.

“He did a great job. It’s a tough market. The guys on the committee did the best they could.”

Then, at one point, he proposed the 24 per cent salary rollback.

Some players said that proposal caught them by surprise.

No one would talk about the controversial proposal to have the players put a percentage of their salaries in an escrow fund until the new salary cap can be calculated at the end of each season.

If league-wide salaries exceed 54 per cent of NHL revenues, the players will be directed to return a portion of their incomes from the escrow fund.

“It gets complicated,” Keane said, adding that the players association told the players that how this will work won’t be known until the games get under way and it’s more clearly known how much the lockout cost the league in fan support.

Montreal Canadiens goaltender Theodore told reporters that the deal isn’t as bad for the players as some critics are pointing out.

The 28-year-old particularly likes the fact that he will be entitled to become an unrestricted free agent after this coming season.

In the summer of 2007, players who are 28 or have seven seasons will qualify. In 2008 — and for the remainder of the agreement —players who are 27 or have seven seasons of experience will qualify.

“Before you had to wait until you are 31, so I’m excited about that,” Theodore said. “It’s going to be a whole new ball game for me. There’s a lot of good things for players. A guy like Vinny Lecavalier (Tampa Bay Lightning) only has one more year and he can become a free agent.”

Theodore also said he’s looking forward to some exciting new rule changes that should make the game more popular with the fans, including the prospect of shootouts.

“It’s going to be a new era, a new beginning for hockey,” he said. He’s even in favour of shootouts — “as long as they don’t count against my personal statistics,” he said with a smile.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

On my NHL game on XBox, I almost ONLY play as the Dallas Stars! How could you not?! The only thing that sucks is that Modano's a puss in the fights on there. It's okay though when I take Jason Arnott or Sergei Zubov across the ice and lay them the hell out.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7
    On my NHL game on XBox, I almost ONLY play as the Dallas Stars! How could you not?! The only thing that sucks is that Modano's a puss in the fights on there. It's okay though when I take Jason Arnott or Sergei Zubov across the ice and lay them the hell out.
    i usually play with the sj sharks...i used to play with the kings (i saw gretsky play with them along time ago) but they suck on the game (and in reality). the sharks are fun they are quick and tough. you're right about modano, i beat that dude down with kyle mcklaren...but mcklaren's a beast.

do you play NHL 2005, or one of the older versions?

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

...An IceGator wasn't paying attention and slammed right into the guy and just about hip-checked him into the board. The ref had to go bandage himself and the game continued. Hell yeah....
    Then I should get some props too. Even though it was "only" baseball. I've been umpiring baseball for 8 years now. This one week 2 years ago was the worst ever.. summaried version.

Tuesday - on my way to the fields, I rear-ended someone on Jimmie Davis Bridge. Still went to work and felt sore.
    Thursday - took a pitch that bounced off the heel of the catchers mitt and got underneath my mask hitting my square in the adam's apple. Thank god the catchers dad was ER doctor. Took 3 minutes to get me breathing correctly and the eyes to stop watering
    Saturday - Took a foul tip off the tip of the elbow.... worst pain i've ever felt. Same dad was at the feild, he told me to go straight to the ER, but i couldn't. I didn't have a replacement umpire, so I grabbed a t-shirt, and wrapped it around my arm to where i couldn't move the arm. Finished that game, and still had another game (the 6th of the day) to call out on the bases. At 11:00 PM, went to the ER. Do i get some props?!??!?!

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    Then I should get some props too. Even though it was "only" baseball. I've been umpiring baseball for 8 years now. This one week 2 years ago was the worst ever.. summaried version.

Tuesday - on my way to the fields, I rear-ended someone on Jimmie Davis Bridge. Still went to work and felt sore.
    Thursday - took a pitch that bounced off the heel of the catchers mitt and got underneath my mask hitting my square in the adam's apple. Thank god the catchers dad was ER doctor. Took 3 minutes to get me breathing correctly and the eyes to stop watering
    Saturday - Took a foul tip off the tip of the elbow.... worst pain i've ever felt. Same dad was at the feild, he told me to go straight to the ER, but i couldn't. I didn't have a replacement umpire, so I grabbed a t-shirt, and wrapped it around my arm to where i couldn't move the arm. Finished that game, and still had another game (the 6th of the day) to call out on the bases. At 11:00 PM, went to the ER. Do i get some props?!??!?!
    dude, i think that Somebody is definately trying to tell you to get a different job.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Sik-m, I play the ESPN NHL 2005 version. That game is excellent except for the fact that now I can score at will. You can smoke the goalie on low post shots coming from the right angle, given you skate past the defenseman. The AI's not smart enough to stop it, but against people, it doesn't work as well. I try to score only off one-timers most of the time because of that, so that it's still fun.

Sik-m, I play the ESPN NHL 2005 version. That game is excellent except for the fact that now I can score at will. You can smoke the goalie on low post shots coming from the right angle, given you skate past the defenseman. The AI's not smart enough to stop it, but against people, it doesn't work as well. I try to score only off one-timers most of the time because of that, so that it's still fun.
    i've got the ea sports nhl 2005...i think the ai might be a little more active. the only problem with it is that (if you play against the computer) you have to fire about 15 shots on goal to score one but no matter how good your defense is they will score every 7th or so shot. it bothers the crap out of me.

I'm sad there won't be any more ESPN hockey games because of EA buying the exclusive license to so many sports.. The ESPN game is better in my opinion, at least with hockey.

i'd think and hope crosby will go to europe or ahl before he comes in...he's only 17, but more importantly he's 5'10"-185 (about sakic sized) and has never played against defensemen the caliber of stevens, blake, or pronger...there's a major difference in taking a hit from those guys and taking one quebec junior major hockey league. i think he's going to be great but i think europe or the ahl might toughen him up...but the way the league is strugling and given that the proposed new rules would allow for a lot more open skating (and less defense), we might be seeing him pretty soon.

incidently, you should be concerned about your avs. with the new cap you won't be able to have the luxury of sakic, forsberg, kayia, tanguy, selanne (all of which would be 1st line guys on almost any team in the league) blake, and foote...(forgive me if i missed any of your all-stars). i think you'll wind up keeping sakic, forsberg, tanguy, and foote...but the other 3 might be headed out. still a good team with a lot of young talent...just get a goalie.
    ok, if you're going to give red dots out do it for something more important than this above post. or at the very least sign it...let me know why this benign post earned a negative response.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

ok, if you're going to give red dots out do it for something more important than this above post. or at the very least sign it...let me know why this benign post earned a negative response.
    maybe crosby is perusing bbb and didn't like you talking badly about him.

theprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor
    maybe crosby is perusing bbb and didn't like you talking badly about him.

theprofessor
    i'm sure he'd be really concerned about the opinion of one random hockey fan in northern louisiana. and i wasn't talking badly about him. if the rules that are being proposed pass then he's going to do very well. i just don't want to see his head taken off in his first year.

+ Reply to Thread