+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prediction Time

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar

Prediction Time

OK guys, it's just a couple of weeks until 2 a days. Time for some serious thoughts to the upcoming season. I'll go first, looking at the schedule, I'll say we open the season with 2 losses and end it with 2 losses but put together a 7 game winning streak in between to finish 7-4. Nevada at their place will be tough but I think it'll be a win. Good to catch North Texas at home, I'll say Dawgs win a close one against the green guys and keep a good streak going. 7-4 will get us in a bowl somewhere.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Re: Prediction Time

Quote Originally Posted by ARKDAWG02
    OK guys, it's just a couple of weeks until 2 a days. Time for some serious thoughts to the upcoming season. I'll go first, looking at the schedule, I'll say we open the season with 2 losses and end it with 2 losses but put together a 7 game winning streak in between to finish 7-4. Nevada at their place will be tough but I think it'll be a win. Good to catch North Texas at home, I'll say Dawgs win a close one against the green guys and keep a good streak going. 7-4 will get us in a bowl somewhere.
    hummmmm

if history repeats again we will:

1. Beat at least one better team than us (FSU, BSU, Kansas)
    2. Florida will roll over us
    3. We will lose to two teams that we should easily outmatch
    4. We will let NTU stay in the game and find a way to escape

Varsity Bulldog KayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around here

OK, this is my take game by game and I will give a score to represent how close/one-sided I think it will be

Florida - we will get destroyed. I think we will hit them a couple of good plays but ultimately we just can't get it done. Our chances are better because we play them so early but they have a game before us so those game one kinks should already be ironed out. Plus I don't think Urban Meyer will have too many early kinks to worry about. They will probably compete for the national title just like LSU and Auburn did the past few years. Only difference is I have no plans to attend this time. Florida - 63 Tech - 10

Kansas - this is the game where I think our season is decided. If we win I think we can roll to a possible 7 wins. If we lose I think we get more like 5 or 6. We will play them tough but I think they will edge us out because we will put all our efforts into Florida and be drained afterwards. Kansas - 27 Tech - 24

New Mexico State - the friendly confines of Alliet and a traditionally horrible opponent. How can we not win? Tech - 34 NMSU - 20

Hawaii - I've seen us play them close and come up short at the end when we should have won twice so it's difficult to take us in this one. However, the overrated Timmy Chang is gone and could we will be able to forget about even trying to stop the run so I pull an alumni bias in this one. But in order to win it will have to be a shootout. Tech - 45 Hawaii - 38

Nevada - the best team on the schedule I am confident we can beat. Maybe it was the heat last year but they just didn't seem to have "it" and i'm guessing this year they don't either. Tech - 27 Nevada - 21

North Texas - I will be hated forever for this but I don't see a win. North Texas will be like Tech was our first year in the WAC. Nobody really knows a whole lot about them and they will be looking for respect. UNT - 31 Tech - 21

San Jose State - we have to win. We can't lose....can we? Tech - 30 SJSU - 6

Utah State - another "sure thing" in my opinion. The Aggies could prove formiddable for WAC competition and we play them up there, but I think we take this one. Tech - 35 Utah St. - 14

Idaho - no YOU da ho. Tech - 38 Idaho - 13

Boise State - haven't beaten them since first year in WAC so why start now? Boise - 41 Tech - 23

Fresno State - we shouldn't have won last year but they were not the Fresno of old. I think this is close but I give the nod to Fresno for coaching even though that's what cost them the game last year. Fresno - 27 Tech - 20

So that's 6 wins I'm predicting and given the bowl landscpae of the WAC we won't get one, and if we do it will be soemthing like the Houston Bowl or the New Orleans Bowl

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Tech 7-4 overall and 6-2 in the WAC.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Well, I'm not going to give quite the detail Kaybee did, but I'll lay out some predictions nonetheless.

Florida - L. I'll be there to cheer the dawgs on, so it would be nice if we could hang in (both halves) of the game. I think they just have a little too much depth. Okay, way too much depth. But I'll be there cheering on the dawgs, hoping for the best. You never know!

Kansas - L. Too much depth. Hopefully this will be close...maybe even close enough for a last second upset. I think that's the only way I can see us running away with a W.

NM State - W. Dawgs will make us proud at home.

Hawaii - W. We find just enough offense, and win a close one.

Nevada - W. A closer than desired win on the road, but a win nonetheless.

NT - W. We roll on the greenies for homecoming, and the NT smacktalkers on the board beg for forgiveness. Well, one out of two ain't bad.

SJ State - W. SJSU gets a quick and painful reminder of why they they to avoid scheduling Tech. This one's over quickly.

Utah State - W. I'm glad they have some nice facility upgrades planned. Won't do 'em much good this year.

Idaho - W. All the football talent in Idaho went to that "other" school down in Boise.

Boise St. - W. Apparently there's not much football talent in Idaho this year. We finally break the slide vs Boise, and get a close win at home.

Fresno St. - L. Late season away games in California? Not our cup of tea. Fresno exacts some revenge for last season.

We get at least a nice share of the WAC title and a bowl game somewhere a long way from where I live. 8-3 overall. We raise some much needed $$ and start some of the football projects.

How 'bout them dawgs!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I think FIM and dc are more along the lines. We'll beat one team we aren't supposed to and we'll lose to at least one that we aren't supposed to lose to. I can see us being somewhere between 8-3(best case) and 6-5(hopefully worst case).
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Low end 5-6. High side 7-4. I think we start the year 0-2 but hopefully show some life against Kan after getting drummed in Fla. Give Fresno the revenge factor and Boise the coaching factor and we lose 2 to end the year. Our season is made or broken with the middle stretch of 7 games with the swing games being Nev, Hawaii, and UNT. Lose all three and we have a horrible season. Win two and we at least have a winning season.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

JBIII is still at the helm. So, whatever the final record it won't be as good as it should be. If Tech finishes 7-4, then we should have been 8-3. If 3-8, the we should have been 4-7 or 5-6, etc.... If 12-0... I won't complain.

Florida is a loss, but other than that, Tech SHOULD be able to win any of the other games. Seven wins and a bowl trip sounds pretty good to me.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar

Nevada and UNT are the make or break games. I think we'll beat Hawaii without much trouble.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

7-5. lose to florida. beat kansas. upset boise at home. lose to fresno to close out the season. get upset by one of the newcomers. lose the bowl game.

theprofessor

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by KayBee
    OK, this is my take game by game and I will give a score to represent how close/one-sided I think it will be

Florida - we will get destroyed. I think we will hit them a couple of good plays but ultimately we just can't get it done. Our chances are better because we play them so early but they have a game before us so those game one kinks should already be ironed out. Plus I don't think Urban Meyer will have too many early kinks to worry about. They will probably compete for the national title just like LSU and Auburn did the past few years. Only difference is I have no plans to attend this time. Florida - 63 Tech - 10

Kansas - this is the game where I think our season is decided. If we win I think we can roll to a possible 7 wins. If we lose I think we get more like 5 or 6. We will play them tough but I think they will edge us out because we will put all our efforts into Florida and be drained afterwards. Kansas - 27 Tech - 24

New Mexico State - the friendly confines of Alliet and a traditionally horrible opponent. How can we not win? Tech - 34 NMSU - 20

Hawaii - I've seen us play them close and come up short at the end when we should have won twice so it's difficult to take us in this one. However, the overrated Timmy Chang is gone and could we will be able to forget about even trying to stop the run so I pull an alumni bias in this one. But in order to win it will have to be a shootout. Tech - 45 Hawaii - 38

Nevada - the best team on the schedule I am confident we can beat. Maybe it was the heat last year but they just didn't seem to have "it" and i'm guessing this year they don't either. Tech - 27 Nevada - 21

North Texas - I will be hated forever for this but I don't see a win. North Texas will be like Tech was our first year in the WAC. Nobody really knows a whole lot about them and they will be looking for respect. UNT - 31 Tech - 21

San Jose State - we have to win. We can't lose....can we? Tech - 30 SJSU - 6

Utah State - another "sure thing" in my opinion. The Aggies could prove formiddable for WAC competition and we play them up there, but I think we take this one. Tech - 35 Utah St. - 14

Idaho - no YOU da ho. Tech - 38 Idaho - 13

Boise State - haven't beaten them since first year in WAC so why start now? Boise - 41 Tech - 23

Fresno State - we shouldn't have won last year but they were not the Fresno of old. I think this is close but I give the nod to Fresno for coaching even though that's what cost them the game last year. Fresno - 27 Tech - 20

So that's 6 wins I'm predicting and given the bowl landscpae of the WAC we won't get one, and if we do it will be soemthing like the Houston Bowl or the New Orleans Bowl
    Good analyses....I agree with every game. I do think, however, that we could sneak up on Kansas or Fresno but also blow it against Nevada or Hawaii.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Florida - L

Kansas - L

NM State - W

Hawaii - W

Nevada - W

NT - W

SJ State - W

Utah State - W

Idaho - W

Boise St. - L

Fresno St. - L

This is what I really believe will happen when I look at the individual games. Unfortunately I think we will lose one game we should win and that takes my 7-4 and drops it down to 6-5. 3rd place in the WAC for the 2nd year in a row and no bowl. Hopefully we can upset Kansas , Fresno or Boise OR win all the games we are supposed to and finish at 7-4. But right now I am sticking with 6-5.

Varsity Bulldog grimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around here grimey's Avatar

4-7

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses
    Good analyses....I agree with every game. I do think, however, that we could sneak up on Kansas or Fresno but also blow it against Nevada or Hawaii.
    Both you and KayBee are nuts if you think Louisiana Tech will lose to UNT. What are you people smoking? Surely you haven't bought into all the crap being spewed on the boards by the UNT fans?

Just goes to prove.........if you tell a lie often enough, somebody will be stupid enough to believe it.

HD

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

One look at last year's ulala game is all it takes to know that the UNT game could go either way.

+ Reply to Thread